Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    How's this?
    id be amazed if it is not out within a couple weeks
    A couple of weeks! Geez, I would hope so.
    Here's another.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
  6.    #46  
    I guess no TV ads until they announce the release date in maybe the WSJ this Tuesday.
    One more...
    Definitely a ton of product placement...now how about some cool TV commercials!
  9.    #49  
    I guess they want to control how they announce the date. Like they wouldnt just start showing Pre ads with the release date mentioned in it before they make an event out of it first.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    enough foreplay...IT'S TIME FOR OUR HAPPY ENDING
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Definitely a ton of product placement...now how about some cool TV commercials!
    you should get one of those big Pres for the roof of the Z. sweeeet.

Great pics, though the one with the Pre on the roof looks (but it's not) Photoshopped.

Hey, anyone wants to play "caption this picture" game?

"Tony Stewart celebrates his exclusive new Palm Pre before launch, says "nyah nyah, b*tches!"
    I have a great idea. Why not put the same Pre thing that is on the race car on taxis? Anyone like the idea? I have a example attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Soorma; 05/16/2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Attachment
    "hey jethro - whatdya suppose that big thing's doin' on top of that there race car? is that some kinda new fangled gadget?"

IMO, the only reason Sprint did this was because they already had the deal with NASCAR so incrementally, it probably didn't cost them that much because they were already the major sponsor. but aside from that - this is the wrong target market, the wrong audience for the PRE. you don't try to sell Morton's to the Denny's crowd.
    Last edited by Gekko; 05/17/2009 at 08:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I think your stereotyping is wrong. You would be suprised at the type of fans that go to Nascar races. I will be getting a Pre, I like Nascar, and went to the All-Star Race last year. The head of our IT dept goes to at least 2 races a year. I have a couple of friends that love Nascar, and I believe they will be looking at this phone also. Everyone thinks Nascar is a bunch of rednecks, but it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    "hey jethro - whatdya suppose that big thing's doin' on top of that there race car? is that some kinda new fangled gadget?"

IMO, the only reason Sprint did this was because they already had the deal with NASCAR so incrementally, it probably didn't cost them that much because they were already the major sponsor. but aside from that - this is the wrong target market, the wrong audience for the PRE. you don't try to sell Morton's to the Denny's crowd.
    Palm/Sprint what people with disposable income (as does every company). Clearly, because theses people have paid to watch the race in person, or are paying to watch it on cable, they must have disposable income of some variety. As Palm said at the CES unveiling, they're looking to expand the smartphone market with the Pre, and that means exploring untapped customer bases.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright

haha still on it I see.
    Wow. I love how you back up your stereotype with a commercial for a movie that is obviously meant to be exaggerated and over-the-top. You just lost an credit you might have had.
    Go Ricky Bobby!!!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast