Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hahaha
    theres a article about the proscessor somewhere about how it should last longer and the reason behind it but is it accurate i dont know but it sounds like they know what there talking about. im gonna try and find it. if someone knows what im talking about post it in here
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiespeck View Post
    theres a article about the proscessor somewhere about how it should last longer and the reason behind it but is it accurate i dont know but it sounds like they know what there talking about. im gonna try and find it. if someone knows what im talking about post it in here
    Sure, the OMAP3430 has great power management, but as I've said many times before, what'll drain the battery quickly is the screen, and the radios (for Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, plus the cell radio.) Sure, they can be optimized in newer revisions, and you can turn GPS and Wifi off when not using them, but there's no miracle cure or anything.
    To illustrate jhoff post:
    Treo 650; intel Xscale 312 MHz, GSM, EDGE only, Bluetooth, battery 1600 mAh, normal use last about 2-3 days. With all radio off, SIM card off, once a day screen on, battery from full charge to flat completely 20 days.
    Atom Life, intel XScale 512MHz, GSM, 3G on, HSDPA capable, battery 1200 mAh, normal use 4 -10 hours. With all radio off, SIM card off, battery full to flat 6 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Just to throw a little cold water on the celebration of the Pre's battery life, lets remember this is a Palm-centric blog. And they don't have one to test. Nobody does. Maybe we should hold off on the unbridled adoration until we get some real-world data?
    There are Pre phones in use and the report was supposedly from somebody using one who claimed a full day's use "with lots to spare". Adequate cause for celebration if true, I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    You would be surprised at how many phones cannot get through a full day of moderate use, Apple Iphone 3G being one of them.
    Treo 680 another. It's not fun to have to worry about where I can get the next charge, where I've stashed all my chargers (one at home, one at one desk at work, one in my car), and whether my juice will hold up while i'm on call in a part of the hospital where I have no charger.
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Treo 680 another. It's not fun to have to worry about where I can get the next charge, where I've stashed all my chargers (one at home, one at one desk at work, one in my car), and whether my juice will hold up while i'm on call in a part of the hospital where I have no charger.
    -- Josh
    Are we still talking about battery here? You sound like a bit of a charge addict
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There are Pre phones in use and the report was supposedly from somebody using one who claimed a full day's use "with lots to spare". Adequate cause for celebration if true, I'd say.
    This is all hear-say so far. No mention of usage, and it's by fanboys that haven't had much real world experience with the device. I want to hear it from folks who really use theirs all day, like steinbej in the post above. Hey, I'm *hopeful* it will kick **** as far as battery life goes, but I'm not ready to cheer for the Pre's battery life just yet. I'm more of a "show me" kind of guy. I'm just sayin'.
    If I use it to listen to podcasts during work, checking my email (work blocks personal emails), browse the web during lunch and breaks, and doing the text message thing, I expect to only get 4-6 hrs before the battery needs replenishing. I have a desk job, but we have many people with both the 2G and 3G iPhone and they ALL use chargers. If you use it like a smartphone like others have said, then youre going to deplete the battery.

Case in point...my 700p is on the charger now. And I have one in the car just in case.
    I have chargers in the three places I spend the most of my time (work, home, car).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123