Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Your friend's last name doesn't happen to be Blurrycam, does it?
    no, just good old mr blurry cam lol

and trust me ill be asking tons of questions
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    update: not activated yet, also not allowed to leave stores
    thanks for the info! keep us updated.
    Boot up time from battery insert!

I don't know why people are complaining about the keyboard... it looks quite a bit bigger than the Centro...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Isnt there a video showing the Pre booting after a battery pull?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ok i got a chance to talk to the employee again and i got some good news and bad news

bad news... he said that it does take a bit to start up, no exact count on how long but he said it starts up with this beautiful video that makes he screen res look AMAZING.

that was the 1st startup after the initial setup (pone reset once)

the keyboard reminded him of the tro Pro

good news, he said WOW... MOST AAZING DEVICE HE HAS EVER USED
    almost comparabe to as small as the sprint Touch (vogue) but a little thicker.

the web on the phone is rediculous, renders just as fast (if not faster) than the iphone.

i asked abotu battery life and he said he played with it for an hour or hour and a half out of the box (no charging yet) and it was working fine.

i told him to try n keep me updated
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    ok i got a chance to talk to the employee again and i got some good news and bad news

bad news... he said that it does take a bit to start up, no exact count on how long but he said it starts up with this beautiful video that makes he screen res look AMAZING.

the web on the phone is rediculous, renders just as fast (if not faster) than the iphone.

i asked abotu battery life and he said he played with it for an hour or hour and a half out of the box (no charging yet) and it was working fine.

It better be faster at rendering websites than the iPhone. I think there was one comparison where they said it is 3 x faster then the iPhone rendering some complicated sports page.... 8 seconds vs 24 seconds for the iPhone.

The initial start up speed is no big deal for me, my current Sprint Touch takes like 3 mins to start...so I am sure the Pre can beat that.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It better be faster at rendering websites than the iPhone. I think there was one comparison where they said it is 3 x faster then the iPhone rendering some complicated sports page.... 8 seconds vs 24 seconds for the iPhone.

The initial start up speed is no big deal for me, my current Sprint Touch takes like 3 mins to start...so I am sure the Pre can beat that.
    I think that the faster web page rendering is mostly due to the faster CPU. Since the Pre browser is based on WebKit just like the iPhone, the CPU and possibly the graphics processor probably make the difference.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Most likely it's not that it's rendering better, but it has a faster CPU and lighter weight OS than the iPhone.

But yeah, the faster the better as far as I'm concerned. Phone startup time doesn't bother me because as mentioned above, presumably we won't need to restart it as often.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I think that the faster web page rendering is mostly due to the faster CPU. Since the Pre browser is based on WebKit just like the iPhone, the CPU and possibly the graphics processor probably make the difference.
    The network makes a difference, and then the rendering is from the cpu I guess. But the iPhone's 3G is sooooo slow. Sprint is much faster than AT&T.

I like how scrolling is so smooth on the Pre. On the iPhone when you scroll you'll see white and gray checker boxes and then the page will appear a second or two later. The Pre, from the videos and hands on, doesn't have that white and grey box problem.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Well, one thing that I was told after asking multiple question about the phone, was what was the biggest surprise. The answer is that the phone is the perfect size.
    Last edited by tj0827; 06/01/2009 at 11:57 AM.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I am so ready for a new phone. I have an Iphone and a G1 right now. I love the apps on the iphone, but its a terrible phone. G1 is boring for me.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    NDA.
    I had a neighbor who was an advocate. He got a Pre and was showing it to me over the fence.

Before I knew it, black helicopters were circling above and black SUVs had surrounded his house. He tried to run for it, but some sort of a ray gun brought him down and the last I saw of him was when they stuffed him into one of the SUVs.

They are coming to talk to me know and putting on some sort of special sunglasses...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Just stopped in the local corporate store, and the guy there said that they do have an advocate, gave me the advocate's card (as well as his own), and said that he did have his Pre, but also said the advocate was not even allowed to put in the battery!

According to him, they are hardly able to acknowledge the existence of the Pre, but also referred to the 1st 2 weeks of June for the release.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post

Good info. I know of a few things you can have your friend check or you for that matter.

1) People are curious to know if it will have Visual Voicemail out of the box. Confirm if possible?

2) I wanted to know (maybe someone can answer this for me besides this guy) if the phone will come with Classic pre-installed. I could have sworn that I heard a video that it will come pre-installed, but several others have told me it'll be a $49.99 3rd party app purchase.

Again, answer what you can w/o getting in trouble or worse yet, fired. These would be good to know, but I won't die if I can't know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Good info. I know of a few things you can have your friend check or you for that matter.

1) People are curious to know if it will have Visual Voicemail out of the box. Confirm if possible?

2) I wanted to know (maybe someone can answer this for me besides this guy) if the phone will come with Classic pre-installed. I could have sworn that I heard a video that it will come pre-installed, but several others have told me it'll be a $49.99 3rd party app purchase.

Again, answer what you can w/o getting in trouble or worse yet, fired. These would be good to know, but I won't die if I can't know now.
    I read that Classic will be an add on so that Palm could cut Access out of the picture. Everyone's making up stuff so who knows, just throwing that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I read that Classic will be an add on so that Palm could cut Access out of the picture. Everyone's making up stuff so who knows, just throwing that out there.
    It is 3rd party. I won't be included...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I would honestly hope it is separate if only because many of us don't need or want it and would rather not have it added to the cost of the phone. I said goodbye to Palm after my Treo 650 and migrated everything to WM apps. I'm looking forward to going back but I won't be needing any classic PalmOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post

1) The Pre advocate I spoke with yesterday said it didn't come with Visual Voicemail

2) He also stated it didn't have Classic installed on it either. It just had the basic programs on it, I asked if he could elaborate on that and he stated that he couldn't go any further. He stated it just had the App Store Logo on it, but he hadn't attempted to go into it yet.

He also stated battery life was excellent compared to his Touch Pro, "WAY BETTER". He also went on to say that the were given very tight instructions not to discuss the Pre or anything else. He stated he would be receiving more training on Monday. One thing he did say is that Sprint is trying to get enough Touch Stones in, he said that they were worried that they would not have enough or any at launch. I asked him if knew how many phones they would have in, and he said he couldn't say, he said there store (Corporate Store) was expecting at least 100-200 people the 1st day, he said there store had been inundated with people calling and coming in asking about the Pre. I asked him if Premier Customers would get 1st dibs, he stated no, no one will have 1st dibs. There's no waiting list or anything else. He said they will be sold on a 1st come 1st serve basis only. I asked him if I could see it, and he said it can't leave the back room at all. He said its a great device, feels solid, slider is good, OS is awesome and the web browsing is very fast. He also confirmed that the keyboard is like the Treo Pro, except spaced out a little more. He was a cool guy but he was scared to say to much about it out of fear of being fired or getting in trouble. Before I left he stated "You'll know more next week, trust me."
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast