View Poll Results: How do you plan on getting your Pre?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Retail store

31 56.36%
  • Telesales

8 14.55%

11 20.00%
  • Tacos

5 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After speaking with four different Sprint reps across four different stores (all Sprint stores, not a "reseller"), I've gotten different suggestions on the best way to get a Pre on launch day.

Some advise to get in line at a store on launch day (they all advised that these "waiting lists" are pure rumors and even if you've been told you're on a list, the store manager will never allow one);

Others advise to either get it via telesales or online, as there is a chance you'll be able to order one before launch day and get it delivered overnight (for a fee, presumably).

So, what is YOUR strategy?
    whoever has it first and can honor my June 2009 Premier discount. my guess is that Online/Telesales will have it first.
    Been hoping to find a local store with a waiting list.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I don't agree that all managers won't allow them. Maybe managers at corporate sprints. But I'm on two others as well--one started by the manager of a best buy mobile; the other by the owner of a sprint franchise. I'm hoping that 1 of the 3 will pan out.

I was recently laid off so I've got plenty of time to drive around to different stores!!
    anywhere i can get it first, therfore i didnt vote
    Poll is missing best buy.

Also if you are so anxious to get one the first day (and I would wait a few weeks) why wouldn't you order from telesales, online and go to a store? Returns are not cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

Also if you are so anxious to get one the first day (and I would wait a few weeks) why wouldn't you order from telesales, online and go to a store? Returns are not cost.
    except that when you return it to telesales it takes 3 months for them to credit your account

::rolls eyes::
    Tacos!
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    except that when you return it to telesales it takes 3 months for them to credit your account

::rolls eyes::
    so true... sucks doesnt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    I returned one new in box never opened when they sent me an extra a couple of years with their mistake and it took four months to get the credit despite sending it back the same day.

Since then I have learned to use a credit card with any Sprint equipment bought through telesales, since disputing is quite easy and you are not subject to these delays. you never have to wait for the credit that way.

In any case as I later learned you can return telesales to full service stores.

I think there will be a lot of people who are desperate for this the first day will be ordering by all possible methods. I tis not a nice guy move, but there is no penalty and no downside.
    i plan on going to Best Buy... if they dont get them on the first day then retail.... i am checking telesales too every night @ 11:59
    Anywhere I can
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13.    #13  
    Hmmm, why was this thread moved from the PreCentral forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Hmmm, why was this thread moved from the PreCentral forums?
    It's simply shared and duplicated over there.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

My poll didn't.
    Because I am a bit of a techy, I have purchased numerous phones from this one sales lady @ Bestbuy mobile. I've already got my call in. She's gonna hold one for me. I'm actually not going to the one right down the street from me because of my "relationship" with another BestBuy.
    Didn't even notice that.
  18.    #18  
    I would go out on a limb and include Best Buy as a retail store, no?

However, specially at launch, BB would be the last place I would go looking for a Pre. Other than that, I choose to take my business elsewhere, for the fact that I don't agree with their policies and overall customer experience.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It's simply shared and duplicated over there.
    Thanks, didn't realize that! Now I know why my register date shows '05.
  19.    #19  
    Oh, and I personally will try telesales, online and retail at the same time on launch day (netbook with data card FTW! ), unless there's a pre-order announced (which I'm crossing my fingers for).
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    For those of you with telesales experience, how has your experience been? If the first week of June pans out for the release, I will be travelling and besides having my TomTom hit every BB and Sprint store for a thousand miles it would be convenient to just call and have it shipped to the appropriate destination.
    How is activation with telesales orders?
    How much is overnighting a package of that size?
    Thanks for any info.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast