1.    #1  
    The phones seem to be out there in some hands. This can't be hard to test.

If you have access to a Pre or know a friend that has one, can you have them test this? If it works out of the box it's a big plus for the Pre on day 1.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    It works fine on my Palm Pre. I'll have some video posted up later today to show you that it is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    It works fine on my Palm Pre. I'll have some video posted up later today to show you that it is working.
    LIES
    I love lolcats
    I'm not
  5.    #5  
    Don't be messing with us. There have been enough joke posts on the forum the past couple weeks as it is...
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    If it is a joke it was so deadpan that I love it.

If it is true, I am happy we finally have someone to answer our questions!

Either way:
    ha ha?
    i don't think sling has an app yet for webos...and unless the Pre comes with flash support out of the box i don't think you could use your browser instead..
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    i don't think sling has an app yet for webos...and unless the Pre comes with flash support out of the box i don't think you could use your browser instead..
    This is about running Slingplayer for Palm OS under classic in webOS.
    i got it too and it works! i also got crysis on it..
    Quote Originally Posted by PreActive View Post
    Oh now your just braging
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreActive View Post
    But can it play Doom?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Classic is a paid app, I don't think it would come with Classic installed, especially a demo. People were trying to get into the App Catalog and there was nothing to try out.

We're gonna have to wait for somebody to get Classic and try it.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too am wondering...however, as I recall, the Slingplayer for Palm OS application is tied to the Device ID of the Palm device, NOT the hotsync ID. So, unless there is a way to mimic this in the Classic app, I am not sure it would even start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Classic is a paid app, I don't think it would come with Classic installed, especially a demo. People were trying to get into the App Catalog and there was nothing to try out.

We're gonna have to wait for somebody to get Classic and try it.
    So the other two guys on here who just claimed they had it running were full of it? The fires of Hades aren't hot enough for their lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    So the other two guys on here who just claimed they had it running were full of it? The fires of Hades aren't hot enough for their lies.
    Ooo - you're a quick one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Ooo - you're a quick one!
    Yeah, he got me, just more of a faith in humanity I suppose.

In all seriousness, to make false claims on the Pre right now isn't something I'm really looking for right now on these boards. This would be one of my top technical questions as well so I'm looking forward to hearing some news on it.