Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Whoops!

I was thinking of another publications....damnit.
  2.    #22  
    The more I read this the more I feel illiterate 13 year-olds roam this forum.

...seriously how can you say newspapers are only for subways...
    I think some people are trying to say paper publications are on the way out. But the publications themselves are now published online and technically NOT gone. Just gone as we were used to.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post

Well the serious decline of newspaper and magazines probably made them say it.

I work for ESPN and our magazine is suffering badly. I'm honestly surprised we haven't just closed it up yet.

Or the fact New York Times is struggling pretty hard right now as well. THE new york times.

Insane really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post

...Seriously, how can you not be aware of the huge (self imposed) problems traditional newspapers and magazines are having in this 'internet age'...

In my admittedly non expert opinion 1/2 to 1/3 of the publications we have now are not going to survive. I am ok with that. The only justification for their continued existence was the 'higher standards of journalism' they claimed to represent. I think we have all seen by now that this claim is hollow and they are just as fickle, lazy and beholden to their corporate masters as online journalists.
    The smart ones have already moved online. The one problem though, is there are still people with either dial up or no internet access. Hopefully the online versions are at least optimized for dial up or slow access, because I understand it isn't totally dead, like people in large urban areas think.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12