Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vicn77 View Post
    Anyone else have any questions?

I'm hoping to go look at it again this weekend, I'll try to find the answers if possible.
    try to snap some photos and post them this time.
    I actually have Centro, Treo Pro and Blackberry Curve at the moment. Suprisingly Treo Pro keyboard is the best for me in terms of least amount of typing mistakes followed by Centro and Curve.

Curve's keyboard makes noise and I tend to mis-type alot more than Centro or Treo Pro.

The keyboards from Centro or TP look small, but they do their job surprisingly well. If the design contributes to making overall dimension smaller, I would have no issue with that.
    I'll definitely try, but it'll be from a curve, don't think my buddy would be happy if I brought a dig camera in.
    Quote Originally Posted by vicn77 View Post
    Anyone want to link the video so I can try it this weekend?
    I think it was in this video...not totally sure though...

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-3...eo-walkthrough
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I think it was in this video...not totally sure though...

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-3...eo-walkthrough
    You're correct, it's around the 8 minute mark.
    thanks i'll try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    So the phone wasn't sitting out on display? You had the manager go get it for you? Just wondering if I can go see one out in the open.
    No advocates on display, no dummy on display, no print material. Saw the pictures on gizmodo and decided to pop in and ask.

I really like the feel. It feels quite unique and quite fresh. The slight curve is not just a gimmick it feels very natural and well thought out. Doesn't feel as thin as a iPhone but given the near equal size screen and and physical keyboard you really feel like you have more utility packed into really elegant form factor.

I haven't even read up enough on the features to try and put it through the paces, and since the guy asked me to step in the back, I didn't want to be to pushing by trying to get to debug screens or pull out my Pro for a pic. He was shifting his feet and eyes darting nervously from the minute I touched it. We really just had what seemed like seconds, and forgive me I spent more time rolling it around in my hand than running through any paces.

It is a funny effect. I am very feature and utility oriented (WM Treo Pro guy) and I found myself kinda mesmerized by the form factor.
    Not all plastics are created equal. The same goes with finishes too. Just look at the Centro and the revised ones on Sprint. The matte finish on the 2nd round of them is so much nicer than the glossy original. The glossy finish on top of the cheap plastic is just a bad combo.
    Why is the plastic housing a complaint? What do you guys want your phones to be made out of, aluminum?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Not all plastics are created equal. The same goes with finishes too. Just look at the Centro and the revised ones on Sprint. The matte finish on the 2nd round of them is so much nicer than the glossy original. The glossy finish on top of the cheap plastic is just a bad combo.
    i kind of like the glossy shiny sparkle plastic on my centro. rubberized is dull.
    Confimed at my sources store.

Their overall initial impression... "Damn, this thing is small!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Confimed at my sources store.

Their overall initial impression... "Damn, this thing is small!"
    Why are people still surprised by the size of it? I think I posted it like 3 or 4 times in different threads that the Pre is almost the same size as the Sprint Touch....it's just a hair bigger. Also, my Sprint Touch has a Seidio 2000 mha battery with the bigger cover, which makes my Touch even closer in appearance to the Pre.

Also...again... go to www.sprint.com/pre and look at the spinning Pre, it's only slightly bigger in real life.
    Why are people still surprised by the size of it? I think I posted it like 3 or 4 times in different threads that the Pre is almost the same size as the Sprint Touch....it's just a hair bigger. Also, my Sprint Touch has a Seidio 2000 mha battery with the bigger cover, which makes my Touch even closer in appearance to the Pre.

Also...again... go to www.sprint.com/pre and look at the spinning Pre, it's only slightly bigger in real life.
    I handled the Touch one time and thought it was too small...this might be a deal breaker for me, I'll still wait to see it in person and get a feel for it but yeah, the size is disheartening.....if I don't get the pre, I'll get the new iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    I handled the Touch one time and thought it was too small...this might be a deal breaker for me, I'll still wait to see it in person and get a feel for it but yeah, the size is disheartening.....if I don't get the pre, I'll get the new iphone.
    So far, I found the Touch to be one of the best form factors ever. It felt even better in my hand after I added the bigger battery with the new, deeper back cover. I doubt you'll be disappointed with the Pre. I find the Iphone rather weird to handle. It feels thin and slippery due to the materials used. It just feels like I am going to drop it at any time because it just doesnt fit as well in my hand as the Touch does.
    who the heck listens to you?

Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    who the heck listens to you?
    And you think that smiley makes your insult any better?
    ummm..yeah. is this one better It was at least funnier than the latest "I have a Pre in my hand thread."
    And you think that smiley makes your insult any better?
    ummm..yeah. is this one better It was at least funnier than the latest "I have a Pre in my hand thread."
    Well thank you for this incredibly informative post. All the members of Pre Central will thank you for it, because, yeah...I am total dumbass that needs to be put down.

Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    If the keyboard is more like the Pro than the Centro then I'll be a bit content. I'm not a HUGE fan of the Pro's keyboard, but typing on it and typing on the centro's at the nearby Sprint Store yesterday the Pro's was much easier.

If keyboard is as good as Pro we are ok, but if like Centro I will not be happy.
    Just another confirmation that the Sprint store here has a Pre in the building. The advocate says it is still boxed and in a locked cabinet and they are under orders not to even take it out until they get an email (of course that is excatly what I would say even if i had taken it out and played with it).

This is a guy that follows all the internet stuff on the Pre including PreCentral he says he has not been showed the training videos that you can view on youtube yet. He also hears lots of rumors about people being fired for leaking info, but its always somebody knows somebody that knows somebody who got fired. He still says that he has been told they won't know officially about launch date until day before and he will have to come in 3 hours early the next day for training. This is a non-Sprint-owned store.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Well just an update called both of my sprint stores and neather of them had any info regarding the pre and deffinatelly had no demo.
    Store in Ft. Worth (Hulen) Texas no Pre demo today!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast