Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Classic is not a included app its something that will have to be bought seperatelly and it probably won't be available till the pre launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    "classic" was an app that was add to the pre. it will let you run the older POS apps. could you have been playing with an older beta version?
    Classic was not added to the Pre - Classic will be available to add to the Pre. For a price.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Classic was not added to the Pre - Classic will be available to add to the Pre. For a price.
    vicn77 I am guessing you are not an advocate? So how did you get your hands on it? Is it on display at the store or do you have to ask a rep or what?

Anyone know pricing for the classic app?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    vicn77 I am guessing you are not an advocate? So how did you get your hands on it? Is it on display at the store or do you have to ask a rep or what?

Anyone know pricing for the classic app?
    Not an advocate, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

Just kidding, I'm not an advocate just have a source at a retail store.
  5. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vicn77 View Post
    Not an advocate, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

Just kidding, I'm not an advocate just have a source at a retail store.
    So not any Joe can walk into sprint or best buy and play with it?
    Will stop by my Sprint store to see if I can play....and maybe get a few pics in.

IGO!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I was in my local Sprint store (north side of Vegas)yesterday. They know nutin.

I'm beginning to wonder if these guys actually work for Sprint.

I'll probably have to inform them about the official release date, myself... SIGH
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    South side of Vegas is the same way. I've been checking the Sprint store on S. Eastern off and on for a month now and the CSR up front may as well have a sign around her nick saying, "No, we know nothing about the Pre."
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Doc & PDF View... View? I hope that is actually DocsToGo (Premium please!) and not just a file viewer! That and the lack of built in Classic mode would stink! And no more pTunes/Pocket Tunes? I hope the built in player is as good!
    Just got some info e-mailed to me from my source:

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good morning sales teams,

Today is a very exciting day at Sprint as we officially announce the upcoming launch of the Palm Pre. This highly anticipated device has generated a lot of buzz over the past few months and now it is time for us to prepare for a successful launch.

We have created all of the tools and training you will need to become an expert on the Palm Pre and successfully sell to your customers. We will be holding launch calls over the next two days to explain all of the available tools, training requirements and launch support. Be sure to visit the new Palm Pre section on the RSP homepage for all your necessary documents, job aids, FAQ's and more. Today you'll be receiving the Palm Pre Launch Guide which will serve as your one-stop-shop for everything Palm Pre, including:

Pricing / Eligible Price Plans
    Positioning
    Competitive Comparisons
    Device Wait List
    Merchandising
    Training
    Launch Support
    The Palm Pre is a phenomenal device, and by combining it with Sprint's Now Network, our exceptional Ready Now service and first class sales teams we'll put it in a league of its own. It's critical that each of us spend the next two weeks reviewing the materials, completing the training courses, merchandising our stores and getting familiar with all of the support and tools so that we are 100% ready on launch day.

I hope you're all as excited as I am for this launch, let's make it a successful one!
    woot
    device wait list
    w00t?!
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    woot w00t?!
    I agree, going to have my buddy put me first on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by vicn77 View Post
    Just got some info e-mailed to me from my source:

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good morning sales teams,

Today is a very exciting day at Sprint as we officially announce the upcoming launch of the Palm Pre. This highly anticipated device has generated a lot of buzz over the past few months and now it is time for us to prepare for a successful launch.

We have created all of the tools and training you will need to become an expert on the Palm Pre and successfully sell to your customers. We will be holding launch calls over the next two days to explain all of the available tools, training requirements and launch support. Be sure to visit the new Palm Pre section on the RSP homepage for all your necessary documents, job aids, FAQ's and more. Today you'll be receiving the Palm Pre Launch Guide which will serve as your one-stop-shop for everything Palm Pre, including:

Pricing / Eligible Price Plans
    Positioning
    Competitive Comparisons
    Device Wait List
    Merchandising
    Training
    Launch Support
    The Palm Pre is a phenomenal device, and by combining it with Sprint's Now Network, our exceptional Ready Now service and first class sales teams we'll put it in a league of its own. It's critical that each of us spend the next two weeks reviewing the materials, completing the training courses, merchandising our stores and getting familiar with all of the support and tools so that we are 100% ready on launch day.

I hope you're all as excited as I am for this launch, let's make it a successful one!
    I bet a lot of people (ahem, Sero customers) would kill to get their paws on the "Eligible Price Plans" section of that Launch Guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    I bet a lot of people (ahem, Sero customers) would kill to get their paws on the "Eligible Price Plans" section of that Launch Guide.
    I'll see if my buddy has gotten the packet yet and have him tell me what it says.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Eh. There is still a big difference in what they tell Sprint employees to tell sprint customers and what sprint's internal system will physically allow.
    My Sprint source (store advocate) just texted me. They aren't allowed to demo the devices to the public yet. They have been told to tell "us" to go to Palm.com for more info. LOL
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    My friend/source told me that they signed an NDA, so he couldnt let me come play with it. He wouldnt even comment on the release date, even though I told him that Palm/Sprint officially announced the release and pricing. I asked him to let me know when they release details about the upgrade pricing (wife only has $75 credit, I have the full $150 but we are still under contract).

Thanks for all the juicy bits! I hope they post a display model soon. I wanna play with that keyboard with my big hands. I have a 700p so it would be a big adjustment for me.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456