Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 305
  1. FireFish's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Grandma didn't sign a contract stating she wasn't allowed to fall.
    Again, this is not a jury. This is a forum of Treo fanatics, who should be looking out for one another. I myself am an iPhone user (ex-Treo), and I still feel for this guy.
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    Again, this is not a jury. This is a forum of Treo fanatics, who should be looking out for one another. I myself am an iPhone user (ex-Treo), and I still feel for this guy.
    I don't own a Treo. Or any palm device at the moment. Or an iPhone or any other smartphone for that matter.

    But I do know business. You sign a contract -> You keep the contract -> You are happy. Fail to keep that contract -> You sign up for CareerBuilder.com

    As is stated on the front page of this site: We don't want anyone losing their job for sending us stuff.

    Why should be go out of our way to protect someone who won't protect himself? We covered his face (which is more that we are obligated to) and others didn't so he gets fired. No remorse from me.
  3. FireFish's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    I don't own a Treo. Or any palm device at the moment. Or an iPhone or any other smartphone for that matter.

    But I do know business. You sign a contract -> You keep the contract -> You are happy. Fail to keep that contract -> You sign up for CareerBuilder.com

    As is stated on the front page of this site: We don't want anyone losing their job for sending us stuff.

    Why should be go out of our way to protect someone who won't protect himself? We covered his face (which is more that we are obligated to) and others didn't so he gets fired. No remorse from me.
    I never even went so far to say go out of your way for him to protect him by covering his face. I think that was a nice 'above & beyond' move. I was more against the school of thought that was saying 'screw him'.
  4. #264  
    Hey guys, notice in Berds link in his msg# 77, in the last pic the has a wedding ring on and in the first 2 pics there is nor ring. Just an observation.
  5. FireFish's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
    Hey guys, notice in Berds link in his msg# 77, in the last pic the has a wedding ring on and in the first 2 pics there is nor ring. Just an observation.
    I have the originals (before the edits); that's because he's a different person.

    First two = 1 guy; 3rd pic - 2nd guy (wearing a button down shirt).
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    What do you care about his responsibility level? You need to realize that you aren't his boss, hence you can't offer the option of disciplining him without firing him. We all know here that he'd be fired the second they find out about this. He's probably crapping his pants reading this now.

    The only reason one would want to teach someone a lesson that they have no relation or interaction with would be because they're somehow upset that it's not fair that this person can do this & get away with it while I can't.

    I don't want anything to happen to him. I'm also not sitting here making excuses for him either.

    He did what he did, now he has to face the consequences, if any. I see no reason to defend him or crucify him. Its not my concern.

    My comment was only that many in this nation feel the need to constantly make excuses for themselves and others as to why their mistakes or muckfups shouldn't count against them. I see no reason to do that here nor for anyone else.

    This isn't grammar school where you put your name on the board and get a check mark if you screw up. In the real world you can lose your job, get sued, go to jail etc... Maybe he will learn his without losing his job. We'll probably never know but I bet he won't make that mistake again.
  7. cyndy's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    I have the originals (before the edits); that's because he's a different person.

    First two = 1 guy; 3rd pic - 2nd guy (wearing a button down shirt).
    i just looked at the uncensored pics. if they are different guys, they were identical twins separated at birth.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
  8. FireFish's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    i just looked at the uncensored pics. if they are different guys, they were identical twins separated at birth.
    If they're the same (I couldn't tell since he was wearing a hat in 2/3 of them), he was clearly dressed differently.

    Maybe he likes not wearing a ring when he goes to the gym. Who knows.
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    Again, this is not a jury. This is a forum of Treo fanatics, who should be looking out for one another. I myself am an iPhone user (ex-Treo), and I still feel for this guy.
    Sorry, I disagree completely. I'm not so infatuated with a phone that I feel I should be "looking out for" someone who was in the wrong.

    If his boss decides to cut him a break, great. That's his perogative. If his boss decides to make an object lesson out of him, I understand that perfectly, and don't disagree with him. I don't "wish" things to happen one way or the other, but the notion that I should be "looking out for him" because I like a certain phone is nonsens.

    Why should I not be as supportive of the person managing the store that is selling the phone?
  10. cyndy's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    If they're the same (I couldn't tell since he was wearing a hat in 2/3 of them), he was clearly dressed differently.

    Maybe he likes not wearing a ring when he goes to the gym. Who knows.
    yes, sometimes people change their clothing. i was going by the identical facial structure & features.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
  11. #271  
    FYI..

    It's the West Side Madison, WI store. He is a new employee for all I know. I worked at the East Side Madison store until March. I filled in at the West side a few different times and never saw or met him. We would have comibined meetings as well and as of March he didn't work there. Rookie mistake, hope he doesnt get fired, but if so it's good to know somebody else got fired from the Madison area.
  12. #272  
    I actually feel kinda bad for the guy. Everyone's incessant need for information has those with information, even a small tidbit, clamoring to release it throwing all caution to the wind. With this economy I feel really bad for the guy if he lost his job, I really do. It was dumb what he did, but dang a brother should get a break!
  13. #273  
    bad karma. you don't sell people out.

    "Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." Jimmy Conway Goodfellas

    "Never give up your friends, Dave. No matter what." - Carlito Brigante - Carlito's Way
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparnut View Post
    FYI..

