Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Bluetooth chews up battery life so badly on my Treo 650 & 680 that I would never dream of making a car connection this way. 3.5mm audio out jack, the only way to go.
    -- Josh
    The problem with a 3.5mm connection for a car dock (especially for this phone with the jack on the top) is that you can't just drop the phone into the dock usually but have to plug in a cord. I have no problem plugging in a cord most of the time, but when I'm driving somewhere, I'm usually in a rush, so I just want to put the phone down and leave.

I think a charging dock of some kind (maybe Touchstone-esque) and a Bluetooth headunit with AVCRP and A2DP is the best way to go for this.
    Let's just hope the Pre does better than his opening pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Baba BOOOEY!
    And don't most people have a car charger? For all that people expect their phones to do, it almost seems like a necessity to charge it while in the car.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12