Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since so many of you have made me click on threads like this the past couple of days, which angered me to the point of wanting to do bad things to puppies, I now have my own to counter with. Because yes, I am that juvenile.

I just hit a corporate sprint store on my lunch break to pay my bill. I asked the asst. manager if I could get on a pre waiting list and he said ok. I also told him I know he got his advocate/demo phone this week and he got a big smile and tried to change the subject.

I also overheard some employees discussing it's price, which they clearly didn't know - they were guessing.

The other employee that helped me just said he has heard rumors of June 5th but nobody knows.

Finally, I said "so Sprint is not going to do anything stupid like require a plan upgrade to one of the newer plans to get the pre, are they?" The asst manager responded "Everything I've heard is that we will not. As long as you have unlimited data on your plan you should be fine."

I know this is not conclusive by any stretch. But this, combined with many other sprint employees telling others roughly the same thing means that Sprint has a real $hi7 storm on their hands if they try to enforce a plan change.
    You never know. But asking Sprint store personally questions like that is like asking the store manager if they are upgrading the tower in the area to more capacity.

They don't have a clue. They are the last people to know just about everything. They also have a vested interest in telling you what you want to hear because it makes you go away sooner. Despite that biting them in the *** later.

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. According to the Sprint docs we got I wouldn't count on it. They clearly listed all the plans.

The instinct was the same way, why on earth the Pre would be different I don't know but I doubt it. Its not like this hasn't happened before.
    I also visited a corporate Sprint Store yesterday, I was told the exact opposite, a simply everything plan will be required.

So now we know that no one knows....
    haha
    Ahhh...another day, another pummeling of this dead horse.
    Thank Sprint for releasing no info. Hopefully the rumor about them finally saying something next week is true!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    The horse won't be dead until one of us actually tries to add the pre to his existing plan.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thank Sprint for releasing no info. Hopefully the rumor about them finally saying something next week is true!
    That's why I think this is going to be bad news. Sprint has allowed this to get out of control by not making an official statement on it and letting their employees make guesses, even now as we are days away from release.

They have only been specific on new customer plan requirements. If they do indeed pull the crappy Instinct card on us all at the last minute, they will have mobs of angry customers saying "I was told it would work by a Sprint employee!"
    I'll be visiting a Sprint store in about 2-3 hours, so I'll take my shot.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I'll be visiting a Sprint store in about 2-3 hours, so I'll take my shot.
    Sweet, let us know. Offer them $50 to pull out their demo and show it to you.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I recall that Sprint already announced that you needed a "Simply Everything Plan" for the Pre. If my memory serves us correctly, there were three plans ranging from $60 - $100/mo giving 400min/mo to unlimited minutes. All data and texting . . . is unlimited on all of theses plans.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dougster123 View Post
    I recall that Sprint already announced that you needed a "Simply Everything Plan" for the Pre. If my memory serves us correctly, there were three plans ranging from $60 - $100/mo giving 400min/mo to unlimited minutes. All data and texting . . . is unlimited on all of theses plans.
    That's exactly correct. For a new Sprint customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    That's exactly correct. For a new Sprint customer.
    Um, that doesn't matter if you're new or current. If this is another Instinct situation.. It doesn't matter in case you didn't notice. Still, I hope you all can use it, but if not, oh well.
    Last time I checked the Sprint website (5-14-09), if I go thru the motions of trying to upgrade to ANY phone, I have to "upgrade" from my SERO plan.

Seems I can do an "ESN change" (phone swap) between my 755P and 800w and still keep my plan intact.

I tried to verify this, but seems the sprint account management website is down...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    would I be able to use it?
    I noticed you guys mentioned instinct.
    I have an instinct in front of me right now, and my dad has the blackberry curve, and we have the 1500 minutes with unlimited internet & txt messaging and our data plan lets us use youtube free.
    So I guess what I am trying to say is if our current plan lets us have a palm pre without additional charges?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    I have an instinct in front of me right now, and my dad has the blackberry curve, and we have the 1500 minutes with unlimited internet & txt messaging and our data plan lets us use youtube free.
    So I guess what I am trying to say is if our current plan lets us have a palm pre without additional charges?
    *SMACK* I hope that hurt....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    if you are currently using an instict, the pre will be no problems for you.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez View Post
    Last time I checked the Sprint website (5-14-09), if I go thru the motions of trying to upgrade to ANY phone, I have to "upgrade" from my SERO plan.

Seems I can do an "ESN change" (phone swap) between my 755P and 800w and still keep my plan intact.

I tried to verify this, but seems the sprint account management website is down...
    You might get lucky, but I would place a bet of significant size on ALL Palm Pre's activated online being flagged by the system either forcing you to upgrade off of SERO or not allowing you to activiate it. You may even be able to activate it, but don't be surprised when they call and tell you you've been upgrade without your permission. They'll tell you that you've changed the terms of your agreement, and they've taken the liberty of putting you on an existing plan.

You can keep your old phones, but don't expect to be using a Pre on SERO. It's your choice.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    sorry,
    am stupid on technology-wise xP

can I, yes or no?

---

[edit] oh, thank you.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    You guys live in the areas with loose-lipped Sprint Stores - I stopped by the primary store in our area today, and they A) said they hadn't gotten any word from corporate about the Pre rollout, B) they did not have any in-store waiting list (they told me to go to My Sprint, something about you register online and they'll give you a gift certificate you can print out and bring on launch date to jump the line...), and C) they did not know anything specific about plans, but guessed you'd near an Everything Data or better plan.

Now, do I really believe that they're totally in the dark? Not really, but hey, they're being paid not to squeal, so I can't really hold it against them.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Um, that doesn't matter if you're new or current. If this is another Instinct situation.. It doesn't matter in case you didn't notice. Still, I hope you all can use it, but if not, oh well.

Sprint has stated what the pre must have for new activations = fact.

Sprint has stated that current customers must change plans for pre = fiction.

Sprint will have the same requirements for the Pre as they did the Instinct = Guess.

You are known to despise SERO users on more than just this forum = fact.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast