Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    me too. switching from a BB curve, which has a fantastic keyboard, to a potentially small-awkward keyboard gives me the shivers.
    The only showstopper for me is the keyboard. If it is terrible I will not be purchasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    No i didn't take it... it was sent to me earlier
    from a friend who took it and works in a Sprint store? (sorry if this was obvious - just confirming.)
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    from a friend who took it and works in a Sprint store? (sorry if this was obvious - just confirming.)
    correct
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The only showstopper for me is the keyboard. If it is terrible I will not be purchasing.
    to those balking at the possible small keyboard size - what smartphone are you using now?
    to those balking at the possible small keyboard size - what smartphone are you using now?
    I've got a curve, previously had the Touch Pro and Mogul.
    iPhone - Love the onscreen keyboard
    Blackberry 8900 - Blackberry makes very good physical keyboards
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    correct
    can't they give you any more inside info? how could they be so heartless?
    Using the iphone and sort of the Centro. Centro is a pain to use. Iphone is speedy when using autocorrect. Have to slow down for accuracy when it calls for it.

KB isn't the reason i'm getting the Pre but i hope its not a dealbreaker. In fact if they released one with a kb on par with the iphone's, i'd get that instead.
    why are you guys considering leaving those phones and come to the pre?
    No particular reason other than being a gadget freak
    I'm not. I am adding it to my collection.
    OS (multitasking, synergy, notifications, capacitive screen, webkit browser, hopefully not a walled garden for apps) and SPRINT (much better 3G in my area, better quality 3g, and better prices and features).
    Anyone else have any questions?

I'm hoping to go look at it again this weekend, I'll try to find the answers if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by vicn77 View Post
    Anyone else have any questions?

I'm hoping to go look at it again this weekend, I'll try to find the answers if possible.
    speed of GUI, overall device size/pocketability, phonecall quality, weight/feel in hand, slider action feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    OS (multitasking, synergy, notifications, capacitive screen, webkit browser, hopefully not a walled garden for apps) and SPRINT (much better 3G in my area, better quality 3g, and better prices and features).
    KY has 3G? who knew? i thought you guys were still working on getting indoor plumbing, electricity, dentists, and shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Update from linked forum: "Phones are on lock down.

Luckily I got to play with one while my friend's co-worker went on break.

Love the screen, a little antsy on the plastic housing, keyboard is a little small.

The cards is a neat concept, but some apps take a little longer to load (like the calendar), plus I was looking to see if you could customize the bottom bar but you can't.

Great little phone with nice screen.

Will this save Palm and Sprint, highly doubt it.

Tried going into the App store, which allowed me to do, but obviously there's no apps to download.

Browser is nice but it reverts most sites to the mobile site, not the full html site."
    This has already been shown you can. (except for the phone icon)
    speed of GUI, overall device size/pocketability, phonecall quality, weight/feel in hand, slider action feel?
    Didn't make a call, just opened up the dial pad.

Like the size and form factor, fits nicely in my pocket, but I wear baggy clothes, so those who wear painted on pants may have some issues.

Fits nicely in my hand but hand size does vary. Weight I would say it's a little heavier than a Curve but lighter than the Treo Pro.

Slider seems sturdy, not flimsy like the Rumor.

Speed guess that's relative to the user, I think the speed of the UI is great, but like I stated before some apps take longer to open than others.
    Last edited by vicn77; 05/15/2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: mis-spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    yap that was a feature that palm revealed. It seems like they just didn't know how to do it.
    Why is the plastic housing a complaint? What do you guys want your phones to be made out of, aluminum?

My Sprint Touch is my first smart phone, before that I had an A900, so having a real keyboard is a first to me. Since I am not bringing any "bad habits" with me from previous phones with keyboards, I am pretty sure I'll be fine with the Pres keyboard. besides, being that I am half asian, I have pretty small hands. Can't wait to try one out though in real life!
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Anyone want to link the video so I can try it this weekend?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast