1.    #1  
    I had got the iphone when it first came out and my contract ends on july27. Now if i was to get the PRE in June and wanted to keep my number and not pay the 150 cancel fee for one month what would be my options? any ideas!!!!!
    you answered your own question. buy the Pre and set it up with Sprint. run the Sprint Pre and the AT&T iphone side by side together for a month. then when the AT&T contract is done, take both into the Sprint store and have them port over your AT&T number to Sprint. but make sure the AT&T contract is over first and make sure you let Sprint do the porting.

or you could just wait until August.

Good luck!
    yea, you're going to have to keep your att number on att until july 27 if you want to avoid an ETF. but you can still get the pre right when it comes out, just with a new number for the first month, and then at the end of july, have them switch over your old number
    isn't the ETF on aTT pro rated based on how long till the end of your contract, if that's the case it shouldn't be much for just a month early
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaMart View Post
    isn't the ETF on aTT pro rated based on how long till the end of your contract, if that's the case it shouldn't be much for just a month early
    The proration started last year for NEW contracts only, so if he has the iphone instead of the iphone 3g he will get charged the full ETF. ($175)
    You can get a cheap prepaid and stick the sim in it so you can remove the data and maybe drop your plan lower to save $$ as well.