Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    magnets in the car probably wouldn't be a good idea. A pothole or two and your phone is flying. A traditional cradle or at least something that just offers some lateral and bottom support would be good if you are going to make use of the magnets.
    I say, a touchstone cradle would be FTW. Like those stupid ones you glue onto your dash or tape them, and your phone sits in there with the two side arms to hold it in place, and behind that would be the "touchstone" like device built in.
    I'd rather use this adjustable holder and pick apart a touchstone to see if I can integrate it into the holder. Those cheap vice grip ones always looked tacky. I remember using them years ago. Crossing my fingers ProClip gets that going. The woman I talked to at Palm forwarded the head guy's info at ProClip to the right people. As of yet, nothing has come of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Like those stupid ones you glue onto your dash or tape them, and your phone sits in there with the two side arms to hold it in place, and behind that would be the "touchstone" like device built in.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    magnets in the car probably wouldn't be a good idea. A pothole or two and your phone is flying. A traditional cradle or at least something that just offers some lateral and bottom support would be good if you are going to make use of the magnets.
    a basic simple plug-in cord with no lockdown is what most of the free world uses now and the world is safe regardless.

i don't want no cradle. the less junk and contraptions in my car, the better. of course, i don't have DUBS on my car either.
    that's what i use know, but i don't like it at all. Tried a few different cradle type items. didn;t really work to well. Count me as one person who would like a more elegant solution
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Dust and lint got into the slot where the door broke on that other phone I had. So is it really a good thing to take the door off?
    Dust and lint caused your phone to go dead in the water? My iPhone has no problem with Apple's huge iPod adapter uncovered - or their 3.5 mm headphone jack. All 3 of my Moto Qs seemed to somehow survive with their hyper-sensitive miniUSB ports open to the perils of the environment. C'mon Phone Diva, you're usually more constructive than this. Did you really experience phone problems because a cheap little plastic afterthought broke off? Do you drag your phone on a leash in the dirt behind you? Are your pockets filled with big clods of lint? Really?
    It worked for a while, but then something finally broke off from the inside of the slot. I think having the door off not only let in dust and lint that weren't good for the phone, but made the connector more vulnerable too. It could have just been bad luck though, because this never happened on my iPhone either. Although I do keep dust and lint away from that port as much as possible.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Although I do keep dust and lint away from that port as much as possible.
    Now THAT is the right way to treat an expensive, delicate device.
    magnets in the car probably wouldn't be a good idea.
    Rare earth magnets FTW. Of course you might need a crowbar to get it off and your data will mysteriously be gone every time, but it'll be secure.
    how about Touchstone came with a car charger....just superglue the Touchstone to the space on the center colsole and hide the cord. So all you have to do is lay the Pre on the touchstone and YIPPIE!!....instant charging!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    how about Touchstone came with a car charger....just superglue the Touchstone to the space on the center colsole and hide the cord. So all you have to do is lay the Pre on the touchstone and YIPPIE!!....instant charging!!!!

IGO
    All depends on how strong the Touchstone's magnets are. I don't want my Pre to go flying into the windshield/stereo if I have to slam on the brakes.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Your post makes no sense. The reference was having a touchstone in the car for charging purposes, and the point was it'll need some sort of capture if it's going to stay put when taking a corner a bit too hard or hitting a pothole. Probably even more so if it's in the open position. It might stay on 80% of the time, but if I'm using it for nav or checking a quick text msg and hit a pothole and it ends up on the far corner of the floor on the passenger side, I'd be a bit annoyed.

And the ghetto references are meaningless. One simply doesn't relate to the other unless my mount has flashing blue LED's to match the blue neon undercarriage lights. I prefer to have something cleanly mounted then sliding around in a cubby hole, on the passenger seat or wherever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    a basic simple plug-in cord with no lockdown is what most of the free world uses now and the world is safe regardless.

i don't want no cradle. the less junk and contraptions in my car, the better. of course, i don't have DUBS on my car either.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    that would be BFU. Like my dash just grew a giant black pimple. And superglue? I'd go with Gekko's ghetto comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post

IGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    All depends on how strong the Touchstone's magnets are. I don't want my Pre to go flying into the windshield/stereo if I have to slam on the brakes.
    You could always put velcro on the top of the Touchstone and the back of the Pre. Sure it messes up the cosmetic look of both devices, but the real point is to use the Touchstone in a car no matter how impractical that might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You could always put velcro on the top of the Touchstone and the back of the Pre. Sure it messes up the cosmetic look of both devices, but the real point is to use the Touchstone in a car no matter how impractical that might be.
    Boo on Velcro! I'd rather hack together a clamp to hold the Pre in place than stick something like Velcro onto my Pre!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234