    It's the West Side Madison, WI store. He is a new employee for all I know. I worked at the East Side Madison store until March. I filled in at the West side a few different times and never saw or met him. We would have comibined meetings as well and as of March he didn't work there. Rookie mistake, hope he doesnt get fired, but if so it's good to know somebody else got fired from the Madison area.

    sounds like u are an insider. Can you contact a friend at the store he works. See if he lost his job?
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post

    While I hear your point of view, I hate people who actually live like this. Yes, you'd be correct if I was a Defendant and you were a Prosecutor in a court of law, but this situation is far from that.
    You're gonna get all bureaucratic when the poor schmuck's job is clearly at stake? Yes, he's missing a few brain cells, clearly. Or maybe he just did something STUPID, like everyone does every now & then. But what pisses me off more about people who think like you is that if, for whatever the reason, it were YOU in those pictures and your job was at stake, you wouldn't be so quick to show your bureaucratic side, would you?.

    Your advice to your daughter is absolutely correct. But humans make mistakes, and even though this turned out to be a big one, I feel for the poor *******. There's nothing wrong with helping someone out every once in a while, just like he thought he was doing when he posted these photos.

    It's philosophies like yours that are destroying the little bit of decency that you'd find in our modern day society.
    As it is, I walk the streets of NYC and may see an old woman take a fall, just to watch from afar how many people within inches of her just walk by adjusting their iPods and focusing on their cell phone conversations while walking. But you're right, she should have had a walker.

    You're no different.


    "A Wise Man Once Said, "Treat Others The Way You'd Like Them To Treat You".
    You have no idea how different I am...and we are clearly very different from each other. Flame away...but you won't argue my values away.

    Let's start with your "I hate people" line. Man, I would normally just stop reading there because you clearly have issues. That perspective really is screwed up. Seriously. You can dislike someone's actions or words, but to translate that into hatred of the actual person is both disturbing and implies that you are really operating on an immature emotional level. Flame away, but that sentiment really is disturbing.

    Frankly, I'm not sure that society is any worse than it has been in terms of personal decency than any other point in human history, but if there is one item that I find troubling, it is the tendency for many folks to no longer accept any personal responsibility for their actions. If this guy wasn't required to sign an NDA, then there is no issue...but if he was and he violated it, then there are consequences. In most cases where one signs an NDA, honoring it is a condition of employment. The employee understands that, accepts it, and agrees to it contractually. If they don't want to do so, they can move on. No one has a gun to their head...but if you willingly accept that agreement, you are expected to keep it. Yes, there are contractual aspects that require you to do so, but there is also something called "honor" and "your word" that should also apply.

    Your example of the woman falling is specious. Let's choose an example that is more analogous. Your teenage daughter goes to the doctor for a test. The doctor diagnoses her with an STD. Instead of keeping the information confidential, he shares it as gossip with his family...and then the info gets out...copies of the report showing up on the internet. Who cares right? He just made a mistake. Wrong. He violated a trust that was extended to him...and failed to meet his obligations under that trust...and there should be consequences.

    There is no gray line here as far as I am concerned...assuming that there even is an NDA here. Of course, I am an adult...not a child...so I accept personal responsibility. No, I wouldn't have a different point of view if I was in this situation...because I am each day. I am bound under numerous NDAs and also have a DoD security clearance. In my world, I would easily get fired for such behavior...and if it related to classified information, I could then be jailed. I accept that...and act accordingly. That's also not just because of the potential consequences, it is also because I have sense of honor to keep my word and a sense of duty to both my employer and our clients. I have a family too...so I factor that into my behavior and decision making.

    Let's assume that there is an NDA in place, which most folks here seem to believe. If that's the case, then what disturbs me the most is that so many folks think that the biggest issue is that he showed his face rather than the fact that he (may have) violated an NDA. Face hidden or not, the act is wrong. It's a conscious act to break your word and violate a contract (which could potentially hurt your employer)...and I find such behavior reprehensible. Would I fire someone for such behavior? In a heartbeat.

    Your mileage (and values) may vary.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  16. #276  
    being a hard a$$ only gets you so far in life.
  17. #277  
    I feel bad for him and appreciate him hooking us up with info....

    But at the same time he did something stupid.


    But most of us will do something stupid in life but we learn from said stupidity.


    World keeps on spinning.
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    being a hard a$$ only gets you so far in life.
    Yeah, look what it did to "scuba_steve", - govt. related job, interesting hobby, clear personal values - what a loser...
  19. #279  
    I am so glad that juries are in fact made up of 12 people. If it were left up to only a few intolerable, self righteous people there would be way more people in jail and not enough compassion. I wonder just how many people have some hidden things no one knows about, that could land them in a worst situation then losing a job, are all for HIM being fired. Just a thought. Its always so easy to just say he should be fired. Does he have a family, a wife, children, taking care of sick parents, etc.. You never even know. It was wrong what he did but there really are worst things in the world he couldve done. Seriously.
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    I am so glad that juries are in fact made up of 12 people. If it were left up to only a few intolerable, self righteous people there would be way more people in jail and not enough compassion. I wonder just how many people have some hidden things no one knows about, that could land them in a worst situation then losing a job, are all for HIM being fired. Just a thought. Its always so easy to just say he should be fired. Does he have a family, a wife, children, taking care of sick parents, etc.. You never even know. It was wrong what he did but there really are worst things in the world he couldve done. Seriously.
    In a jury, you don't base your decision on "compassion"......seriously.


    The judge bases the sentence on compassion, but the jury is just there to determine if the defendant committed a crime.

Posting Permissions