Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the Pre will come with visual voicemail?
    No, nobody knows. It could happen, since the Instinct on Sprint has had it for a year now, but it's not been confirmed or denied.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It better!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I love it on my instinct! Hopefully they will add it on the pre! Thanks
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I know there is no visual voicemail on the pre.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I know there is no visual voicemail on the pre.
    How do you know for sure? Have you seen all the specs?
    No one knows for sure but I can recall some one that had some hands on experience with the pre said that they had visual voice mail on it. I will look for the story again and post the link up here.
    I had asked about how the Pre was as a phone, and one of my questions was about the Pre and visual voice mail. Here is the link that was given about someone who had played with the Pre and said it had it. Here is the link to that page.

Playing with a Pre tonight - Page 2 - Palm Pre Forums

Again, it is still not confirmed yet, so we will have to see when it comes out
    As someone who hates voicemail, visual or otherwise, I'm hoping that Sprint and Google will make a surprise announcement of a carrier-labeled Google Voice account, allowing voicemail transcription without needing to forward the call to a different line. Carrier-side voicemail transcription would be way more useful than VVM. But I do expect the Pre to have VVM out of the box.

Another thing that would be really exciting to see is an implementation of the autoresponder feature hinted at in Palm call filter patent application:
    If the mobile phone blocks the incoming phone call, it may transmit a message to the caller suggesting a time for the caller to make the phone call again.
    Then I could get rid of voicemail altogether.
    I hope that it has VVM, it's a deal breaker for me. Of course, it is obvious that they had the iphone in the crosshairs when they designed this phone so I would be shocked if it didn't have it.
    This was the post i was talking about even though it has not been confirmed I am more than sure they will have it due to the fact that they are focusing on the iphone so if it doesn't it isn't a deal breaker for me but i would love to see it come with the phone.

http://www.everythingpre.com/forum/p...t-18286-2.html

Thanks to dfine1966
    Last edited by BigB504; 05/16/2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: made a change
    Even if it doesn't come as a native app can't devs make apps for Visual Voicemail? There's a Visual Voicemail app on Android's marketplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Even if it doesn't come as a native app can't devs make apps for Visual Voicemail? There's a Visual Voicemail app on Android's marketplace.
    That's dependent upon whether the Mojo SDK comes with the APIs needed to access things like voicemail.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    That's dependent upon whether the Mojo SDK comes with the APIs needed to access things like voicemail.
    The Android ones work through the network, you just forward to a phone number and it handles the rest. It's through call forwarding, so do APIs still matter?
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Any updates on this? I hate not having visual voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I had asked about how the Pre was as a phone, and one of my questions was about the Pre and visual voice mail. Here is the link that was given about someone who had played with the Pre and said it had it. Here is the link to that page.

Playing with a Pre tonight - Page 2 - Palm Pre Forums

Again, it is still not confirmed yet, so we will have to see when it comes out
    Youtube wasn't working, neither was visual voicemail. Which isn't working for this, but it does have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    As someone who hates voicemail, visual or otherwise, I'm hoping that Sprint and Google will make a surprise announcement of a carrier-labeled Google Voice account, allowing voicemail transcription without needing to forward the call to a different line. Carrier-side voicemail transcription would be way more useful than VVM. But I do expect the Pre to have VVM out of the box.

Another thing that would be really exciting to see is an implementation of the autoresponder feature hinted at in Palm call filter patent application:Then I could get rid of voicemail altogether.
    so you want to read your vm? funny, some people want to listen to their email. isn't that ironic?
  18. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Thanks Gekko.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I hate the process of voicemail...it would be so nice just get a text with what the person said. I don't leave messages anymore...I send a text or email if no one answers...voicemail is OLD SCHOOL
    Phone Fusion people