1.    #1  
    Too bad, not a price war.

However with new iPhone 3.0 and Pre leading the pack we have a bunch of new smartphone options hitting. And perfect! my contract is up just in time! A bunch, and I do mean a bunch of Andriod phones are coming headed by the HTC Magic. HTC also has got the touch Pro, and some other BB style phones. BB has a whole new wave of phones coming with the Storm 2 just leaked hours ago! and more leaks to come. Nokia's got the N97... list goes on and on!

Prepare!
    which one are you gonna get?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    P is for Palm Pre. It's good enough for me.
  4.    #4  
    Right now I'm looking at a BB or Pre.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    great thread, bro
    I sure hope that Palm knows "What lies in the Shadow of the Statue" only way to guarantee victory in this oncoming war....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    I sure hope that Palm knows "What lies in the Shadow of the Statue" only way to guarantee victory in this oncoming war....
    Severe storms in Illinois last night. My satellite cut out right at the end.
    I'll have to watch it on line tponight.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

For me it's Pre or iPhone.
    I've had an iPhone and really liked it, but it was definitely lacking in some areas.

I've used both BB and Android phones and they're just not for me.
    Windows mobile, I don't think I'll ever get another Windows Mobile phone.

My contract is up in June so I'm going to wait for the Pre release and see how it goes, then see what Apple has to say and decide then.
    ...unless something else sneaks in there that we aren't even aware of yet.
    Right Now I am looking strongly at the pre. It would take something REALLY good to change my mind. But I am open.
    Android is looking good.
    I wonder what Microsoft has up their sleeves. I still have a ton of WinMo software form my Dell Axim Days. HTC Touch Pro 2 seems kinda nice

iphone is pretty much out for several reasons.
    Blackberry.......I could go for a blackberry. Theit Apps seem kinda wonky compared to apps from other platforms.

But really, it all comes back to the pre barring anything crazy fromother camps.

I agree that there is goig to be an all out smartphone war this summer.
    storm 2 is coming. should be a big hit as well
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The Storm 2......looks like the Storm.

I hated the Storm's build. Just big and bulky it felt like. Wasn't a fan of the clicky screen either.

For me its likely down to:

Pre vs iPhone depending on what's announced vs Project Pink depending on what's announced.
    I wouldn't count on the Storm 2 joining the war until later in the fall.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Ille qui nos omnis servabit.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Ille qui nos omnis servabit.
    Pre Who Will Save Us All.....

Seriously though, this summer does indeed look to be the summer of a potential onslaught of blockbuster phones, I'm DEFINITLY getting the Pre, but also as I'm on At&T and won't be porting I'm about 80% sure I'll picking up the new iPhone as well to replace my 3G....

Also you've got the Nokia N-97 which looks promising, the Android Magic, the Jack, and the Storm 2 which is rumored for September and will include WiFi and a more traditional capacitive screen and it's gonna be one hot summer!!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I wouldn't count on the Storm 2 joining the war until later in the fall.
    I read somewhere it was gonna be late Sept/Oct time frame.

But I guess the new storm, according to reports at BGR, it won't that that surepress crap like Storm 1, it will be more like true capacitive touch screen.
    Pre Who Will Save Us All.....

Seriously though, this summer does indeed look to be the summer of a potential onslaught of blockbuster phones, I'm DEFINITLY getting the Pre, but also as I'm on At&T and won't be porting I'm about 80% sure I'll picking up the new iPhone as well to replace my 3G....

Also you've got the Nokia N-97 which looks promising, the Android Magic, the Jack, and the Storm 2 which is rumored for September and will include WiFi and a more traditional capacitive screen and it's gonna be one hot summer!!
    Don't jump to buy the new iPhone as a suppliment to your new Pre, just buy an unlocked unsubsidized Pre from Palm or one of the non-US carriers and stay with AT&T.

That's right, I said Palm or one of the non-US carriers. Anyone ever consider the possibility that Palm might have structured their exclusivity agreement with Sprint such that as long as they do not allow another US carrier to subsidize and sell the Pre for a period of 3, 6, 9, or whatever months, that they (Palm) could sell an unsubsidized unlocked GSM model here in the good ol' USA??

Unsubsidized price could be anywhere from $500 - $1000 but would not necessarily be a huge threat to Sprint's $99 - $199 subsidized price ....

Just a thought to consider from another AT&T Mobility customer.