Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    You can still edit your thread's title.
    Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    That is something good to know.

Got a link?

Edit:
    Found it!

Huumm, Changes the title in first post in the thread, but leaves it the same in the forum list.
    Bingo.

Btw, I don't see what the big deal is about the "Tuesday" thing. A couple of days is still a couple of days, which is a big deal (and no one seems to be questioning the validity of the "couple of days" part).

Also, the thread title was worded in a way that leads me to believe the OP was not deliberately misleading.

Looks like I'm not the only one who got ornery from the lack of Pre-ness.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

Btw, I don't see what the big deal is about the "Tuesday" thing. A couple of days is still a couple of days, which is a big deal (and no one seems to be questioning the validity of the "couple of days" part).

Also, the thread title was worded in a way that leads me to believe the OP was not deliberately misleading.

Looks like I'm not the only one who got ornery from the lack of Pre-ness.
    Coincides with the rumored WSJ announcement.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Couple of days = 2 to 3 right? And that would be Tuesday
    a "couple" is always two. i think the person probably should have used "a few" instead to provide more ambiguity.
    From the engadget comments:

Yo dawg, I'm going to announce the date that I'm going to announce the release date, so you can wait while you wait?
    Sorry, I a sucker for applicable internet memes.
    I know a couple is 2 but if the person from the Race (Saturday) said 'next couple of days' then it would be on Monday so I said 2-3.
    They could always do a formal press announcement on Monday and then the paper's pick it up for Tuesday morning to run with...
    I got it easy on Tuesday, I work at a site thats part of News Corp so WSJ's are all over the place.
    With how Sprint has this whole "Now" network advertising going on, here's to hoping that when announcing the release date, they say "the release date is... NOW".
    The masked frickin ferret has spoken. Let there be no further inquiries or investigations about the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Coincides with the rumored WSJ announcement.
    And they will be advertising a FREE pre with contract at sprint.

Imagine the pandemonium!
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    With how Sprint has this whole "Now" network advertising going on, here's to hoping that when announcing the release date, they say "the release date is... NOW".
    That's so awesome! I really hope that's the case, that on Tuesday there's a story in the WSJ that the release date is...NOW. That would be so effing cool.

I like the way you think, and it makes perfect sense. Doubt they'd do it, but it would be great.
    this is no confirmation for a Tuesday....

misleading title. change it buddy
    Except they obviously have no issues with a sign that says "Palm Pre - Coming Soon, only on the NOW network". So I don't think they'll have problems setting a date that is not "NOW".
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    From the engadget comments:

Sorry, I a sucker for applicable internet memes.
    Engadget comments are always fun to read.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    nothing new here folks ... move along

Agreed..
    Can this thread be renamed?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I got it easy on Tuesday, I work at a site thats part of News Corp so WSJ's are all over the place.
    hopefully the information will hit the web simultaneously or even early. waiting around for a newspaper is so..........1994.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Except they obviously have no issues with a sign that says "Palm Pre - Coming Soon, only on the NOW network". So I don't think they'll have problems setting a date that is not "NOW".
    Correct...no one was saying the "NOW" made it a problem, just that it would be cool if it was used so literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    this is no confirmation for a Tuesday....

misleading title. change it buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Can this thread be renamed?
    Not by regular forum members, like us. Nope.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Palm please announce the release date. People here are getting uneasy. Puh-leeeeeeeease.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast