Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    1) The Pre advocate I spoke with yesterday said it didn't come with Visual Voicemail

2) He also stated it didn't have Classic installed on it either. It just had the basic programs on it, I asked if he could elaborate on that and he stated that he couldn't go any further. He stated it just had the App Store Logo on it, but he hadn't attempted to go into it yet.

He also stated battery life was excellent compared to his Touch Pro, "WAY BETTER". He also went on to say that the were given very tight instructions not to discuss the Pre or anything else. He stated he would be receiving more training on Monday. One thing he did say is that Sprint is trying to get enough Touch Stones in, he said that they were worried that they would not have enough or any at launch. I asked him if knew how many phones they would have in, and he said he couldn't say, he said there store (Corporate Store) was expecting at least 100-200 people the 1st day, he said there store had been inundated with people calling and coming in asking about the Pre. I asked him if Premier Customers would get 1st dibs, he stated no, no one will have 1st dibs. There's no waiting list or anything else. He said they will be sold on a 1st come 1st serve basis only. I asked him if I could see it, and he said it can't leave the back room at all. He said its a great device, feels solid, slider is good, OS is awesome and the web browsing is very fast. He also confirmed that the keyboard is like the Treo Pro, except spaced out a little more. He was a cool guy but he was scared to say to much about it out of fear of being fired or getting in trouble. Before I left he stated "You'll know more next week, trust me."
    I'm guessing (yes, guessing!) that Premier customers will have an opportunity to order first via the Web or telesales. I'm guessing (yes, guessing!) it won't be via store purchases. So, in my mind, Premier customers will essentially be able to get the phone without having to stand in line (assuming there are lines), even if they physically don't get the phone first.

Why am I guessing that, you ask? Well, it's simple: that's what I HOPE happens.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'm guessing (yes, guessing!) that Premier customers will have an opportunity to order first via the Web or telesales. I'm guessing (yes, guessing!) it won't be via store purchases. So, in my mind, Premier customers will essentially be able to get the phone without having to stand in line (assuming there are lines), even if they physically don't get the phone first.

Premier customers SHOULD get this phone first. they've been extolling the virtues of Premier (one of which is getting hot phones early) and if the Pre ain't a hot phone, then i don't know what is. i think if the official launch in June 7, Premier customers should be able to order and receive the phone on or about May 19. if Premier customers can't get their phones early, then why is Sprint advertising Premier status benefits?

i want my PRE early, damn it!!!!!!!! make Ricky Bobby wait, NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm Premier, damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If this is the case where S|P customers don't get any sort of "special" treatment like they stated, ALSO like they say, "be the first to know about new devices AND to purchase them before anyone else".. And if they don't deliver, welp.. False advertising = Lawsuit..
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If this is the case where S|P customers don't get any sort of "special" treatment like they stated, ALSO like they say, "be the first to know about new devices AND to purchase them before anyone else".. And if they don't deliver, welp.. False advertising = Lawsuit..

If you are serious then, well I don't even have to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Well, I hope your right.I'm a Premire Customer as well and I used to think that we would get the phone 1st, but after what he said as well as looking at my account and going to the Benefits for Sprint Premier Customers website, if you look where they have the picture of the Pre, and under it it states

"Premier Access
    The best way to make sure you are one of the first to know when the Palm® PreTM launches is to pre-register. Sign up at the link below and we’ll let you know the moment it arrives"
    The link below it takes you to the same Pre-Registration as everyone else, it takes you to the "Now Network with the Pre".. That leads me to believe we wont get it first, if we do cool, if we don't fine, I just want the damn thing already....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    that's BS!!!!!!!!!! i'm emailing Dan Hesse and telling him i want my Pre NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    that's BS!!!!!!!!!! i'm emailing Dan Hesse and telling him i want my Pre NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Try to get a few of them, I want one too...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson View Post
    I had a neighbor who was an advocate. He got a Pre and was showing it to me over the fence.

Before I knew it, black helicopters were circling above and black SUVs had surrounded his house. He tried to run for it, but some sort of a ray gun brought him down and the last I saw of him was when they stuffed him into one of the SUVs.

They are coming to talk to me know and putting on some sort of special sunglasses...
    Uh on. They're gonna neurlalize you! And when they do and you can't remember who you are, I'm gonna steal your avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    1) The Pre advocate I spoke with yesterday said it didn't come with Visual Voicemail

2) He also stated it didn't have Classic installed on it either. It just had the basic programs on it, I asked if he could elaborate on that and he stated that he couldn't go any further. He stated it just had the App Store Logo on it, but he hadn't attempted to go into it yet.

He also stated battery life was excellent compared to his Touch Pro, "WAY BETTER". He also went on to say that the were given very tight instructions not to discuss the Pre or anything else. He stated he would be receiving more training on Monday. One thing he did say is that Sprint is trying to get enough Touch Stones in, he said that they were worried that they would not have enough or any at launch. I asked him if knew how many phones they would have in, and he said he couldn't say, he said there store (Corporate Store) was expecting at least 100-200 people the 1st day, he said there store had been inundated with people calling and coming in asking about the Pre. I asked him if Premier Customers would get 1st dibs, he stated no, no one will have 1st dibs. There's no waiting list or anything else. He said they will be sold on a 1st come 1st serve basis only. I asked him if I could see it, and he said it can't leave the back room at all. He said its a great device, feels solid, slider is good, OS is awesome and the web browsing is very fast. He also confirmed that the keyboard is like the Treo Pro, except spaced out a little more. He was a cool guy but he was scared to say to much about it out of fear of being fired or getting in trouble. Before I left he stated "You'll know more next week, trust me."
    Thanks. If this is all accurate then I am very excited.
    Just got word that my corporate store advocate here in glendale, az. has his/her phone and just this minute they added my name to the waiting list. hope the same good fortune occurs for all the rest of you.
    Last edited by georges326; 05/17/2009 at 06:07 PM.
    I don't think we will need waiting lists (Hopefully).
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    i spoke with the advocate today while i went in to pay my bill. The first thing out his mouth is the phone is ready and should be in peoples hands now! what he kept talking about is how the phones web browser crashed on him a couple times but everything was excellent. i said can i ask you a question and all i want you to do is nod for yes or shake for no, he said sure, i said will the pre launch on june 7th and he shook no.

maybe we will see it earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i spoke with the advocate today while i went in to pay my bill. The first thing out his mouth is the phone is ready and should be in peoples hands now! what he kept talking about is how the phones web browser crashed on him a couple times but everything was excellent. i said can i ask you a question and all i want you to do is nod for yes or shake for no, he said sure, i said will the pre launch on june 7th and he shook no.

LIES!!! He said LIES!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    LIES!!! He said LIES!!!
    i hope he was lying. during the 5 min chit chat i had to hold in my laughs because of his Indian accent.
  15.    #55  
    at best buy today got told for sure they will have them same day as sprint and he played with it and it wad great here is where he is wrong he said touchstone will come with it for sure

Couldn't you have asked him one more question that he could have answered with a shake or a nod....like...will it come out BEFORE June 7th?

And what website did he go to to make the browser crash?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    And what website did he go to to make the browser crash?
    I believe it was Apple.

i hope he was lying. during the 5 min chit chat i had to hold in my laughs because of his Indian accent.
    What exactly does that have to do with anything?!?!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoonick View Post
    very excited to hear advocates have them. my question is who is one anyone here? and why dont we know alot more of all the questions we wanted answered for so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Palm loaded canary traps in the builds that they sent out to advocates and reviewers - little tiny spelling errors or invisible watermarking on the home screen or something of that sort. We already had the one bum that Tweeted his face, I guarantee you he doesn't have a gig for much longer. I think the rest of the advocates are going to play it a bit safer...
    We don't know that guy was even an employee. And Palm did not load any canary traps into the advocates phones.
    Alphas and betas, releases usually have a serial number on front.

The advocates modes don't have serial numbers on front- I know, I have handled one.

Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    NDA.
    Advocates are under standard employee contract whcih already has an nda, they have no extra nda but have been read the riot act it will be enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    Is there anything we still dont know yet? I think we are probably much more knowledgeable on the pre then they will be AFTER training.
    That is exactly right -- exactly what would advocates leak about the phone itself that we don't already know?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    That is exactly right -- exactly what would advocates leak about the phone itself that we don't already know?
    I think its more about confirmation. We know its shipping with a 1150 battery, but how is battery life? We know what possible apps there are, but which ones will ship with the Pre?

Most of the things we are doing in this forum is speculation. Now what we need is confirmation.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast