Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Background:
    I am a current Sprint customer. I have the everything data family plan with 1500 anytime minutes. Since I have had that plan for awhile and am a "premier" customer I currently have $150 off for a phone upgrade.

So here is my question. Hypothetically let's say after the various rebates--instant and mail in--they price the Pre at $199. When I purchase the Pre how does my current $150 upgrade work? Can I apply it to the hypothetical [new] customer price of $199 if I sign a new 2 year agreement so the phone would cost me about $50 or do I take $150 off the full-retail price--let's say that price is $499 so that would cost me $350?

I can't imagine sprint allowing me to apply my $150 upgrade to the new price {$199} if I sign a new agreement. However, that would be awesome.
    150 off retail... $599 or so

cell phone companies (and retailers) make $$ on new user contracts...thats where the (most) commission is.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    When you login in to Sprint.com and hit "Upgrade My Phone", whatever price you see there will reflect your maximum upgrade discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    150 off retail... $599 or so

They better have it for $300 as retail...$599 they must be nuts.

Any truth to your above price? Not using the "giveaway sweepstakes info".

I am/was in for two but......
    Theway it works is the phone would retail for $599... if you are eligiable for your full $150 discount you would get the "new customer" price. So the phone starts out at $599 and you might pay $300 out the door with a $100 mail in rebate, same as a new customer. So when all is said and done, you have paid $200 for the phone.

Ken
    the $150 is off the retail price, but sometimes you can get the new contract price of the phone. when I got the Instinct I asked at one store and was told only 150 off the retail, but I went to another store and all i paid was the 129 price everyone else was getting from buying it new.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Theway it works is the phone would retail for $599... if you are eligiable for your full $150 discount you would get the "new customer" price. So the phone starts out at $599 and you might pay $300 out the door with a $100 mail in rebate, same as a new customer. So when all is said and done, you have paid $200 for the phone.

Ken

This.
    What if there is NO rebate for the Pre and the new customer price is $199 then how much will current customers pay if they can get a $150 upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    What if there is NO rebate for the Pre and the new customer price is $199 then how much will current customers pay if they can get a $150 upgrade?
    Then there isn't a rebate and you pay more. We don't know specifics so don't expect any.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post

Ken
    WTF? that's some fuzzy math, ken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    WTF? that's some fuzzy math, ken.
    i think he's saying you get the new customer deal instead of applying the 150 discount. math seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    i think he's saying you get the new customer deal instead of applying the 150 discount. math seems fine.
    so BASICALLY he's saying that you pay the LESSER OF -$150 OR the new customer price? the LESSER OF verbiage would have helped in the communication.
    Hey guys,

When I went down in uniform a few weeks ago to get put on the waitin list I asked this question as well.

I have the same plan, and i have the 150 in credit.

She told me, (remember shes speaking to an officer now), that my pricing would be the exact same as a new customer. I would not pay a dime more than whatever joe blow paid just walking in from switching to att and buying the pre.

So whatever the new price is for new customers, $100-200, is what I personally will pay.
    New Customer Price:
    List Price $549.99
    Instant Savings -$150.00
    Mail In Rebate -$200.00
    -------------------------
    New Price $199.00

Current Customer Price:

List Price $549.99
    Credit for New Phone -$150.00
    Mail In Rebate -$200.00
    New Price $199.00

For Current customers you have to sign up for a New 2 Year Agreement when buying the new phone to get the $199.99 Price. So you probably have to come in with $400.00 + Taxes when you pick up your phone and then send in the rebate and wait for your $200 rebate check in 9 to 12 weeks.
    Last edited by sbrad425; 05/18/2009 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    New Customer Price:
    List Price $549.99
    Instant Savings -$150.00
    Mail In Rebate -$200.00
    New Price $199.00

Current Customer Price:

List Price $549.99
    Mail In Rebate -$200.00
    New Price $199.00

For Current customers you have to sign up for a New 2 Year Agreement when buying the new phone to get the $199.99 Price. So you probably have to come in with $400.00 + Taxes when you pick up your phone and then send in the rebate and wait for your $200 rebate check in 9 to 12 weeks.
    Alternatively, just go to Best Buy, and get the rebate instantly and walk out the door with the phone for 199 plus taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    New Customer Price:
    List Price $549.99
    Instant Savings -$150.00
    Mail In Rebate -$200.00
    New Price $199.00

Current Customer Price:

List Price $549.99
    Mail In Rebate -$200.00
    New Price $199.00

The Treo PRO is priced as follows:
    List Price: $549.99
    Instant Savings: -$250.00
    Mail-in Rebate: -$100.00
    New Price: $199.99

I think the Pre will be more along the lines of what Sprint offers with the Treo PRO, meaning $299.99+ Tax out the door with 9-12 week wait period for Mail-in Rebate
    Rebate is typically for NEW ACTIVATIONS only...not for upgraders

So again, like my previous post, it will be $150 off $599 retail.

I spoke with multiple Sprint reps about upgrading my current service, and I specifically asked if I could get a Pre at the 2-yr contract price, and the answer I was given was that I was eligible for the lowest price possible on a new phone. I asked (to confirm) if this was the 2 yr contract price, and they said yes.

Looking at my Best Buy receipt from last June when I bought the Samsaung Instinct...

REG: 599.99

I qualified for a 2-year upgrade $150 discount and my total was that in which a NEW CUSTOMER would pay.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Best Buy and Sprint have different pricing.

w/ Best Buy..there are no mail in rebates. Sprint does.

edit actually, I stand corrected.

upgrade pricing does qualify for mail in rebates.

But like mentione dabove, Best Buy does not deal with Mainl in rebates.. its straight up.

Mail-in Rebates Requirements:
    Take advantage of our Mail-in Rebate offers and save a bundle on your new phone.
    Purchase your phone on Sprint.com or by phone through Sprint Customer Service.
    1 to 2 yr. contract (for new and upgrading customers).
    Last edited by trim81; 05/18/2009 at 02:41 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast