Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Oh, pullleeeeEEEEEZZZZZZZ!!!

I have a little rubber door over the charging port on my old Katana, and it is absolutely no big deal to use.
    i was joking, silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If you let the small things get to you, you're a bigger wuss than I thought, lol. I think the port cover should be the least of your worries at this moment..
    Christ in heaven dude, let it go already. If it upsets you that much that this person finds the battery cover annoying, take a deep breath, and hit the "back" button on your browser.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Christ in heaven dude, let it go already. If it upsets you that much that this person finds the battery cover annoying, take a deep breath, and hit the "back" button on your browser.
    well i'm upset that you're upset that he's upset that OP's upset about the door cover!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    get off your high horse. it's a nuisance and an inelegant solution.
    Who is on a high horse?

I just gave everyone a solution and people are ignoring it haha.

Priceless.

Cut the damn door off if its going to be annoying. Thats how you wanted it in the first place.
    i'm upset

;-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  6.    #46  
    Since that would leave a hole on the side of the phone where you grip the phone, its not exactly a solution. Thanks though

Seriously, its not a dealbreaker...just an annoyance. It does change the way i'm used to dealing with past phones. Although the touchstones offer a way around it except for the car, its a somewhat expensive way.
    There are actually a few phones with little doors that cover the charging port.

I wonder how durable that little door is. I once broke the door on another phone that had something similar. It's not exactly annoying but I would worry a bit every time I opened it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Every phone/smartphone comes with an implicit instruction card that says "You will charge this 700 to 1000 times over the life of this device". It's probably worth looking at what this entails for a second. If you had to remove the battery cover to plug in the charger, you would scream bloody murder. Is that lazy? Some people don't have good fingernails. Ever meet anyone who couldn't open a soda can?
    ur humor is not lost, but you did say something intresting. Why shouldn't a device w/ a rechargable battery come with documentation aproximating how long the battery will last?? Bulbs do. They come w/ a talk time. Why can;t they say how many charges it will tkae, to speak to the durablilty of the battery
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    get off your high horse. it's a nuisance and an inelegant solution.
    CORRECTION: It's a minor nuisance that can be easily fixed.

Anyone have a real problem to discuss? Like non-expandable memory?
    well i'm upset that you're upset that he's upset that OP's upset about the door cover!
    lol, Exactly.
    I don't have fingernails that are at all useful, so I just use the USB cable to open annoying little doors. Though I do think an innovative and user friendly solution, like a slider instead of a friction held door, would be appreciated.
    A slider would just get loose overtime and automatically sliding by itself because the "locking" mechanism would have worn down over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    ...But how many phones have you used with the charger on the side of the device with a covering? I can't think of any besides my first dumbphone many years ago.
    My company Nextel, Motorola i710, has a rubber cover over the charging slot.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

The Samsung i500 (Palm) had a rubber door over the headset jack. There were a few threads with many posts about it and the general consensus was to just ditch it. I don't remember any complaints about its absence. And the one comment about not having the door affecting the feel of the curve in your hand?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    THe cover is no big deal... pull it out and cut it off!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Is overall size an issue for some people? I just don't want a touch screen phone that's too small. (Which goes along the same lines as keyboard size)
    Dust and lint got into the slot where the door broke on that other phone I had. So is it really a good thing to take the door off?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    2. a Touchstone for the car is probably coming. maybe they could take a current touchstone and shrink it down and have it connect to the back of the inductive back in similar fashion (magnetic) to the new Macbook power connectors? i believe Palm is working on it.
    I am thinking the same thing. They can't release a desktop charger like that and not offer it for the car. Well, I guess they could...but it would be a bad idea not to give us a touchstone car option.
    magnets in the car probably wouldn't be a good idea. A pothole or two and your phone is flying. A traditional cradle or at least something that just offers some lateral and bottom support would be good if you are going to make use of the magnets.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast