View Poll Results: Are you getting a Pre?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately. Pre FTW!

98 80.99%
  • Maybe, but not if *insert feature* sucks.

14 11.57%
  • Haven't decided yet.

6 4.96%
  • Nope.

3 2.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well.. its pretty much the best phone right now, other then money issue why wouldnt u want one
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Still, its surprising how many will not buy the Pre just because it doesn't have a certain feature or small keyboard and they go out and buy a phone that has less features and no keyboard
    Just to play devil's advocate, do you know 100% of what features the Pre offers? Waiting until all facts are on the table for an objective comparison hardly seems foolish.

With that said, the excitement seems justified; The Pre looks to have a lot of very neat features that may be difficult to find in other phones.
    Palm Pre launching June 16th?

I don't know how credible this source and rumor is but they've pinned a Palm Pre launch date at June 16th. Presumably AFTER the new iPhone 3.0 is launched.

My question here, is would you buy the Palm Pre no matter what APPL releases?

My personal answer is that I WOULD still buy the Palm Pre. I don't want an iPhone, let alone switch to AT&T
    I'm definitely getting a Pre. My first two year contract with Sprint is up August 16. From what I understand, I can upgrade my phone at 22 months, though that may not be true, does anyone know Sprints policy on that?
    Anyway, the timing is perfect. If the Pre drops on the 7th, I'll be able to hang back a bit, read the reviews as they roll in, and there should probably be sufficient stock come the 17th. If it does drop on the 16th, I'll be first in line for when the door opens. And if I do have to wait 2 more months, who knows? Maybe there will be a 16gig version in the works.
    Last edited by Graham Cracker; 05/16/2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Mixed up the dates
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Cracker View Post
    I'm definitely getting a Pre. My first two year contract with Sprint is up August 16. From what I understand, I can upgrade my phone at 22 months, though that may not be true, does anyone know Sprints policy on that?
    Anyway, the timing is perfect. If the Pre drops on the 7th, I'll be able to hang back a bit, read the reviews as they roll in, and there should probably be sufficient stock come the 17th. If it does drop on the 16th, I'll be first in line for when the door opens. And if I do have to wait 2 more months, who knows? Maybe there will be a 16gig version in the works.
    I spoke with different sprint reps about upgrading my current plan

See thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-upgrade.html

I'm sure there are different things you can do about your current plan. It's what I was told, and I still have a year left on my contract
    I've been waiting for this phone for over 6000 years, but I still want to see what sort of plans they will require.
    I'd put myself at a 7

I'm very excited about the Pre, but if they mess this one up, I will not be purchasing it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12