Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, just a real quick question...

I had a Centro, my work stopped supporting PalmOS for work emails, so I needed to get a new phone - I chose the 800w.

Great phone, work email, calendar, etc...everything is great.

However, I am relly beginning to love the Pre, the more I research it, the more I want one.

My work made it clear they support BlackBerry, WinMo, and iPhone for emails/calendar/meetings, etc...

Will Pre?
    Am I getting my hopes up for no reason? If I cannot get work on my phone, why bother having it?
    It works with EAS....its up to your job to choose to train their people on the device.

I would not expect them too at launch to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by UCFgrad05 View Post

I had a Centro, my work stopped supporting PalmOS for work emails, so I needed to get a new phone - I chose the 800w.

However, I am relly beginning to love the Pre, the more I research it, the more I want one.

My work made it clear they support BlackBerry, WinMo, and iPhone for emails/calendar/meetings, etc...

Will Pre?
    Am I getting my hopes up for no reason? If I cannot get work on my phone, why bother having it?
    My guess is you'll have to wait a few months. Depending on your company they'll likely have to run some tests for security purposes, see the popularity of the new Palm line-up and see if it's worth training their support staff on this device and whether there's a demand to add it to their line-up of phones they support. It took my company a year and 6 months to add the iPhone to our line-up and even still they only allow it for SVPs and above. Find out how quickly they adopt software upgrades to their approved devices list (if they even have one). Also ask your IT rep who should be able to at least direct you to the right person. I'm expecting at least 6 months for me to get this to work on my corporate line. Good luck!

Will Pre?
    what email services are you connecting to at work? Centro, 800w, and Pre all support MSFT EAS, POP3, and IMAP.

Will Pre?
    How are they supporting these sets... EAS, BES, Good?

As far as EAS, if it's available, it should work on the Pre, regardless of what your IT 'gurus' state about supporting certain phones...
    Hell, unless you want them to pay for the phone, i'd just set up EAS sync myself.

Will Pre?
    Without knowing what solution they are using, it's hard to say. However, the iPhone probalby uses ActiveSync. That means that their solution very well could support the Pre, if not at release, then soon after.