Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Here's a good comparison

The wife and I pay T-Mobile $132 a month (total bill including tax) for 700 minutes, unlimited Data and unlimited Texting & MMS. The same plan through ATT is $169 before tax.
    My better half and I have the cheapest "simply everything family plan" through sprint (limited minutes, with unlimited everything else, I believe 1500 minutes). I think we pay $170 something a month after all the BS fees, taxes etc.

EDIT: I should mention we both have insurance on both of our phones. Sprint has 2 insurance policies, $4 and $7. The $4 is just basic garbage coverage that should be free, and the $7 is "everything goes" total equipment coverage. You have to have the $4 to get the "everything" $7 coverage, so our bill is around $155 after BS fees and taxes, than $22 for insurance on two phones.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    I really love the looks of the Pre, but my Sprint service in my area is not good. Will you be able to buy a Pre and use it for AT&T or other carriers??
    Not for now, the initial release of the Pre will be on Sprint, and it will be a CDMA phone. In a few months expect a GSM version which can be used on carriers that support GSM (AT&T).
    AT&T would never win any battle, they would even lose to T-Mobile.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    wow my plan is better then everyone else i pay 130 a month for 3 lines on everything data and have the $7 insurance on two phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    My better half and I have the cheapest "simply everything family plan" through sprint (limited minutes, with unlimited everything else, I believe 1500 minutes). I think we pay $170 something a month after all the BS fees, taxes etc.

EDIT: I should mention we both have insurance on both of our phones. Sprint has 2 insurance policies, $4 and $7. The $4 is just basic garbage coverage that should be free, and the $7 is "everything goes" total equipment coverage. You have to have the $4 to get the "everything" $7 coverage, so our bill is around $155 after BS fees and taxes, than $22 for insurance on two phones.
    The insurance is $7 total, not $11. There is an option for ESRP which is only $4. The $4 coverage is far from garbage, it basically allows you to go into a sprint store and get your phone repaired for free, and if they can't repair it, they will replace it. Why is this great? Yes, your phone is covered under warranty, but that warranty is from the manufacturer, and not Sprint. If you want your phone replaced under warranty you have to contact them, not Sprint. The ESRP gets rid of that hassle and allows you to have a fixed, or replacement phone almost immediately in most cases. If anything, the $3 dollar add on for the asurion insurance is garbage now that it has a $100 deductible on smart phones instead of the $50 it used to be.

Your total monthly amount sounds about right if you live in an area with expensive taxes, etc, but are you not getting a corporate discount?? I get 23% off my bill from my employer, and I know some places have as much as a 27% discount, maybe check and see if you're eligible for a discount.
    I really love the looks of the Pre, but my Sprint service in my area is not good. Will you be able to buy a Pre and use it for AT&T or other carriers??
    Sprint will be the only carrier having the phone in the US when it first comes out.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    wow my plan is better then everyone else i pay 130 a month for 3 lines on everything data and have the $7 insurance on two phones
    How many minutes you have, though? You said you have "everything data".

Quote Originally Posted by brianse View Post
    ...but are you not getting a corporate discount?? I get 23% off my bill from my employer, and I know some places have as much as a 27% discount, maybe check and see if you're eligible for a discount.
    Listen to this man, for he speaks the truth! Everyone on Sprint should have a discount. Even if you don't want to "embelish" your employment record to justify a discount, just mention you belong to a credit union and you get a discount.
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 05/17/2009 at 02:52 AM.
  8.    #28  
    Another proponent for masking the truth. Some of you people are just pitiful. Sorry, I'm in that increasingly rare camp where honesty and integrity are important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i think the iphone is driving most of their business. without the iphone, AT&T would be hurting. kudos to them for cutting the exclusive deal.
    From what I've heard, the reason they got the iPhone is because they were willing to be man-handled by Apple. Verizon was the initial prospect but turned them down because of the control Apple wanted.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Another proponent for masking the truth. Some of you people are just pitiful. Sorry, I'm in that increasingly rare camp where honesty and integrity are important.
    Except that there are plenty of open credit unions that you could in fact belong to. Also, many people belong to credit unions through their employment. This isn't lying. They guy stated that if you didn't want to lie, then tell them you belong to a credit union... Then you turn around and blast him for honesty?
    In theory, yes on Verizon...

I've gotten Sprint phones to work on Verizon with the help of some cell reprogramming sites I found via Google. This was a few years back though.

Sprint keeps track of the ESN numbers of "Sprint branded" phones and will only allow activation of phones that have one of those numbers, so this isn't a two way street!!! At the time Verizon didn't do this, but they may have changed by now.

All that said, I have NO clue on what reprogramming a Pre would involve. It could be fairly simple like is was when I did Treo 600's, or it could be next to impossible. Just do a little research after it is released...

EDIT: Definitely NO on AT&T, T-Mobile, and any other GSM network, as Sprint (like Verizon) uses CDMA. When the GSM Pre is released overseas you will probably be able to buy one online (for a nice chunk-o-change). Then you can just swap your SIM card and go!
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 05/17/2009 at 12:11 PM.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    How many minutes you have, though? You said you have "everything data".
    Even if you bought a Pre and somehow "reprogrammed" it for Verizon, you would still have to get Verizon to activate it. And they won't activate anything they don't sell. Plus they don't have the data plan needed to use WebOS. How would you access the necessary services?
    [QUOTE=Centro85;1604401]My better half and I have the cheapest "simply everything family plan" through sprint (limited minutes, with unlimited everything else, I believe 1500 minutes). I think we pay $170 something a month after all the BS fees, taxes etc.

That's not a "simply everything" plan, it's an "everything data" plan.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Well, until someone else can compete with their AT&T Wi-Fi Premier service and until Boingo makes a Boingo app for webOS...then there are those of us who have no choice but to consider AT&T Wi-Fi Premier.
    AT&T 3G is definitely pretty fast, and I haven't had too many issues with service in the Seattle area. Their plans are.. less appealing.. though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12