Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Last edited by TomD; 05/17/2009 at 09:54 AM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Thread title is misleading, they're not launching on Tuesday, they're merely (and alledgedly) announcing a launch date on Tuesday.
    We don't know a lot about driving cars really fast, but we do know one thing: this guy sure does seem excited about the prospect of a touchscreen-driven, QWERTY-equipped slider smartphone with webOS, from struggling handset manufacturer Palm. Apparently at some point during the race somebody from Sprint confirmed that they'll be outing a launch date in the "next couple of days." We like the sound of that.
    I'm sorry, I don't see any confirmation there, let alone a Tuesday.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Couple of days = 2 to 3 right? And that would be Tuesday
    Looks more like an ad for Office Depot selling the Pre
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I'm sure being as anxious as the OP could be the OP read too much into the Engadget article. The article says Sprint would out a release date in a "couple of days" and of course the OP immediately assumes "couple" means two so two days from now is concluded to be Tuesday. I still think he or she should change his title since all these dates are still based on rumors.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Couple of days is too ambiguous (imo) to be considered 'confirmation.' Couple of days could be Monday (the race was Saturday night), it could be Wednesday or Thursday. We don't even have a transcript or video of this supposed Sprint rep talking. Hell, we had people here watching the race and none of them commented about it.
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 05/17/2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Saturday night, not Tuesday night.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Couple of days is too ambiguous (imo) to be considered 'confirmation.' Couple of days could be Monday (the race was Tuesday night), it could be Wednesday or Thursday.
    You mean Saturday night. And if they do announce a release date in a few days will they be announcing the Touchstone Charger price/release also?
    You mean Saturday night. And if they do announce a release date in a few days will they be announcing the Touchstone Charger price/release also?
    Yeah, Saturday.
    *curses at the space time continuum*

Maybe. At this point, I've just about given up trying to predict what Palm or Sprint are going to do.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Maybe. At this point, I've just about given up trying to predict what Palm or Sprint are going to do.
    I second that!
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I second the I second that.
    so he released the date of the date that the release date will be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    so he released the date of the date that the release date will be released?
    Yeah, something like that.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Thread title is misleading, they're not launching on Tuesday, they're merely (and alledgedly) announcing a launch date on Tuesday.
    Sorry, I noticed that after I hit the Button.
    Tom
    You can still edit your thread's title.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    You can still edit your thread's title.
    That is something good to know.

Got a link?

Edit:
    Found it!

Huumm, Changes the title in first post in the thread, but leaves it the same in the forum list.
    Tom
    how does the race fit into Mr. Ski Mask's 61.5 hours that he gave palm to announce the date for the release date?
    Well, actually, "couple" = 2. If you doubt that and would like verification, and if you're married or involved, then ask your significant other how they define the term. Put another way, if "couple" = 2 to 3, then the French would never have come up with the phrase "manage a trois."

So, by the laws of random rumors, the announcement of a launch date MUST be happening on Tuesday.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I think I read somewhere that Wednesday was the day for the release date? Doesn't much matter, it's all speculation, and only a date, no big deal. I'll just keep an eye out on Tuesday/Wednesday, but I wouldn't be taking off work either.
    nothing new here folks ... move along
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast