Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    This is a question that I haven't seen posted yet. I'm curious if I'm able to buy my phone unsubsidized from Palm. I'd really like to be able to. I always prefer to stay off contract since Sprint is SOOO much nicer to me without that pesky little two year agreement. The perks always add up much nicer over time than a couple hundred dollar discount on a phone.

I'd like to have the option at least. I'll pay up to $600 if I could.

And no, I'm not on SERO.... I try not to touch the stuff, I hear it's bad for you.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I don't think so, Palm will probably only offer the GSM unlocked version from there website, and it will be quite a premium. $$$$
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    for what its worth, I bought my 755P Sprint on launch day directly from palm.com....
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    for what its worth, I bought my 755P Sprint on launch day directly from palm.com....
    I bought my 700p from them on launch day as well. That's why I was curious. They've done it in the past, but I haven't heard any rumors about direct availability. They may be pushing all the initial handsets to Sprint as part of a deal to try and add customers. It would be a good idea to get the customers in the stores. Try and upsell them to a Simply Everything Plan..
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I wonder if Palm will be offering different colors for the Pre if they do end up doing direct order - I remember with the Treo 680 that AT&T only got one or two colors, but if you ordered straight from Palm (off-contract and unsubsidized, of course), there were two other colors.

Don't get me wrong, the Pre looks pretty handsome in black, but I wouldn't mind a few other permutations - I love the Navy/Royal Blue my 755p is in, or maybe a nice deep Hunter Green. Or they could open all out warfare on Apple and do the classic white with a double-shot clear coat
    From the looks of Palm's site, you probably can, but will probably have to pay the unsubsidized price.

Anything you try to purchase at a subsidized price just forwards you to carrier's site.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    I wonder if Palm will be offering different colors for the Pre if they do end up doing direct order - I remember with the Treo 680 that AT&T only got one or two colors, but if you ordered straight from Palm (off-contract and unsubsidized, of course), there were two other colors.

Don't get me wrong, the Pre looks pretty handsome in black, but I wouldn't mind a few other permutations - I love the Navy/Royal Blue my 755p is in, or maybe a nice deep Hunter Green. Or they could open all out warfare on Apple and do the classic white with a double-shot clear coat
    Please...no....NOOOOO.... As a business user, I want black. Or grey. Or Black and Grey. Nothing else. And white..... well... who would really want a white phone. The white iPhone looks terrible after about two days of use.

I believe the quote was... "You can have it in any color you like, as long as it's Black."
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    From the looks of Palm's site, you probably can, but will probably have to pay the unsubsidized price.

Anything you try to purchase at a subsidized price just forwards you to carrier's site.
    Let's hope so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post

Maybe ColorWare will come up with an offering. Not cheap, but they will custom color the BB Bold and iPhone3G (among others).
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Maybe ColorWare will come up with an offering. Not cheap, but they will custom color the BB Bold and iPhone3G (among others).
    Coveroo does some pretty cool engraving on cases and sometimes offers additional colors. I had my company logo engraved on my Blackberry cover and it looks AWESOME....
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Coveroo does some pretty cool engraving on cases and sometimes offers additional colors. I had my company logo engraved on my Blackberry cover and it looks AWESOME....
    http://www.coveroo.com/category/tabi...e-designs.aspx
    "The Palm Pre Coveroo will be available in mid June, 2009."
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Choose a Coveroo
    "The Palm Pre Coveroo will be available in mid June, 2009."
    Thanks for the link!! I'll be Pre-ordering my Pre Coveroo!! I wonder if they'll use the Touchstone cover for the Pre....
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Thanks for the link!! I'll be Pre-ordering my Pre Coveroo!! I wonder if they'll use the Touchstone cover for the Pre....
    I'm going to say no - we don't even know (yet) if the cover will be offered separate from the Touchstone.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright