Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so i was chatting with a guy from sprintshops.com about the plan and pre
    here is so info:

Bill: ...and u will have 30 days to try Sprint
    Bill: u can port number as soon as u know you;'ll be keeping Sprint
    Bill: I can also go aherad and get u pre-registered for the Pre and lock in a 49.99 price for you
    Paul: so the pre will cost me 49.99?
    Bill: if we get u pre-registered - absolutely
    Paul: Sure thing!
    Paul: i just cant wait till the pone comes out
    Bill: us too!
    Paul: so when is it coming? :>
    Paul: so what info you need from me to lock the pre price for 49.99
    Bill: no firm release date yet but inside sources say soon]\
    Bill: need ur name, phone and email
    Bill: theh I will let u kow instant it is released
    Paul: NAME phone number is PH# and email is ...
    Paul:and will i get any confirmation that the price was locked for me? so I can go directly to sprint store and pick the pre from them?
    Bill:store will not have it at that price - that is exclusive from us
    Paul: ok got it
    Paul: ;D
    Bill: have ur info - price locked - and will be in touch (hopefully soon!)
    Paul: and one more thing

and I also get 18% on service plan

I thought I would share it
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    They're not an authorized Sprint dealer. Be careful.
    From what I understand, the only places you can get a Pre in the US initially is a Sprint Store and Best Buy.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Just they type of person I want to buy a phone from, someone who uses "u" and "ur" while typing.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
  5.    #5  
    hehe anyway i thought i would share it

and here it comes to plans I spoke with sprint customer service rep on the chat and I have 15% on nextel plans

so is it possible to use nextel plan with pre? the nextel plan is different just by the direct connect stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sprintshops (strategictelecom) tried to get me to "pre-register" as well - for $50. I told them I already "registered" through Sprint/Palm's site. I seriously doubt he meant you will get the whole phone for $50. Those sales people are very pushy when it comes to pre-registering you in hopes of locking you into an obligation to pay the difference when the phone comes out - since you already shelled out $50. Something seemed fishy so I declined politely and told them I'll just purchase it through telesales directly with Sprint
    Please, for the love of God, tell you did not PAY them up front!
  8.    #8  
    lol r u crazy?
    If you didn't pay them up front then I don't see a problem.
  10.    #10  
    but about what problem we are talking about? I just posted that sprintshops.com is offering palm pre for 50 bucks if u lock in o_X
    $50 for a Pre. We all know the saying. "If it's too good to be true..."
    Oh, I can finish that one:

"...read the fine print."
    It is perfectly reasonable that a dealer would sell for $100+ less then Sprint corporate. They operate with less overhead and are more willing to take less 'profit' on the deal then COR stores. They will however, require you to agree to keep you account unchanged for the duration of their 'chargeback period' with Sprint in order to ensure they receive their full commission on the deal. Usually this means that you must keep the account unchanged for 180 days or face an additional charge of $200+ from the dealer.
    ok just for giggles I did an "online chat" with sprintshops.com

Anthony:
    What's the deal? You guys charging $50 for the Palm Pre?

Welcome Anthony! Your request has been directed to the Sales department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.

Call accepted by operator Darryl. Currently in room: Anthony, Darryl.

Darryl:
    Hi Anthony, we do not have pricing for the Palm Pre, however we will be reducing the price agressively for new customers to Sprint.
    Anthony:
    I've been reading in forums that you guys are "locking down" the price of the Pre for $50. Is this true?
    Darryl:
    I can add you to our notification list to be one of the first to know about our pricing and pre-ordering of the device.
    Darryl:
    We are not locking it down, but it will be close to that price. But definitely not $50
    Darryl:
    Can you tell me what forums you are looking at?
    Anthony:
    it's ok I'm already on Sprint/Palm's notification list
    Anthony:
    Define "close to that"
    Darryl:
    We will try to be competitive to what the actual release price will be. I can add you to our notification list to be one of the first to know about our pricing and pre-ordering of the device. Would you like to pre-register?
    Anthony:
    No thanks, I've already done that through Sprint/Palm like I said. Have a nice day
    for the record:

1.) These guys are a Sprint Business Solution Provider (actually a exclusive Sprint Biz Solution provider in the top 10 in the country), and use all of Sprints resources to help their clients. In the case of the Pre, the phone is coming from the Sprint warehouse in Louisville, KY, and can be serviced/returned at a Sprint corporate store.

2.) Most of their pricing will include accessories... they will also offer the phone at 199.99 with all the accessories on http://palmpre.sprintshops.com INCLUDING THE TOUCHSTONE, ETC.
    Last edited by PREdominantlyPRE; 05/20/2009 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    hehe anyway i thought i would share it

and here it comes to plans I spoke with sprint customer service rep on the chat and I have 15% on nextel plans

so is it possible to use nextel plan with pre? the nextel plan is different just by the direct connect stuff
    There is no more nextel plans, Sprint has consolidated their plans, at least for new customers, so whichever side you're on, you have to have either an simply everything unlimited or simply data.
    Are these like the guys I used to use on eBay? They would sell you a brand new Treo or BB or whatever for $1 if you signed a new agreement. Worked for my old roommate and a few others but I never did it myself.
  18.    #18  
    so what this is legit?

As promised, I am keeping you updated on the Palm Pre. The release date has been announced – June 6th! We still do not have a firm date as to when the Pre will be available to sell through our channel, but we now have the pricing. The retail value on the phone will be $549.99. We will be offering it for $179.99 for existing customers eligible for upgrade. For customers opening a brand new account with Sprint, we will be able to offer the phone for $49.99 (yes – that number is right!)

I will get back to you as soon as I have a firm release date for availability to our channel. In the meantime, if you have any questions please email me or call me at the office anytime between 8am-5pm PST.

Weeks away from the hottest phone in years!
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    so what this is legit?

As promised, I am keeping you updated on the Palm Pre. The release date has been announced June 6th! We still do not have a firm date as to when the Pre will be available to sell through our channel, but we now have the pricing. The retail value on the phone will be $549.99. We will be offering it for $179.99 for existing customers eligible for upgrade. For customers opening a brand new account with Sprint, we will be able to offer the phone for $49.99 (yes that number is right!)

I will get back to you as soon as I have a firm release date for availability to our channel. In the meantime, if you have any questions please email me or call me at the office anytime between 8am-5pm PST.

Weeks away from the hottest phone in years!
    This is legit, but only because there isn't going to be any false advertising in conjunction with the release of this phone. If you get this email, it will be honored.
  20. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Hi there, OP. Paypal me $50, and I will Guarantee that you get one of the first available Palm Pre's.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast