Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    8gb? Nope

    kb? No, that's more you either like it or hate it

    http://www.precentral.net/full-video-palm-pre-action 4:08 mark or so

    It's the charging part for me and having to remove that covering to plug it in. This is going to suck for someone who's always charging. In the car especially.

    The touchstone allows you to bypass this and that's the main reason for me to buy one. I hope to see something for the car that allows you to bypass this as well.

    But how many phones have you used with the charger on the side of the device with a covering? I can't think of any besides my first dumbphone many years ago.
    So out of anything and everything on the phone.. YOU found the most and biggest problem of the WHOLE PHONE, was because you're too lazy to take the charging port off the phone? H-O-L-Y S-M-O-K-E-S... And I thought I had seen it all. You just took the cake.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    So out of anything and everything on the phone.. YOU found the most and biggest problem of the WHOLE PHONE, was because you're too lazy to take the charging port off the phone? H-O-L-Y S-M-O-K-E-S... And I thought I had seen it all. You just took the cake.
    Dude! he say it's "annoying" not the biggest problem w/ the phone. There is another thread for listing ur biggest "Concerns" many of us put the keyboard, ibelive cardfan did the same
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3. #23  
    no it wouldn't because the touchstone at the moment is only one product for one purpose, to sit on the desk. Doesn't help you on the go, in the car, with your laptop, using other people's computers and so on and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    It would kind of defeat the purpose of their whole TouchStone line up.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I'm sorry.

    Am I the only one capable of pulling out a plastic cap?

    Do all of you only use sports bottles as the cap to the water is too much for you?


    Just pull the damn cover off if you don't want it. I don't understand how this is really an issue as its easily solvable.
    < < Edited by Dieter. Easy folks > >

    If something as little AND as stupid is this, is classified to hundreds as "the most ANNOYING part of the pre..."? Wow.. Just wow..
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    no it wouldn't because the touchstone at the moment is only one product for one purpose, to sit on the desk. Doesn't help you on the go, in the car, with your laptop, using other people's computers and so on and so on.
    I understand, but don't you think this is being just a little too anal here? I mean, this is just being critical beyond belief.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    < < Edited by Dieter. Easy folks > >

    If something as little AND as stupid is this, is classified to hundreds as "the most ANNOYING part of the pre..."? Wow.. Just wow..
    the man is enttiled to his opinion. how about this : In your opinion, what do u think is the most annoying part of the phone?
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    the man is enttiled to his opinion. how about this : In your opinion, what do u think is the most annoying part of the phone?
    Well, Nothing. I am not so critical or anal about everything like the majority of you all are.

    There is no perfect phone out and never will be. The sooner you all accept that, the better off you'll be. It's purposely done.. if the perfect phone was to come out, there would be no reason for competition thus no continuing phone sales. There will always be a phone that came that close, but will never be 100%

    Everyone is just getting so lazy with having to do any work for anything. And I'm not talking about job-work.. I'm talking about this for example... Pulling the port cover off. Is it really that much of a hassle to do that? I'm reminded of the childrens movie, WallE.
  8. #28  
    maybe GM and Chrysler will come up with custom fitted Touchstones for Camaros, Trans Ams, and 300Cs?
  9. #29  
    Ture, no phone will be 100% perfect. Even if one was released that fullfilled one person desires 100%, new technology would soon arrive to change that.

    AS for being lazy - are expections are very high for these products. They are costly and are very personal due to there everyday position in our lives. For some of us the little things are a big deal.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  10. #30  
    Not trying to take sides here but we really don't know how hard it would be to take the cap off, especially on pre-production units.

    I know I saw a video where somebody was having a hard time opening it but that's not going to stop me. Maybe it'll loosen up a bit as you keep opening and closing it, then it'll become second nature.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Well, Nothing. I am not so critical or anal about everything like the majority of you all are.

    There is no perfect phone out and never will be. The sooner you all accept that, the better off you'll be. It's purposely done.. if the perfect phone was to come out, there would be no reason for competition thus no continuing phone sales. There will always be a phone that came that close, but will never be 100%

    Everyone is just getting so lazy with having to do any work for anything. And I'm not talking about job-work.. I'm talking about this for example... Pulling the port cover off. Is it really that much of a hassle to do that? I'm reminded of the childrens movie, WallE.
    I think it went over your head. The main point is that the connection is on the side of the device which will affect many that are used to having the connection on the bottom.

    I can see why you think it may be anal or nitpicking but it does change up the routine. No docks. Just a touchstone. How usable (or comfortable) will it be with a cord running out the side?
  12. #32  
    that's actually a good point - none of us have actually hled the phone.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I think it went over your head. The main point is that the connection is on the side of the device which will affect many that are used to having the connection on the bottom.

    I can see why you think it may be anal or nitpicking but it does change up the routine. No docks. Just a touchstone. How usable (or comfortable) will it be with a cord running out the side?
    Well, Blackberries seem to have no problems, with business users, teens, adults, etc.. ME.. It's not as bad as you are all making it out to be. Trust me.
  14. #34  
    think of all of the carpal tunnel lawsuits Palm will have due to the constant repetitive motion required to continuously fumble with such a small, flimsy door!
  15. #35  
    had a motorola krzr for a while. It had a plastic cover.. It worked great, my contact was always clean, and it took very little effort to open as long as you a millimeter of a fingernail.

    Now if this is gonna be rubber? well then its gonna be a little tougher to back in, but hey, palm was going for aesthetics. As someone mentioned earlier, its not too hard to just clip it right off, go get a pair of dike pliers (you should have one anyways if you call yourself a man and cut that bugger off. I myself will keep it on, because I have two hands, capable of taking an extra second to open up a cover...

    I've been opening rubber-maids for years.
    I love lolcats
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    HAHAHA, Exactly! I cannot believe people like this are allowed to walk around in public w/o a leash OR procreate..

    If something as little AND as stupid is this, is classified to hundreds as "the most ANNOYING part of the pre..."? Wow.. Just wow..
    Lighten up Francis.

    Sometimes its the small things that are most annoying. Like me having to explain this to you for instance

    Like i said, a touchstone will help mitigate it and the sooner one is made for the car the better.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Lighten up Francis.

    Sometimes its the small things that are most annoying. Like me having to explain this to you for instance

    Like i said, a touchstone will help mitigate it and the sooner one is made for the car the better.
    If you let the small things get to you, you're a bigger wuss than I thought, lol. I think the port cover should be the least of your worries at this moment..
  18. #38  
    Can everybody simma down here please?
  19. #39  
    does anyone here enjoy fumbling with the Centro's microSD door?
  20. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    think of all of the carpal tunnel lawsuits Palm will have due to the constant repetitive motion required to continuously fumble with such a small, flimsy door!
    Oh, pullleeeeEEEEEZZZZZZZ!!!

    I have a little rubber door over the charging port on my old Katana, and it is absolutely no big deal to use.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions