Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's the link: Palm Pre battery life will knock your socks off! | Palm webOS Blog

Seems like we got ourselves a winner!
    forget the battery, Sassy Lina is so fine.
    I hope it is true, if there is a third thing in this life (other then money and good friends) that it is impossible to have enough of, it is battery life!
    Under clocking the processor when it is not needed is a great way to save on juice. Glad they got it figured out. Should be a nice selling point.
    pretty exciting, as i just had an intense conversation with a hard headed friend about no phone having the capabilities to multitask as the pre claims to do without killing major battery life. (he such an APPL tool)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Here's the link: Palm Pre battery life will knock your socks off! | Palm webOS Blog

Seems like we got ourselves a winner!
    Did anybody here actually read this link? It refers back to an old post that said the following........

“Palm Pre battery is very solid. Full day no problem with lots to spare”

Is a full day that good? I would hope any phone would deliver that.
    You would be surprised at how many phones cannot get through a full day of moderate use, Apple Iphone 3G being one of them.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Did anybody here actually read this link? It refers back to an old post that said the following........

“Palm Pre battery is very solid. Full day no problem with lots to spare”

Is a full day that good? I would hope any phone would deliver that.
    I tried looking for his tweet on Twitter but his posts are blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    You would be surprised at how many phones cannot get through a full day of moderate use, Apple Iphone 3G being one of them.
    Strange, I get more than 1 day of use on mine. I guess I am just lucky

I had a blackberry Storm that got about 6 hours though.
    I have had many Treo's that only get a day. My 3G does not get a day, it is the worst. The G1 does if it is not used too much.
    I get almost 2 days out of my iPhone 3G and I consider myself a heavy user. I do turn it off at night though.

The G1 has awful battery life. I used on for about a week and you could watch the battery indicator decreasing when it was just sitting idle.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Hurray!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Strange, I get more than 1 day of use on mine. I guess I am just lucky

I had a blackberry Storm that got about 6 hours though.
    It isnt luck, just an example of how peoples ideas of 'normal use' differ.

For my use (30-45 min calls, 45 min web browsing, 1 hour music, ~25 emails, ~100 SMS, 15 minutes of Google Maps use and 30 minutes of games/apps use with about 1 hour in the subway and out of service. Wifi on all day, BT off, email checking every 15 min with mobileme sync on) iPhone would barely last me from 730am to 11pm. Which meant on Fridays when I might not be home as early as usual I had a problem. For my use, it was barely acceptable.
    Obviously the Iphone 3g can go a day or much less / more depending on how much you use it. Since everyone's usage is different its a moot point.

Nice to see that the battery thus far for the Pre isn't being reported as terrible despite its size and despite Apple's claim that multitasking would destroy battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Obviously the Iphone 3g can go a day or much less / more depending on how much you use it. Since everyone's usage is different its a moot point.

Nice to see that the battery thus far for the Pre isn't being reported as terrible despite its size and despite Apple's claim that multitasking would destroy battery life.
    Yep! I was worried it would be as bad as the G1! Right from the start we were hearing about battery life issues with that phone. the fact that the Pre is off to a good start is great!
    Keeping "Fetch" active on the iPhone seems to drain my 3G battery terribly. It seems if the data connection is kept active and searching, that's when the battery drains the most.

On the EDGE phone, this didn't happen.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have a old Pearl 8130 that i use just as an alarm clock. with the radio turned off, but the phone always being on, it lasts about 3 weeks. when i was using the phone it lasted about a day and half with moderate use. if i could get 24 hours of battery with moderate/heavy use, i would be extremely satisfied with that. car chargers are your friend. about the iPhone...my gf has one. the battery lasts all day but she doesnt use it as much as i would. but, if you charge the iPhone for 30 mins u can get a few hours out of that, so its not all that bad. we cant have it all, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Keeping "Fetch" active on the iPhone seems to drain my 3G battery terribly. It seems if the data connection is kept active and searching, that's when the battery drains the most.

On the EDGE phone, this didn't happen.
    Does you battery last all day on your Iphone Miss Diva?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    I tried looking for his tweet on Twitter but his posts are blocked.

Its legit because I was the one that first found this guy out and posted the thread we have hear on him. I asked him before everyone knew about him about the battery life. That was his response.

Im still on his twitter friends list but he has nothing new posted.
    Honestly, I really wouldn't get your hopes up yet. My thing is to go into it expecting a little better than Centro-like battery life (which would not last all day with my usage) and if it's better than that, awesome, if not, well I won't be disappointed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast