Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Best Buy and Sprint have different pricing.

w/ Best Buy..there are no mail in rebates. Sprint does.
    The Sprint Store was selling the Instinct for the same price. After the mail in rebate, the Sprint Store price would have been the same, $129.99. Which, like I said before, is the same as the new customer price. And unlike your other claim, they were in fact doing mail in rebates for upgrades.

Not sure if this will be the same way for the Pre, but this is what Sprint did with the Instinct.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Basically you'll just pay the 2-yr upgrade price like everyone else would. Most of the time they throw in the $150 anyway for everyone as "instant credit".
    My complaint to Sprint over the years I've been with them is this:

"OK, Mr. Retentions guy, so I have been a loyal Sprint customer for 'x' number of years, I have five lines of service (cuz I do), and that's how I have "earned" my $150.00 phone credit. So, Mr. Retentions guy, tell me, how has that new customer walking in off the street earned HIS $150.00 phone credit???"

They never seem to be able to answer that one. They just say stuff like "well, that's how all the cell phone carriers are doing it now" or some other lame answer.

My point is that a long time loyal customer should be able to get SOMETHING more than the guy coming of off the street. Oh well, whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    My complaint to Sprint over the years I've been with them is this:

"OK, Mr. Retentions guy, so I have been a loyal Sprint customer for 'x' number of years, I have five lines of service (cuz I do), and that's how I have "earned" my $150.00 phone credit. So, Mr. Retentions guy, tell me, how has that new customer walking in off the street earned HIS $150.00 phone credit???"

They never seem to be able to answer that one. They just say stuff like "well, that's how all the cell phone carriers are doing it now" or some other lame answer.

My point is that a long time loyal customer should be able to get SOMETHING more than the guy coming of off the street. Oh well, whatever.
    It's a bigger deal to get new subscribers as they know canceling is expensive and tedious. Also, since ALL cell phone companies will treat returning customers poorly in that regard, they know you won't likely switch for that reason either.

Once you sign, they have you.
    The credit you receive is not for the past service from them, but toward the future service (hence the "with two year service agreement" part). So the the fact that your elligible for $150 now means they think they've gotten enough service out of you for the last discount you got.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12