Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117
  1. #2  
    Hells yeah..... I can't wait to see a demo unit and mess with the keyboard!
  2. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    Thank you for the info! Nice find.
  3. #4  
    My source is not at his store, I can't confirm this.
  4. #5  
    How sad is this...that I am looking forward to typing on a dummy phone? So sad....

    But I must say, I found this entire journey so far very enjoyable. It had it's frustrating moments, like when there was no info coming out at all, and when the projected release dates did not pan out, but overall, looking back....it will make me appreciate the Pre even more once I get it!

    Kinda like the car you finally got after years of saving for it....
  5. #6  
    responses i got today to "any word on the Pre release date?" -

    sprint corporate store - "maybe end of june."

    sprint independent store - "september or october."

    best buy - "we'll only know when the pallette arrives at our store. sprint doesn't tell us anything. we have to train ourselves."
  6. #7  
    I hope this doesn't end up like the 6700 release for me... I loved the PPC6600, and was super psyched for the 6700 (EVDO's first device) and kept it for 7 days due to uber crappyness...

    I doubt this will happen, just saying.
  7. #8  
    This is it guys...get ready for Palm to make history. Good or bad - we won't know, but it will be history But thank goodness we won't have to worry about reading "JAILBREAK" and "PALM PRE" in the same sentence

    and next thing you know other phones will start trying to copy Palm:

    http://gizmodo.com/5253021/would-sir...or-sirs-iphone
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    and next thing you know other phones will start trying to copy Palm:

    Gizmodo - Would Sir Like a Pre Theme For Sir's iPhone? - Iphone pre theme
    Sheezzz, look at the comments. The Cult of Mac has some hardcore drones!
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Sheezzz, look at the comments. The Cult of Mac has some hardcore drones!
    Yeah, Apple has quite an army of fanboys.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10. #11  
    Are they live or dummy phones?
  11. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    This is it guys...get ready for Palm to make history. Good or bad - we won't know, but it will be history But thank goodness we won't have to worry about reading "JAILBREAK" and "PALM PRE" in the same sentence
    Are you kidding with that comment?

    I am actually going to wait a couple of months to see what developers/hackers will be doing for the Pre. I want the Pre to be modified, tweaked, hacked, modded, kitchen-ROM'ed as well. I am hoping someone will find a way to install real native apps, get me a Linux root shell, enable tethering (USB or even Wifi) and get a soft-keyboard working...

    "Jailbreaking" is what makes phones live a long long time...
  12. #13  
    Vicn77 said this over on SprintGurus.com

    Today, 11:15 AM
    "Pre Advocate Devices arriving at stores today

    Got a tip that some stores are receiving the Pre Advocate phones today as training will start for the Mid-Atlantic area next week.

    Going after work to go see it, hopefully"


    Let's see what hes got to say.

    LINK: Pre Advocate Devices arriving at stores today - Sprint Gurus Forums
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    This is it guys...get ready for Palm to make history. Good or bad - we won't know, but it will be history But thank goodness we won't have to worry about reading "JAILBREAK" and "PALM PRE" in the same sentence
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Are you kidding with that comment?

    I am actually going to wait a couple of months to see what developers/hackers will be doing for the Pre. I want the Pre to be modified, tweaked, hacked, modded, kitchen-ROM'ed as well. I am hoping someone will find a way to install real native apps, get me a Linux root shell, enable tethering (USB or even Wifi) and get a soft-keyboard working...

    "Jailbreaking" is what makes phones live a long long time...
    I think that the point was that Pre is a lot 'more' open.
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that the point was that Pre is a lot 'more' open.
    Bingo. Thanks for saving me the time from writing a response. That's exactly what I was getting at
  15. #16  
    Just played with one for one minute at my local store. Know the manager as they helped me recently with a serious screw up by Sprint.
    Slider works well, keypad is about the same as pro except with a slight smile curve, nice action.
    Did not get a chance to pay much with the software, first few cards moved quite well. Snappy enough.
  16. #17  
    My closest Sprint corporate store is 40 miles away and as luck would have it, I'm going to be in the area later today.
    So I plan on stopping in and hopefully get some info (or a sneak peak) at the Pre.
  17. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Just played with one for one minute at my local store. Know the manager as they helped me recently with a serious screw up by Sprint.
    Slider works well, keypad is about the same as pro except with a slight smile curve, nice action.
    Did not get a chance to pay much with the software, first few cards moved quite well. Snappy enough.
    Thanks for filling us in. You usually don't pull any punches in your posts, so I take this as very good news.
  18. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Just played with one for one minute at my local store. Know the manager as they helped me recently with a serious screw up by Sprint.
    Slider works well, keypad is about the same as pro except with a slight smile curve, nice action.
    Did not get a chance to pay much with the software, first few cards moved quite well. Snappy enough.
    So the phone wasn't sitting out on display? You had the manager go get it for you? Just wondering if I can go see one out in the open.
  19. #20  
    Anybody that gets to hold it for a second, check out the camera. Can it do video?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions