Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We should start planning some launch meetups. Im figuring the best place to get a Pre on launch day is a corporate store. I live in Chambersburg,Pa so the closest corporate store is Frederick,Md. Once we get a release date (PAAAAAALM!), We should make some plans so we can awkwardly stare at the sprint door together instead of alone.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    lol... that would sound like fun....

that is until we all realize only the first two or three people are getting one...
    Last edited by mrkalel; 05/16/2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: grammer
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Obviously if it's called "Sprint by XXX" it's a franchisee, but if it's just called "Sprint", is it safe to assume that it's corporate owned? The Sprint website doesn't distinguish b/t the two.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Obviously if it's called "Sprint by XXX" it's a franchisee, but if it's just called "Sprint", is it safe to assume that it's corporate owned? The Sprint website doesn't distinguish b/t the two.

Thanks.
    As long as they're not selling any other brands, you can be certain that they are a corporate store.
    I'd be interested in doing this. I live in NYC. There are lots of store in Manhattan.

Sprint Store Locator
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    As long as they're not selling any other brands, you can be certain that they are a corporate store.
    I have a Sprint store 2 miles from my house. The Sign just says Sprint, they wear sprint shirts, only sell sprint products, and are an independent store. The corporate store is about 5 minutes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post

Thanks.
    yes.

"Sprint Store" = Corporate Store

"Sprint Store By XYZ" = Non-Corporate Store

Sprint Store Locator
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I'd be interested in doing this. I live in NYC. There are lots of store in Manhattan.

Sprint Store Locator
    I might be up for it, depending on when it actually launches. UES or E. Village is best for me, but I plan on going where ever the Pres are if I need to.
    "Sprint Store" ≠ Corporate store

There are at least two stores with in 10 mile of me that are "Sprint Stores" with the sign, shirts, exclusive Sprint products, and they are NOT corporate store. They are franchise stores. In my estimation, they only way to know if a store is corporate, is to call and ask point blank. I agree with Centro

Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I have a Sprint store 2 miles from my house. The Sign just says Sprint, they wear sprint shirts, only sell sprint products, and are an independent store. The corporate store is about 5 minutes away.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  10.    #10  
    the only way to know is to ask. there are about 5 stores that look just like corporate stores in my area but arent.
    Usually a corporate sprint store is much bigger than the affiliates.
    usually I can distinguish a corporate store, by going in and seeing that "help desk" that they have back by the inventory room... I've noticed 3rd parties don't usually have repair and such...

But of course, the only way to surely know is to ask.
    I love lolcats
    I'm in Baltimore and there is a real Sprint store down by the Harbor. I will avoid the ones in the malls if I can help it. I probably won't do any meetups because chances are I will just head out and buy it then like most phones, spend the day playing around with it and poking around online for tips and other peoples' opinions. Whenever I get a new smartphone I spend a good few days constantly playing with it regardless. Luckily I am getting one for my girlfriend as well because otherwise she would probably get annoyed at my distraction
    I'm in Center City Philadelphia. There are 2 Sprint stores within 5 or 6 blocks of each other. If anyone wants to meet, let me know. It could be a fun, geeky time. w00t!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Yep, this is definitely fun!
    sooo.... once official date is out, we pick corporate store in major cities and spread the word ??
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    San Antonio...my husband and I will be at the Brooks City Base location on SE Military...it would be awesome to get a group going!
    I'm out on the main line with KofP being the main store in the Philly burbs. I'm getting my Pre through my business rep though and avoiding the masses. It'll arrive on my doorstep two days after they start shipping them from the local warehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post
    I'm in Center City Philadelphia. There are 2 Sprint stores within 5 or 6 blocks of each other. If anyone wants to meet, let me know. It could be a fun, geeky time. w00t!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    From another thread, I thought this was a funny idea:

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Maybe should get everyone lining up outside a Sprint store all wear skimasks..
    So everyone could show up at the meetups in ski masks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast