Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PreThinking View Post
    I have the story right here and didn't tip any other sites yet. PreThinking - Guest Login(Update: sorry it's on unpublished mode, so you'll need my login to see it)
    Won't post it till i get the green light from the dude...
    omg...
    too late i sent them to engadget and gizmodo and told them to send me some goodies...
    this will be huge tomorrow...
    prethinking, you already wrote a story? that was pretty fast o_O
    the guy is following you guys on twitter btw. check him out.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yup. The Pre seems bigger in ads, for some reason, but it always looks small when a real person is holding it. It's too small, if you ask me, for a lot of extended tasks.
    that might be because the guy seems huge and his twitter picture shows him carrying weights... so... that might have something to do with it :P
    look at the pre unboxing video, the pre looks huge there because a woman is holding it.
    average woman and big guy that works out don't have same hand size xP
    I wonder if they made him sign a NDA? I mean, when they gave him the Pre, he should have gotten the lecture from his boss about posting pics of it and all that.

And again...for those of you surprised by the size of the Pre....find a HTC Touch...they are the same size! Also, if you go to the www.sprint.com/pre site, the Pre spinning there is right around actual size. I held my Touch next to it, and on my 23" screen with 1920 x 1200 resolution, it seems right on the money, actually, it's probably a tad bit smaller on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    Maybe we can say he photoshopped the whole thing.
    Photoshopped sounds good. But how would one argue FOR it being photoshopped?
    Isn't there technology that can discern a photoshopped image in opposition to a non tampered image?
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    omg...
    too late i sent them to engadget and gizmodo and told them to send me some goodies...
    this will be huge tomorrow...
    prethinking, you already wrote a story? that was pretty fast o_O
    the guy is following you guys on twitter btw. check him out.

---

that might be because the guy seems huge and his twitter picture shows him carrying weights... so... that might have something to do with it :P
    look at the pre unboxing video, the pre looks huge there because a woman is holding it.
    average woman and big guy that works out don't have same hand size xP
    I was on the story minutes after he posted the first pic. but I've decided to not publish it...
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I wonder if they made him sign a NDA? I mean, when they gave him the Pre, he should have gotten the lecture from his boss about posting pics of it and all that.
    Thats what I'm wondering. I don't see anyone giving him this and saying go for it.. I'm sure they told him something about not showing it. I mean come on... And if he is new, I'm sure they would really stress not showing it too.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    hey PRR u think we should may b send them an email asking them to may b crop out the guys face?
    @mvpsanto: I think is too late now,
    he should have known, now they are in twitterpics even though he deleted them.
    I feel so guilty, maybe one day I will woke up to the sounds of a brick shattering my window.
    I mean a business representative... that's a great job and he probably lost it because of the OP, himself, and you and I... OMG OMG OMG.
    prethinking is there anything we can do? D:
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I sort of feel bad for this guy, but kinda wonder what's really going on here....

1. All the pics are in the back room of a Sprint Store.
    2. We heard earlier today that the demo models were trickling out to Sprint Stores
    3. He's wearing two entirely different sets of clothes, yet the pics are in the same place. Did he go home, change to "go out" and then after going out head back to the Sprint Store (that is closed, obviously, at this hour) just to play with the phone again???

Sounds like this is the demo phone and he's been playing with it all day.

Not to be insensitive to the fact that this guy might (and probably will) lose his job over this, but seems kinda fishy....like he shouldn't have been using/playing with the phone, or at the very least, shouldn't have been bragging to his friends over Twitter about it.

Given the ramp up to this release and the obviously Level 10 secrecy about the Pre, I don't know how someone could be confused about whether or not this would be a good idea at all (especially a Sprint employee).

He might be receiving a call from Ed or Dan soon....kinda sad. I agree, don't fan the flames and hopefully he'll be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    @mvpsanto: I think is too late now,
    he should have known, now they are in twitterpics even though he deleted them.
    I feel so guilty, maybe one day I will woke up to the sounds of a brick shattering my window.
    I mean a business representative... that's a great job and he probably lost it because of the OP, himself, and you and I... OMG OMG OMG.
    prethinking is there anything we can do? D:
    I'm sure it's not too late. They would have no problem censoring the pics if you bring it to their attention.
    but they recieve so many tweets, I will let them know.

also, @Philip Lam, how are you contacting him?? over tweeter? please let us know so we can help him.
    He is really freaking out, he doesn't know what to do at this point... He said he at least wants the pics blurred. He only wanted to show those to his friends, not Pre-fanatics like you and I that searches "Palm Pre" on Twitter...
    He's following me, I'm following him, I can direct message him via twitter.
    Pulling back the reins on this one will be pretty much impossible now.
    Just call me Berd.
    oh crap.
    ask him what can we do, I tried messaging him since he is also following me(go figure), but he is ignoring me.
    alright well i just send them another email telling them if they can maybe censore the guys face out or something because we was all concerned about him losing hes job .. well see what happenes . maybe we should all send an email to engadget telling them the same thing so we can make sure they do something about it !
    There's already a linkback from this thread.

Pics of Pre in wild! - Palm WebOS Forum
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    If you really think you can stop the fallout.

Get in touch with Dieter ASAP and have him make this thread (and all the links) VANISH....and I mean like 30 min ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    alright well i just send them another email telling them if they can maybe censore the guys face out or something because we was all concerned about him losing hes job .. well see what happenes
    OK guys, I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but you have his face uncensored right here on this forum. I think some of you may want to go back and edit your posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK guys, I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but you have his face uncensored right here on this forum. I think some of you may want to go back and edit your posts...
    Good point.
    he has protected his updates, wow... this has become very serious.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast