Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    If you look at Palm's SEC filings it is barely hanging on cash flow wise by a thread. Will vendors be willing to ship them enough units on trade credit to get enough Pre units out in the stores early on, or will there be a shortage mainly because of Palm's finances?
    I think they have investors hooking them up in that regard and i'm sure much of the contracts could be on loan or such.

If they had a BAD showing at CES, I believe there wouldn't be a Palm right now.
    I dont think they are in bad enough shape for it to be an issue yet. I do think that they lack the cash reserves to do some of the things Apple has done with iPhone. IE: buying up huge chunks of flash supplies to ensure a low price and steady availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    If you look at Palm's SEC filings it is barely hanging on cash flow wise by a thread. Will vendors be willing to ship them enough units on trade credit to get enough Pre units out in the stores early on, or will there be a shortage mainly because of Palm's finances?
    Palm is stupid, but not stupid enough to have such little thing get in the way. I
    m sure they raised enough capital to build enough inventory.