Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yes, it is fake. The Pre will not use the Sprint music store. It will use the Amazon one.
    Looks like the quick feature list is a copy of the Treo 850.

It doesn't even show up through my employer Premier site.

Edit: EXIF data on the image shows that it was edited using Paint.NET
    Follow Me On

Yeah, pretty easy to tell. The lines on the Pre aren't smooth at all. Not a bad job though.
    You'd think the person faking this picture would realize that the Pre won't have the Sprint Music Store.
    Yeah, that's what I thought right away....they already announced that the Pre won't use the Sprint Music store at all. So, that is false.

Also, I cannot see them going with a mail in rebate for the Pre. They'll probably go the distance and just make it all instant, they know this phone's price is really important to get right.

Also, that pic of the Pre is a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Yes, it is fake. The Pre will not use the Sprint music store. It will use the Amazon one.
    Looks like the quick feature list is a copy of the Treo 850.

It doesn't even show up through my employer Premier site.

Edit: EXIF data on the image shows that it was edited using Paint.NET
    Another thing too is, I don't think they would have a picture of the keyboard showing. Every picture is a dead on straight shot of the phone. Never any angle shots with any keyboards or flips opened.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You'd think the person faking this picture would realize that the Pre won't have the Sprint Music Store.
    He has a twitter account, I say let's "stick it to the man"
    Sprint - Define Region

The link that the Pre will most likely be at when it's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Another thing too is, I don't think they would have a picture of the keyboard showing. Every picture is a dead on straight shot of the phone. Never any angle shots with any keyboards or flips opened.
    Well, They have the Rumor(2) with the keyboard open. But again, I doubt they will do that with the pre. Touch Pro isn't like that.
    Definitely fake. Besides the Paint reference, it was a poor cut out job of the phone (pixels on left side of phone)
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I thought the Pre was going to have access to both Sprint Music and Amazon. I'm almost positive that it was mentioned in a video or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post
    I thought the Pre was going to have access to both Sprint Music and Amazon. I'm almost positive that it was mentioned in a video or two.
    Nope, just Amazon Music Store (which is better anyway.)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i hope douchebags don't make these pranks/fakes common. it's bad enough with have to deal with the wait and abundance of rumors.
    Get this, the asshat who made this, added me on Twitter, just because I messaged him telling him is stupid photo was fake and his info was flawed.
    Twitterwhore.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Get this, the asshat who made this, added me on Twitter, just because I messaged him telling him is stupid photo was fake and his info was flawed.
    hey maybe he'll add you as a friend on FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by nm08srt8 View Post
    get this, the asshat who made this, added me on twitter, just because i messaged him telling him is stupid photo was fake and his info was flawed.
    omgorz!!!!!1!1!!!
    It may be a fake, I am not saying it isn't (certainly looks it to me) but MS Paint is by no means a dead giveaway. The easiest way to take a screen shot, especially if you are say on a work computer with no screen shot programs, is to hit PrintScrn than open MS Paint and paste....
    True. But even the name "Palm Pre" is different. Look at how it is italicized & a different font than the rest of the phones.

Also, Paint.NET is a different program than MS Paint
    Follow Me On

Paint.Net is a free photoshop clone. Not MS Paint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast