Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    8gb? Nope

kb? No, that's more you either like it or hate it

http://www.precentral.net/full-video-palm-pre-action 4:08 mark or so

It's the charging part for me and having to remove that covering to plug it in. This is going to suck for someone who's always charging. In the car especially.

The touchstone allows you to bypass this and that's the main reason for me to buy one. I hope to see something for the car that allows you to bypass this as well.

But how many phones have you used with the charger on the side of the device with a covering? I can't think of any besides my first dumbphone many years ago.
    this is a really good point. I usllay keep my Treo / centro plugged in at my desk (in the stand) or in the car all the time. The battery dies too quickly. the battery life on the opre is still in question, but even if it has a great battery, power users will in this annoying.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    This is kind of bugging me to.

I'll probably end up with a Touchstone, but even so, I'm going to want to use that port to move files on/off the Pre via USB. I'm considering just removing the annoying little cover.

The cover keeps dust out and I guess it improves the lines of the device. But it's not going to affect oxidation/corrosion of the contacts which is my main worry on connectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    But how many phones have you used with the charger on the side of the device with a covering? I can't think of any besides my first dumbphone many years ago.
    The Instinct S30 is like that. Doesn't register with me one way or the other, but I'll probably get a Touchstone at some point anyway.
    its doesnt have 4g
    I will be permanently removing my cover. Plenty of laptops have their ports open w/o any issues.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Yeah just rip it off. i did that with my nextel's back in the day.
    Most annoying part for me is that it won't have a tethering app out of the box. That's the only thing I will have to give up from my Touch Pro, although I imagine a 3rd party tethering app will come out soon enough....they always do.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The usb covering is actually very easy to open once you slide open the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    The usb covering is actually very easy to open once you slide open the phone.
    have you used the phone already? Your comment suggests you've done this urself ?
    da Gimp

I hate those little fiddly doors. Touchstone will fix that problem for me though.
    Touchstone= no problem charging @ home or in the office.
    Working on getting ProClip to make an induction charging car cradle. Unfortunately Palm sucks *ss when it comes to giving up a phone, dummy, non-working model or whatever to them to develop one ahead of time. Imagine that. Actually having some cool accessories ready for the phone at or close to the launch date. Tired of Palm branded generic stuff that can be had from 3rd parties at a fraction of the cost.

Actually, an induction cradle could be made with their adjustable holder and people could make use of their wildcharge enabled phones along with that other company someone posted that is doing something similar.

I had a door on my i500, and a little finesse and persistence allowed the rubber door to be removed without actually tearing it off so you didn't leave a little raised rubber tear.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Ruby wanted a smooth riverstone - hence no open ports.

i dont want to fumble with that flimsy door either.

look for a new touchstone car charger coming next. they said it was a "family" of products.
    I'm sorry.

Am I the only one capable of pulling out a plastic cap?

Do all of you only use sports bottles as the cap to the water is too much for you?

Just pull the damn cover off if you don't want it. I don't understand how this is really an issue as its easily solvable.
    I think a slider door, solid plastic, would've been nicer than a pop out rubber door. I also like the way BB phones can charge with the metal contacts, similar to how Harmony remotes charge among other things.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I think a slider door, solid plastic, would've been nicer than a pop out rubber door. I also like the way BB phones can charge with the metal contacts, similar to how Harmony remotes charge among other things.
    It would kind of defeat the purpose of their whole TouchStone line up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I'm sorry.

Do all of you only use sports bottles as the cap to the water is too much for you?

Just pull the damn cover off if you don't want it. I don't understand how this is really an issue as its easily solvable.
    get off your high horse. it's a nuisance and an inelegant solution.
    1. i wish the Touchstone could sync data too.
    2. a Touchstone for the car is probably coming. maybe they could take a current touchstone and shrink it down and have it connect to the back of the inductive back in similar fashion (magnetic) to the new Macbook power connectors? i believe Palm is working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I'm sorry.

it's an extra step for something that is a very common process. example: what if to slide the phone open u had to unlock the keyboard first? It's an extra step which is not worth it to the user.
    da Gimp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast