Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Does you battery last all day on your Iphone Miss Diva?

    Thanks
    It drains a whole lot less with "fetch" set to manual, meaning I get email only when I manually check, which sucks but it saves battery life tremendously. It does last better all day now.


    It lasted before too, but barely. With "fetch" turned on, it drained by about 60% with just that on alone. Add iPod and web browsing and I had to charge by the evening.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #22  
    If you are all over the internet (3g), get a few phone calls, and get exchange push e-mail, the iphone lasts from 4 - 5 hours, period.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    If you are all over the internet (3g), get a few phone calls, and get exchange push e-mail, the iphone lasts from 4 - 5 hours, period.
    I think you have a defective iPhone. I do all of the things and my battery lasts far longer. I do keep wifi and gps off most of the time though.
  4. #24  
    Are your settings on maximum? Another way to drain the battery is to set the screen on high brightness, and also to turn off very slowly or never.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #25  
    if the Pre is pushing and pulling and multitasking and synergizing and active live carding all day automagically to the cloud with a bright high resolution screen and a superfast processor, how will that tiny battery last very long?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cabezza View Post
    forget the battery, Sassy Lina is so fine.
    try to control yourself.
  7. #27  
    My Treo Pro BARELY makes a 6:30am - 6PM work day without being charged for an hour on my lunch break, and on the car charger on the way home. With the screen turned down to the point that I have to cup my hand to see it while I am working (outside), email set to every 30 mins instead of 15, and the weather plug in turned off, I can go home with about 25-30% left at the end of the day. If I can get the same battery life my Centro had, or even just a little bit better than this Pro, I will be happy.

    Shame too, I really like this Pro. I wasn't even planning on switching, but battery life is kind of rough, and Microsoft sucks
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    My Treo Pro BARELY makes a 6:30am - 6PM work day without being charged for an hour on my lunch break, and on the car charger on the way home. With the screen turned down to the point that I have to cup my hand to see it while I am working (outside), email set to every 30 mins instead of 15, and the weather plug in turned off, I can go home with about 25-30% left at the end of the day. If I can get the same battery life my Centro had, or even just a little bit better than this Pro, I will be happy.

    Shame too, I really like this Pro. I wasn't even planning on switching, but battery life is kind of rough, and Microsoft sucks
    Honestly, something doesn't sound right there. The Treo Pro has a battery nearly twice the size of the Centro, and WM tends to have slightly better power management as well. Are you sure you're not just using it more because it's a new device?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Here's the link: Palm Pre battery life will knock your socks off! | Palm webOS Blog

    Seems like we got ourselves a winner!
    Thanks for the post! :-)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Honestly, something doesn't sound right there. The Treo Pro has a battery nearly twice the size of the Centro, and WM tends to have slightly better power management as well. Are you sure you're not just using it more because it's a new device?
    Remember, WM leaves stuff running in the background. He may need to check the task manager and shut down what's running when not needed. Also invest in MemMaid, the memory manager. SK Tools was good too, although I don't know if it works on 6.1.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    If you are all over the internet (3g), get a few phone calls, and get exchange push e-mail, the iphone lasts from 4 - 5 hours, period.
    I got 5-6 hours with only yahoo being pushed, couple of phone calls, web surfing, and some fiddling with a couple of apps. No wifi/bluetooth at all, with plenty of 3G service.
  12. #32  
    Woohoo!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13. #33  
    I was at a Sprint store today and talked to the Pre Advocate, I asked him about the battery life amongst other things and he stated "Its Great, it last all day long with heavy use, like making phone calls, surfing the web, checking email, etc... I have a Touch Pro and the Pre kills my Touch Pro when it comes to the battery. I'm very pleased with it." He stated that he's been playing with it for a few days now, and its a great device.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Honestly, something doesn't sound right there. The Treo Pro has a battery nearly twice the size of the Centro, and WM tends to have slightly better power management as well. Are you sure you're not just using it more because it's a new device?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Remember, WM leaves stuff running in the background. He may need to check the task manager and shut down what's running when not needed. Also invest in MemMaid, the memory manager. SK Tools was good too, although I don't know if it works on 6.1.
    I keep the normal "HTC Task Manager" clear of everything, short of the ActiveSync that can't turn off. The Centro battery is a 1150mah (as we all know, same as Pre), the Pro's is a 1500mha stock. I did just do a hard reset yesterday, and the Pro seems to be doing a little better with a few choice programs disabled. I got about 40% left under the same use as the 25-30%, and I let it go about 2 extra hours before I finished the test. It's not HORRIBLE, but it's not ideal either. If I am not around a wall charger or a car charger for longer than 4 hours or so, I definitely limit my phone use to "necessary" only (IE. Email, phone, SMS), and leave the extraneous stuff for later. I won't even bother turning on Navigation or WiFi without a charger near by. The Pro uses about 10% battery life per 10 minutes under WiFi (max performance, anything less and WiFi won't work).
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Did anybody here actually read this link? It refers back to an old post that said the following........

    “Palm Pre battery is very solid. Full day no problem with lots to spare”

    Is a full day that good? I would hope any phone would deliver that.
    The G1 can't make it through a full day, especially if you, you know, use it. The iPhone's battery requires charging everyday with some people saying it doesn't make it through the day and others saying it does. For these new smart phones, you should expect to have to charge every night. As long as it makes it through the day, I'm fine. I'm pretty sure most people are passed expecting 3 days from new 3G smartphones.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The G1 can't make it through a full day, especially if you, you know, use it. The iPhone's battery requires charging everyday with some people saying it doesn't make it through the day and others saying it does. For these new smart phones, you should expect to have to charge every night. As long as it makes it through the day, I'm fine. I'm pretty sure most people are passed expecting 3 days from new 3G smartphones.
    That's how I feel. Any decent smartphone will need a charge when used as a smartphone, battery tech just isn't up to date yet. As long as I can use it as a smartphone for a solid 12 hours, and have a little room to spare, I will be happy. Tossing it on a car charger for 30 minutes, and getting a little extra life for the bar on fridays etc. would be an added bonus.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Did anybody here actually read this link? It refers back to an old post that said the following........

    “Palm Pre battery is very solid. Full day no problem with lots to spare”

    Is a full day that good? I would hope any phone would deliver that.
    Apparently you haven't used an iPhone then.
  18. #38  
    Just to throw a little cold water on the celebration of the Pre's battery life, lets remember this is a Palm-centric blog. And they don't have one to test. Nobody does. Maybe we should hold off on the unbridled adoration until we get some real-world data?
  19. #39  
    if the Pre is pushing and pulling and multitasking and synergizing and active live carding all day automagically to the cloud with a bright high resolution screen and a superfast processor, how will that tiny battery last very long?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    if the Pre is pushing and pulling and multitasking and synergizing and active live carding all day automagically to the cloud with a bright high resolution screen and a superfast processor, how will that tiny battery last very long?
    Someone's getting a little repetitive. Sorta like the Ricky Bobby thing...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions