Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I am gonna miss the great way WinMo does predictive text when your typing...

After going from Palm OS to WinMo... that was an unbelievable feature...

I actually make a mistake and think that a word box will pop up even when I'm on the computer

I would really love for the WebOS to have that natively built in like WinMo...

This isnt a "waaaaa " thing, just putting it out there as a suggestion...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Someone could make a T9 predictive text app. lol it could go with the on screen keyboard
    1. i thought you were referring to all of the pre-launch Pre bickering - that you'll miss.
    2. third party app if enough demand.
    3. if not, humans adapt. you will too.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I am gonna miss the great way WinMo does predictive text when your typing...

After going from Palm OS to WinMo... that was an unbelievable feature...

I actually make a mistake and think that a word box will pop up even when I'm on the computer

I would really love for the WebOS to have that natively built in like WinMo...

This isnt a "waaaaa " thing, just putting it out there as a suggestion...
    A developer or Palm may implement it...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    lol... I know its sorta like T9...but it is actually much smarter...
    Like almost whole sentences are remembered etc....

Its hard to explain how nicely its intergrated into WinMo... it honestly probably doubles my typing speed...
    I probably only type about 50% of what I actually send...
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    webOS does have some form of predictive text input, probably along the lines of the iPhone's auto-complete and auto-correct (though hopefully more readily taught than the iPhone, I hate how it constantly replaces "****" with "duck" - I can't sound hard and bad when I send an IM saying "duck you!")
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    webOS does have some form of predictive text input, probably along the lines of the iPhone's auto-complete and auto-correct (though hopefully more readily taught than the iPhone, I hate how it constantly replaces "****" with "duck" - I can't sound hard and bad when I send an IM saying "duck you!")
    lol...
    I'm going to miss:
    - All the unsubstantiated claims of the Pre's superiority over every other phone before anyone's even seen it.
    - The utterly inane release date claims based on absurd sources.
    - Lame parody posts proving and re-proving that humor is a concept often not understood.
    - Polls ranking every unrelated topic imaginable.
    - Threads titled "I will miss this..."

Yep, thinks just aren't going to be the same here once reality sets in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    my iPhone used to confuse thong and gong. It drove me nuts. Also: hot and got.
    touch pal is by far the best program ever. It predicts text based on what you are writing so you don't get useless suggestions all the time. You can type with you eyes closed and it predicts the words you are trying to write and still wont predict a word that is out of place. Touch pal on the pre would make that device even more amazing than it already is.
    I am gonna miss the great way WinMo does predictive text when your typing....
    I'm not going to miss how it takes me 5 steps/clicks just to get to writing an SMS. I just hope there's some direct shortcut to SMS or email on the Pre...like a gesture, say draw a big "S" on the touch screen to start the app...Pre developers, you following me?

Another big annoyance is when I'm typing a text, my unread/new email balloon pops-up and kockblocks me from doing anything until I acknowledge....a major flaw IMO....I won't be missing that on my WinMo phone either.
    I don't want any sort of predictive anything. I have a brain, I intend to continue using it without my hardware deciding what it thinks I wanted to say. Apple folks may need help in this department, good for them. If its in the Pre I hope its an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    I don't want any sort of predictive anything. I have a brain, I intend to continue using it without my hardware deciding what it thinks I wanted to say. Apple folks may need help in this department, good for them. If its in the Pre I hope its an option.
    Predictive or corrective text is a must on touchscreen-only devices. Not so much on qwerty keyboards
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    my iPhone used to confuse thong and gong. It drove me nuts. Also: hot and got.
    WTF??? how often do you type thong and gong??? and bong???
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I dont see how having a word, lets say like "predictability" pop up after typing "pre" is a bad thing...

Or if a common thing I type is "How's it going?" will pop up after I type "h"
    It truly saves me a crap load of time...

Also on my 800W, it take my one click to get to my SMS, and if I kept the conversation on with who I was talking to earlier... its right there ready to respond...

You should check your settings if it takes you 5 steps to get to that
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Uh, every few hours. I sell percussion equipment on the beach.

"'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I do type thong if I am at Oak Street Beach in Chicago, but never gong or bong.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Uh, every few hours. I sell percussion equipment on the beach.

lol... even though thats a joke, it suprising that the iPhone doesnt "learn" what words you correct it with the first time....and then suggest that the next time....
    lol... even though thats a joke, it suprising that the iPhone doesnt "learn" what words you correct it with the first time....and then suggest that the next time....
    Learning software is complicated stuff. My GPS unit is a one-trick pony and after a year it still hasn't learned that I take the Hopple St exit and not Mitchell Avenue. For all the things that they've got to add to the iPhone, adaptive predictive correction probably isn't high up on the list.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I dont see how having a word, lets say like "predictability" pop up after typing "pre" is a bad thing...

Or if a common thing I type is "How's it going?" will pop up after I type "h"
    It truly saves me a crap load of time...
    Except when you meant to say "presumptuous" or "Hey there" then there's the added step of correcting the predictable text. Like I said, no thanks, I'll type what I want to say. It may be fine, even desirable, for others, I just hope its optional if its included at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast