Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Does anyone think it's possible to put Android on the Pre? I don't know very much about programming but I just thought since WebOS is based on linux and Android is based on linux, that it would be possible.
    It may be possible, but would you want to? That's the real question. Kudos on your use of search.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I love my Pre but I've also taken interest in the Hero. With all the knowledge on this forum I think someone could figure it out.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    any news on this??
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    It may be possible, but would you want to? That's the real question. Kudos on your use of search.
    I know this was attempted on windows mobile and its still being looked at. I would say the main reasons anyone would want to do this is if they are stuck with a piece of hardware for 12-18 months and they are unhappy with the software then being able to flash other types would be a real win. Also there are some features the androids have that palm dont and vice versa.

Personally I love the webOS but each to their own
    Would be nice as a dual boot option
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xberserker View Post
    Would be nice as a dual boot option
    Yes it would be!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    exactly its not about doing it and replacing webOS its about being able to say it can be done and learning from the processes
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.

-intro.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Palm Web OS is really threatened, and soon, by Android. Android's coming into its own now with lots of phones starting to hit the market (try the Droid- it is outstanding and superior to the Pre in many ways). Palm really risks quickly getting quickly marginalized as the smartphone market boils down to Apple and Android. Everything else (e.g., Palm) will get lost in the noise. I think more competition is better, but I really unfortunately really think Palm is headed for oblivion in a year or so.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    anyone like to work on this with me?
    --

-intro.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Wait till more appealing handsets come out, such as the Samsung I7500 with 5MP cam, 3.2" AMOLED screen, 8GB Mem, MicroSD, and a huge 1500mAh battery.
    I'm going to keep repeating this every time I see it mentioned: I really hope that Palm doesn't stick an OLED screen on the successor to the Pre. One of the best things about the Pre is how nice the screen looks in full sunlight; one of the worst things about OLED is how horrible it looks in full sunlight. I do not understand the trend toward sticking those things in mobile devices that are naturally used outside, but I would hate to see Palm following the trend on this one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    link doesn't work for me
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    link doesn't work for me
    You do realize the first post is from 8 months ago?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12