Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Oh man! Great mornining treat! everything is still here... I had to go over the thread to laugh again though.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    dam all our hard work to try to keep that guys picture off the web and now prethinking.com just ruined it
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    dam all our hard work to try to keep that guys picture off the web and now prethinking.com just ruined it
    I wondered about that too.
    He was all for shutting these threads down and then he goes and posts a Front Page article with Uncensored Pics.
    Just call me Berd.
    He probably got the go-ahead from mike
    I forgot to delete the post(It was set to unpublished), My other blogger on the site didn't know what was going on, seeing every other blogs with the censored version of the pics, he went ahead and publish it... I know it's my fault and I've taken down the post now.
    It is too late now...
    Those pictures are out and about.
    I don't mean to be insensitive, but why is it our job to protect someone who most likely signed an NDA and then violated it? As I always tell my daughter, don't take a picture that you would be ashamed seeing all over the internet.

Sure, I want Pre info as much as anyone...and I will look at any pics that are available...but I wouldn't encourage someone to violate an NDA...and I sure as hell don't violate any that I sign in my day-to-day life. If I sign one, I honor it. That's what you are supposed to do. If he signed one, then he most likely *deserves* some sort of admonishment.

If he hasn't signed an NDA, then no big deal. If he has and then violated it, then it's certainly a bigger deal for him...but I don't see why we are gnashing our teeth. Frankly, I don't have much respect for anyone who violates an NDA...face hidden or not.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    It is too late now...
    Those pictures are out and about.
    Yep, I saved them
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    As I always tell my daughter, don't take a picture that you would be ashamed seeing all over the internet.
    I tell my students that ALL the time. Don't upload pictures on facebook that you wouldn't show to your parents....of course, most do it anyway.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

I don't mean to be insensitive, but why is it our job to protect someone who most likely signed an NDA and then violated it? As I always tell my daughter, don't take a picture that you would be ashamed seeing all over the internet.

Sure, I want Pre info as much as anyone...and I will look at any pics that are available...but I wouldn't encourage someone to violate an NDA...and I sure as hell don't violate any that I sign in my day-to-day life. If I sign one, I honor it. That's what you are supposed to do. If he signed one, then he most likely *deserves* some sort of admonishment.

If he hasn't signed an NDA, then no big deal. If he has and then violated it, then it's certainly a bigger deal for him...but I don't see why we are gnashing our teeth. Frankly, I don't have much respect for anyone who violates an NDA...face hidden or not.
    I may not have respect for his rule breaking, but that doesn't mean I'm going to turn him into the police for doing something I want to see.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Wow, I'm just reading this but in hindsight, where is the flashy thing when you need it?

btw, is it confirmed that he lost his job? It was just a few pictures, showing nothing we didn't already know.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    Wow, I'm just reading this but in hindsight, where is the flashy thing when you need it?

btw, is it confirmed that he lost his job? It was just a few pictures, showing nothing we didn't already know.
    He broke the NDA, its not really about the pictures.

You know I don't believe the store manager and advocates are under a separate NDA. I think the managers and advocates have just been reminded of their existing employment agreements.

NDA are almost always for non employees. I have signed consulting and contractor NDAs, negotiation NDAs and even visitor NDAs, as statutory employee NDA is generally already in employment agreement. In an employee agreement the deterrent is already there (after all you are not going to do more than fire $10/hour employees you aren't going after them for damages). There is probably just a series of memos stating enforcement will be stringent on the Pre.

I think Sprint gains benefit from the leaks and hype, and they and Palm are certainly behind much of it. But an individual flaunting the behavior agaisnt policy with a picture of himself sent to a major site is going to get fired if only because it effects other employee behavior in future if not disciplined.
    BTW IMO: the best thread since the announcement thread in Jan.

I can't believe there are over 250 posts about a few pictures....
    How do we even know there is more than just the one demo phone he is showing us?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    I can't believe there are over 250 posts about a few pictures....
    How do we even know there is more than just the one demo phone he is showing us?
    the drama isn't really about the pre. it's more about the guy's stupid mug in the pics.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

While I hear your point of view, I hate people who actually live like this. Yes, you'd be correct if I was a Defendant and you were a Prosecutor in a court of law, but this situation is far from that.
    You're gonna get all bureaucratic when the poor schmuck's job is clearly at stake? Yes, he's missing a few brain cells, clearly. Or maybe he just did something STUPID, like everyone does every now & then. But what pisses me off more about people who think like you is that if, for whatever the reason, it were YOU in those pictures and your job was at stake, you wouldn't be so quick to show your bureaucratic side, would you?.

Your advice to your daughter is absolutely correct. But humans make mistakes, and even though this turned out to be a big one, I feel for the poor *******. There's nothing wrong with helping someone out every once in a while, just like he thought he was doing when he posted these photos.

It's philosophies like yours that are destroying the little bit of decency that you'd find in our modern day society.
    As it is, I walk the streets of NYC and may see an old woman take a fall, just to watch from afar how many people within inches of her just walk by adjusting their iPods and focusing on their cell phone conversations while walking. But you're right, she should have had a walker.

You're no different.

"A Wise Man Once Said, "Treat Others The Way You'd Like Them To Treat You".
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post

While I hear your point of view, I hate people who actually live like this. Yes, you'd be correct if I was a Defendant and you were a Prosecutor in a court of law, but this situation is far from that.
    You're gonna get all bureaucratic when the poor schmuck's job is clearly at stake? Yes, he's missing a few brain cells, clearly. Or maybe he just did something STUPID, like everyone does every now & then. But what pisses me off more about people who think like you is that if, for whatever the reason, it were YOU in those pictures and your job was at stake, you wouldn't be so quick to show your bureaucratic side, would you?.

Your advice to your daughter is absolutely correct. But humans make mistakes, and even though this turned out to be a big one, I feel for the poor *******. There's nothing wrong with helping someone out every once in a while, just like he thought he was doing when he posted these photos.

It's philosophies like yours that are destroying the little bit of decency that you'd find in our modern day society.
    As it is, I walk the streets of NYC and may see an old woman take a fall, just to watch from afar how many people within inches of her just walk by adjusting their iPods and focusing on their cell phone conversations while walking. But you're right, she should have had a walker.

You're no different.

"A Wise Man Once Said, "Treat Others The Way You'd Like Them To Treat You".

Actually i think the bigger issue is people always looking for an excuse as to why they should be let off the hook and personal responsibility is pretty much being thrown out the window.

This guy will get a lesson in personal responsibility. Not that I hope he loses his job, I do feel for him. Even if he was stupid in what he did. That said actions lead to consequences regardless of how good or naive your intentions are.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    Grandma didn't sign a contract stating she wasn't allowed to fall.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Actually i think the bigger issue is people always looking for an excuse as to why they should be let off the hook and personal responsibility is pretty much being thrown out the window.

This guy will get a lesson in personal responsibility. Not that I hope he loses his job, I do feel for him. Even if he was stupid in what he did. That said actions lead to consequences regardless of how good or naive your intentions are.
    What do you care about his responsibility level? You need to realize that you aren't his boss, hence you can't offer the option of disciplining him without firing him. We all know here that he'd be fired the second they find out about this. He's probably crapping his pants reading this now.

The only reason one would want to teach someone a lesson that they have no relation or interaction with would be because they're somehow upset that it's not fair that this person can do this & get away with it while I can't.