Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yes - they cut my lawn, deliver my newspaper, and bag my groceries.
    I'd wager they're doing far more 'important' things than that. How often among the supposedly enlightened on the interwebs do you see basic grammar confusion with 'your' and 'you're'?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I'd wager they're doing far more 'important' things than that.
    Not if they "forget most of what they learned in school before they even graduate", I'd wager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Not if they "forget most of what they learned in school before they even graduate", I'd wager.
    Ask the average police officer who the 13th president was. Ask them which president served the shortest term. I already gave you a basic grammar example.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    Wow, so i wasnt wrong. I thought i saw it, but assumed i was too drunk to be right when i posted it haha. I found myself to be an insufferable addict to pre, enough to watch nascar. Had to drink to get through it haha
    That's the point. If you sit inside a Nascar track drinking beer from a can for 10 hours straight, an accent becomes a long vowel mark. Also, driving becomes a sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhody View Post
    that's the point. If you sit inside a nascar track drinking beer from a can for 10 hours straight, an accent becomes a long vowel mark. Also, driving becomes a crime.
    fyp.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    So, how does one make those specific vowel markings??

(Love to learn)
    Windows Character Map is your friend (Start -> Run -> Charmap) = ē
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    That's the point. If you sit inside a Nascar track drinking beer from a can for 10 hours straight, an accent becomes a long vowel mark. Also, driving becomes a sport.
    Wouldn't the beer be pretty flat after 10 hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wouldn't the beer be pretty flat after 10 hours?
    I think that 'a can' did not refer to a single can, but the delivery method in general. Obviously a single beer in an open can over 10 hours would be pretty flat.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123