Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    You can't compare OS X Mobile and OS X for the Macintosh. The kernels are completely different with different power/performance requirements. Sure the kernel is based on OS X, but that's where the similarities end.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  2. #22  
    I was talking mobile. Truthfully, i've never used a Mac. The excitement started and ended for me at an Apple store after spending 5min wondering why the mouse didn't have right click. I'm happy with Windows though.

    But c'mon, your Centro has more features than an iphone. Thing is what the iphone can do it does very well and makes the others pale in comparison (til the Pre of course) and so i don't care. I would argue that the iphone doesn't need to rush to add features if it will compromise the simple user experience or cause problems.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Sorry for the delay was tied up with other things.

    I'm using 3.0 and have been since beta 2. There are some serious issues that are rather spread out with the software that have been popping up here and there since the start.

    The biggest are the lock ups during calls, stuck vibration or ringing, blue tooth still has a lot of issues, random signal drops and no service followed by full bars, home button has gone unresponsive at times, visual voice mail not working etc...

    I believe the random issues and such is what is causing them to pull the Iphone from the June 8th announcement and moving it to later in the month for its own event.
    The problem here is that you posted your opinion as it was a fact. It is not. This years beta seems very similar to last years. I think its foolish to make any type of judgment on release dates based of of your personal beta experience.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I was talking mobile. Truthfully, i've never used a Mac. The excitement started and ended for me at an Apple store after spending 5min wondering why the mouse didn't have right click. I'm happy with Windows though.

    But c'mon, your Centro has more features than an iphone. Thing is what the iphone can do it does very well and makes the others pale in comparison (til the Pre of course) and so i don't care. I would argue that the iphone doesn't need to rush to add features if it will compromise the simple user experience or cause problems.
    More features does not make a better phone. If so, everybody would be using Windows Mobile.

    I think your right about what the iPhone does, it does very well. This is where I think the Pre might have a little problem when it comes to sales. The Pre wont be the best email device (blackberry is), and won't be the best entertainment device (the iPhone is). Now it may be the best of both worlds, but I'm still wondering about this "fat middle".
  5. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #25  
    It seems that the only way to get Apple to add certain features to the iPhone is for a phone that is a real threat, like the Pre, to come out with it.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The problem here is that you posted your opinion as it was a fact. It is not. This years beta seems very similar to last years. I think its foolish to make any type of judgment on release dates based of of your personal beta experience.

    A little less foolish than listening to someone with no experience.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    A little less foolish than listening to someone with no experience.
    Yes, please blow us away with all your "Beta experience". I dont care what you think you know, you know nothing about Apples release schedule. You made a comment that seemed like it implied a fact, when it was entirely opinion. Dont worry, there is a lot of that around here
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    It seems that the only way to get Apple to add certain features to the iPhone is for a phone that is a real threat, like the Pre, to come out with it.
    Define "real threat". Are you talking sales? I'm not sure the Pre will even outsell the Storm. Apple kind of ignored that.

    I do want the Pre to succed, an I will be purchasing one.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Yes, please blow us away with all your "Beta experience". I dont care what you think you know, you know nothing about Apples release schedule. You made a comment that seemed like implied fact, when it was entirely opinion. Dont worry, there is a lot of that around here
    Crucify me then. Jeez I simply said that I feel it is behind schedule given my experience, especially with the report that the Iphone wasn't going to be a topic at wwdc. They have a lot of work left to do on the software, that is all.

    So relax and take a laxative instead of $hitting on everything on this forum for every little reason you can find. You are way to uptight.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Crucify me then. Jeez I simply said that I feel it is behind schedule given my experience, especially with the report that the Iphone wasn't going to be a topic at wwdc. They have a lot of work left to do on the software, that is all.
    My point is, you have no experience (and certainly no knowledge of Apples release schedule). Stop assuming you do. I will move on now.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Define "real threat". Are you talking sales? I'm not sure the Pre will even outsell the Storm. Apple kind of ignored that.

    I do want the Pre to succed, an I will be purchasing one.
    I think they ignored the Storm because it wasnt a threat to what made the iPhone successful. UI. The Pre is the first non-iPhone device that actually looks fun to just use. That is a threat.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I think they ignored the Storm because it wasnt a threat to what made the iPhone successful. UI. The Pre is the first non-iPhone device that actually looks fun to just use. That is a threat.
    Perhaps.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    ................still has a lot of issues, random signal drops and no service followed by full bars........................
    This aint never going to be fixed by software / firmware. Take a look at the following 2 articles which seems to have been buried by the tech media back when iPhone 2 was released. IMO the original iPhone had/has much better reception.

    Reports Of Failing iPhone 3G Reception, Apple Remains Quiet - Tom's Guide

    Google Translate (swedish translation)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    My point is, you have no experience (and certainly no knowledge of Apples release schedule). Stop assuming you do. I will move on now.
    Did you not read:


    "Just speculation on my part"

    When I clarified what I meant?

    How much clearer do you want me to be or do you want to just keep *****ing about every little thing regardless?
  15. #35  
    There is a rumor that they may hold off the iPhone announcement for Jobs, to make a big comeback. I don't know how true that is, but it's out there.

    Both phones are stuck in rumorland, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    The "now late" is that it was supposed to come out with iPhone OS 2.0. As in last year. 3.0 is still on track.
    Push data with 2.0? Show me some data that says that was supposed to be in 2.0. First I've heard of it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Push data with 2.0? Show me some data that says that was supposed to be in 2.0. First I've heard of it.
    When they announced iphone 3g I believe they talked about it....just google, you can find articles about it:

    iPhone OS Push Notification Redux: Where Did it Go? | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

    There's one to read.
  18. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #38  
    Here's a youtube video about it....also talks aobut "background applications"

    Last edited by timGSU; 05/16/2009 at 10:53 PM.
  19. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #39  
    And if you watch the video, they say it WILL be available September, 2008......It's May 2009....its late.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    There is a rumor that they may hold off the iPhone announcement for Jobs, to make a big comeback. I don't know how true that is, but it's out there.

    Both phones are stuck in rumorland, LOL!
    The Diva got it right (in my opinion - don't want to **** anybody off ), if there is a new iphone or mobile tablet announcement you can bet it will be done by Jobs. I think Apple's just biding time until his return (hopefully) in July.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions