View Poll Results: Will you camp out for the Pre?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 16.88%
  • No

64 83.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I finally hear an official release date I'll be requesting anywhere from 2 to 4 days of leave from work to camp outside my local corporate sprint store to assure I get my hands one of these. I've been told it's first come first serve and the store I'm camping at has no list. Will anyone else be camping out?

(BTW, my local sprint store is located right next to a Starbucks with WiFi so I'll never be far from precentral! )
    lucky for us - no.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    lucky for us - no.
    Why not?
    No way, I'd never camp for anything... just don't want to get it day one that bad.
    No chance in hell. Assuming it's a typical Sunday I will maybe get up early so I can hit the store when it opens but that's about it. I will probably store a few store numbers in my phone before leaving so I can call others if the one closest to me is out for some reason. I don't think that the level of hype on phone-geek forums matches the level out in the "real world". Even other geek types I've spoken to don't really know much about it because they aren't all that interested. They already have BB's or iPhones or WM phones. I'm sure there will be an initial wave of sales as phone enthusiasts and Sprint fans buy new Pre phones but the real test will come when those get out into the wild and the ad campaigns start. Once the average Joe recognizes it and sees it in use we will find out if there is any mass market for them. Right now they just don't have the name recognition of an iDevice or something similar.
    No, some of us have jobs, kids, that kind of stuff that prevents us from camping out for a phone.
    Besides, I will be calling telesales every morning after May 19.
    No way
    No. I don't think it will be necessary. Especially if you are bringing a new account to the table I think many Sprint stores will save a few phones for new accounts and more $$$.

If i have to wait, I'll wait. Its a phone. One I'll probably replace in a year or so. Not a big deal.
    The is the first device I will wait in line for. I don't know about camping but I will wait an hour or two to get it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I think the poll has be misinterpreted. His question is "Will it be necessary", not "Will you camp".

I don't think it will be necessary. I love the Pre and I'll be ordering it online, but I just don't think the Pre has the same appeal as the iPhone did with the 18-20something crowd that originally camped for it.
    Nope, I will probably be getting mine in June, if enough info and screen protectors are out, I will not wait any longer then August however because I want to get off my current network as soon as I can in which my contract ends some times in August I believe.
    I hope we won't have to camp out. I will probably get up a little early before opening and head on over to my local store.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I can wait a few days or more. Would love to get some initial feedback from users b4 I jump in.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Right now, I don't see the demand being enough that there will be an appreciable line for the Pre. Once the release date is announced and the public ad campaign begins and we can start to gauge the interest of the public, then maybe I'll be able to give a more definite answer.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Lets assume that Sprint and Palm spend a gazillion dollars on an ad blitz. Demand could rise in the general public but I doubt the general consumer would get in line for this phone. My current plan is to plan a route that will hit 4 or 5 stores and I'll visit them in succession on Sunday. If I don't get it then, I'll just visit a Sprint store every couple of days.

I don't need to be the first kid on the block to have a Pre. I just want to be among the first.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    I'd only camp for something that I would sell for a mark up (xbox360 was the last thing.....I had one on preorder and i camped and sold that one).

My rebate isn't until August so I'm going to have to wait even longer when it finally does get released.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    I think the poll has be misinterpreted. His question is "Will it be necessary", not "Will you camp".
    You're right!
    In that case I don't think it will be necessary.

Most people I talk to either don't know about it or are not interested because it's a Palm phone (sad but true).
    I don't think there'll be much problem getting your hands on one of these.

I don't think it will be necessary. I love the Pre and I'll be ordering it online, but I just don't think the Pre has the same appeal as the iPhone did with the 18-20something crowd that originally camped for it.
    Actually he has asked 2 questions. His thread title asks if it is necessary while his actual poll question asks if one will camp out for a pre.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm imagining up to a dozen desperate geeks in line, up to an hour before the store opens. i may be one of them. for me, it's more about having fun with the silly enthusiasm, than really needing the pre right away.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    I wouldn't camp out for it but like other members said I would probably go early to my local sprint store but I am not going to do that either because I probably wont be able to get the phone at stores because I am on an employee plan (not the sero). So I wont be able to get it on day 1 but I have accepted that fact already.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast