1.    #1  
    OK, I just called to get on the list for the Pre, it was pretty interesting.

When I asked to get on the list the guy asked if I was a current customer, when I said "No, I'll be switching from AT&T" and he replied "Oh great, let me move you near the top of the list then".

He then said that he expects the Pre the first week in June (no surprise).

Before we hung up he said he would give me a call on release day to let me know they have them, but then said "Actually, do you want me to give you a call when we get them in if it's a few days before, so you know we have them on the release day?"
    Of course I said yes.

So anyway, if you're calling to get on the list:
    1. Tell them you're a new customer (I'd say even if you're not, tell them anyway)
    2. Ask them if they can give you a heads up when they arrive, not just on "game day".

Who knows, the guy may have been blowin' smoke, but it's sure worth a try!
    Who is "the guy"? Sprint CSR? Store sales associate?
  3.    #3  
    Store sales associate.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    So very confusing...I spoke to my Sales associate ( been through 4 or 5 phones with this guy ) and he said they had no list and said he knew absolutely nothing because they are keeping things very "hush-hush", although he did a giggle a few times...The "best advice" he had was to sign up on line for notification to maximixe my chances
    did they have a list for the iPhone? also, did the iPhone sell out on launch day?
  6.    #6  
    I wonder if the different information has to do with the different stores.
    Are the sprint stores franchises?
    I've wondered if the difference in info that people get from the stores has to do with their location and whether or not they are high revenue or low revenue stores. No use in having a list if you will only get 2 to 3 pre's in on launch day as opposed to 40 to 50 in a busy store. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    the store i use is a corporate branch and also does repairs.. In fact, when my rep returned my phone call, it came up as a 913 area code (kansas city - the sprint home office ). I live in nj.
    I texted my buddy again today to make sure I am on the list....and he told me, "dude, we created the list for you, and you have been at the top of it for the last two months" lol. When I mentioned June 7th, he just texted me back "nothing official yet". This is very unlike him, many times he has told me other stuff, so....he must be scared of getting fired, especially if he were to give out info using text messaging, or he really doesn't know anything at all, which I doubt very much. The closer we get to the release date, the less he is telling me.
    I'm not sure why people keep posting this misinformation re. lists.

There are no lists.
    Stores cannot create any lists ad-hoc.
    The Pre, like any other phone is available on a first come, first served basis.

Sorry, but it seems that whoever is promising you a spot an a list, is just pulling your leg.
    Carioca FL,

Why do you say none of the stores have a list?
    Yeah, good advice - lie. Sheesh!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I'm on a list at my local Sprint store. Now, whether or not they want to honor that list is another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    So very confusing...I spoke to my Sales associate ( been through 4 or 5 phones with this guy ) and he said they had no list and said he knew absolutely nothing because they are keeping things very "hush-hush", although he did a giggle a few times...The "best advice" he had was to sign up on line for notification to maximixe my chances

We have two stores in our town, one Sprint owned, one not. The interesting thing I find is the Sprint-owned store is keeping a list and is the one that told me supply should be no problem, that if I'm on the list I will get the phone on release day. The independant store has no official list (although the Pre advocate took my name and number) and they are worried about supply. Also the guys at the Sprint owned store said they would get a phone about a week before launch to train on, while the indep store advocate said he was NOT getting one early and would only get notified the day before via an email that would tell him to be at work the next day 3 hours early.

From looking at all the posts and my experiance, it seems that the Corporate and non-corp stores are going to be treated quite differently, so what you are told - assuming the person is being honest - might very well be different from store to store
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    The Pre, like any other phone is available on a first come, first served basis.

Sorry, but it seems that whoever is promising you a spot an a list, is just pulling your leg.
    This may be true, but in my case I didn't get a sense that this was "hold" list, just a notification list.
    I just got signed up at a corporate store and a non-corporate, non-corporate store said that she talked with her manager and was told June 7th and "is not suppose to tell anybody" but she told me that her store may only get two of them in. If they were in a very high demand for them, which they will be, she stated instead of waiting for them to come off backorder, they have a backup supply that they can get at anytime. By the way i am no. 4 on the non-corporate store list and 11 on the corporate store list.