Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    WTF??? how often do you type thong and gong??? and bong???
    at least once a day? You?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Except when you meant to say "presumptuous" or "Hey there" then there's the added step of correcting the predictable text. Like I said, no thanks, I'll type what I want to say. It may be fine, even desirable, for others, I just hope its optional if its included at all.
    ... Well lets say we agree to disagree...

As for the Hey there, it would be there in the list that pops if you recently used it... so would presumptuous...

I think you think that the words just fill in, it doesn't, a small box pops up and you choose to pick something from it or keep typing.... so tech. its optional...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    my iPhone used to confuse thong and gong. It drove me nuts. Also: hot and got.
    can you tell iphone and winmob to know/remember certain words? ie add them to the dictionary?
    I never figured out how on iPhone.
    can you tell iphone and winmob to know/remember certain words? ie add them to the dictionary?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I never figured out how on iPhone.
    You can add words to the iPhone dictionary in a somewhat roundabout way: create a dummy contact and add in the words that you want the dictionary to recognize. Unfortunately, this still does nothing to change how it handles autocorrection of thong and gong, but it at least lets you add in words that the dictionary simply didn't recognize before. Apple kludge FTW!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    WTF??? how often do you type thong and gong??? and bong???
    Shooter McGavin: Just stay out of my way... or you'll pay! LISTEN to what I say!
    Happy Gilmore: Hey, why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may! What'd ya say
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I'm not going to miss how it takes me 5 steps/clicks just to get to writing an SMS. I just hope there's some direct shortcut to SMS or email on the Pre...like a gesture, say draw a big "S" on the touch screen to start the app...Pre developers, you following me?

Another big annoyance is when I'm typing a text, my unread/new email balloon pops-up and kockblocks me from doing anything until I acknowledge....a major flaw IMO....I won't be missing that on my WinMo phone either.
    What device? On my Touch Pro (even on my Mogul) there is a SMS shortcut on the today screen. I just hit that shortcut and get going or I hit the contact and then "send text message". I've never seen a lot of steps to start a message. Usually after the first day or so on a new ROM I have a bunch of threads going anyway so i just reply.

As far as predictive text, it's one of the first things I turn off on any phone. Trying to type what I want and not what the phone thinks I want is a waste of time. I know lots of folks like it but I have a qwerty phone simply because I can type quickly and accurately without any T9 or prediction.
    I think once you've got a QWERTY keyboard the predictive text argument goes out the window. I like SureType™ on Blackberrys like the Pearl and 7105t, but it still doesn't beat QWERTY, IMHO. T9 comes in dead last with me. Of course my focus is primarily on emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    What device?
    HTC Touch.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12