1.    #1  
    Pardon the rant - I guess I have some bad memories... I work in North Atlanta in the Perimeter office district. Only at least 100k very well paid office workers. Over the past few years they have closed TWO corporate stores in the area. Now the only stores are at least 15-20 minutes away (south to Lenox, west to Cobb Parkway, and North to Alpharetta). I remember the awful Lenox store had few employees and had a huge wait using a pick a number system. I am planning on using telesales because I dread going anywhere near these stores on release week.

I am really pulling for Sprint to not only survive, but thrive. But can they really thrive by having such a weak store footprint? I can think of a half dozen corporate ATT and Verizon stores that I pass everyday going to/from work. I wonder if other cities have the same store footprint issues.

Oh BTW, there is a Boost store closeby.. maybe this is their future?
    There's one near me.

I'm going to go down and look at the demo model first, if they ever get any.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Best Buy.. Online sales...

Most people don't give a **** if they get it day one and those of us that do will drive 20 minutes to the nearest best buy or pay the extra $$ for overnight shipping.
    There are a few within 30 minutes, not counting Best Buy. Baltimore, MD.
    I have at least 4 within 5 minutes of my house... LA is full of Sprint stores.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    15 mins away from me theirs a sprint store and theirs also several bestbuy stores all about 15-20 mins away just incase it sells out the first day i still have a couple places to go to
    I have two Best Buys, two corporate Sprint stores and a handful of other "Sprint" stores within about 10-15 miles of me..
    Five miles away for the closest, and several more within fifteen miles.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Sorry fbeaumont, I think is only your zone.
    I have about 2 best buys, 6 sprint retailer stores, and 3 corporate sprint stores within 15 minutes of my house... I figured I won't be having trouble getting the palm pre on launch day :P
    there's a sprint store on the other end of my block
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    Pardon the rant - I guess I have some bad memories... I work in North Atlanta in the Perimeter office district. Only at least 100k very well paid office workers. Over the past few years they have closed TWO corporate stores in the area. Now the only stores are at least 15-20 minutes away (south to Lenox, west to Cobb Parkway, and North to Alpharetta). I remember the awful Lenox store had few employees and had a huge wait using a pick a number system. I am planning on using telesales because I dread going anywhere near these stores on release week.

I am really pulling for Sprint to not only survive, but thrive. But can they really thrive by having such a weak store footprint? I can think of a half dozen corporate ATT and Verizon stores that I pass everyday going to/from work. I wonder if other cities have the same store footprint issues.

Oh BTW, there is a Boost store closeby.. maybe this is their future?
    I have 5 stores that I know of within 5-10 minutes of my house. One is literally about 2 miles away, and is an EXCELLENT independent store. The "Corporate" store is less than 5 minute drive from my house. If you ask me, they are wasting too much money having TOO many stores around here. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have an option if you have a bad experience somewhere, but 5 within 5 minutes? Then again, they are all in opposite directions, so maybe I am just lucky and live in the middle of a "Sprint circle"