Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Saw this on another forum..

    Gizmodo - The Pre Costs $542.01 Without Subsidies According to Fine Print - Palm pre price

    The meticulous folks at gadgetell dug through the contest rules of an upcoming Sprint-sponsored Palm Pre giveaway. And according to the fine print, the Pre is valued at $542.01 without subscription subsidies. Surely this fact was listed only for tax purposes, but it's interesting to note all the same because Pre buyers who back out of their Sprint plans will probably negotiate this mighty fee.

    Does anyone know if there has been an official price point?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nosepicker View Post
    Saw this on another forum..

    Gizmodo - The Pre Costs $542.01 Without Subsidies According to Fine Print - Palm pre price

    The meticulous folks at gadgetell dug through the contest rules of an upcoming Sprint-sponsored Palm Pre giveaway. And according to the fine print, the Pre is valued at $542.01 without subscription subsidies. Surely this fact was listed only for tax purposes, but it's interesting to note all the same because Pre buyers who back out of their Sprint plans will probably negotiate this mighty fee.

    Does anyone know if there has been an official price point?
    There hasn't been an official price point communicated yet, and this information has been posted a number of times on this forum. Or, rather, the presumptive mathematics used to arrive at such a speculative price for the Pre has been posted.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "Pre buyers who back out of their Sprint plans will probably negotiate this mighty fee," but frankly I think $550 or so is a very fair and competitive retail price for the Pre. It's also about what I expect to pay given the 21 months left on my current Sprint contract--and I personally have no problem paying such a price for what I'm anticipating will be a very powerful and enjoyable device.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3. #3  
    this has already been mentioned in other threads.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry boys, just trying to contribute. I didn't see the article.. I'll try and look a little harder next time
  5. #5  
    I will not spend a cent over $542, looks like I am screwed
  6. #6  
    ha, well for the people out of contract, its certainly better than that 999.99 stuff they were throwing at you before..
  7. #7  
    you do have a current phone you can sell, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I will not spend a cent over $542, looks like I am screwed
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    you do have a current phone you can sell, no?
    I got a SWEET Nokia 6100... anybody want it??
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I got a SWEET Nokia 6100... anybody want it??
    hah
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nosepicker View Post
    Saw this on another forum..

    Gizmodo - The Pre Costs $542.01 Without Subsidies According to Fine Print - Palm pre price

    The meticulous folks at gadgetell dug through the contest rules of an upcoming Sprint-sponsored Palm Pre giveaway. And according to the fine print, the Pre is valued at $542.01 without subscription subsidies. Surely this fact was listed only for tax purposes, but it's interesting to note all the same because Pre buyers who back out of their Sprint plans will probably negotiate this mighty fee.

    Does anyone know if there has been an official price point?
    stop pmsing, like you said it's not subsidized. Afterwards if can be anywhere form 200 to free. damn!
  11. #11  
    That's weird. Engadget did the same thing the other day and came up with $470.
  12. #12  
    Why is this a big deal? A look at Sprint's website shows that this isn't too bad of a price:

    8330 Curve: $569
    Treo755p: $579
    Treo Pro: $549
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    That's weird. Engadget did the same thing the other day and came up with $470.
    It's fuzzy math (and dependent upon whether or not you're figuring in taxes).
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  14. #14  
    I dont think Sprint would include taxes in their calculations. $550 retail with a "cost" of $542 to dealers sounds about right.

Posting Permissions