Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    these guys are a a sprint affiliate. so they are authorized. But I would be very careful nonetheless. They post on various dealsites themselves while posing as customers instead of honestly stating they are with the company. This shows their ethics, they are dishonest right there. There are postings by company employees of sprintshops aka strategic telecoms posing as customers.

Postings of their "deals" often include what seems questionable application of corporate discounts. boiler room sales affiliates sometimes do this. They don't care because when Sprint audits it you are out your discount but they got their commission already from Sprint.

By posting an open back door to a sub site (the "rx" I believe is for remax employee discount) what they are doing is making it seem like you are already affirming that you work for the company for which you are claiming the discount.

also be aware the fine print is different. There are different cancellation policies for these business affiliates and on top you can be charged back the full amount of the employee discounts they are making you apply for if you are not actually an employee of those companies.

Caveat emptor. You will notice the people posting good experience with this company are new posters on various forums and it is certain that many of them are dishonest salesmen pumping sales -- and leaving out facts that can come bite you later when you find out you have effectively claimed to be entitled to an employee discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    these guys are a a sprint affiliate. so they are authorized. But I would be very careful nonetheless. They post on various dealsites themselves while posing as customers instead of honestly stating they are with the company. This shows their ethics, they are dishonest right there. There are postings by company employees of sprintshops aka strategic telecoms posing as customers.

Postings of their "deals" often include what seems questionable application of corporate discounts. boiler room sales affiliates sometimes do this. They don't care because when Sprint audits it you are out your discount but they got their commission already from Sprint.

By posting an open back door to a sub site (the "rx" I believe is for remax employee discount) what they are doing is making it seem like you are already affirming that you work for the company for which you are claiming the discount.

also be aware the fine print is different. There are different cancellation policies for these business affiliates and on top you can be charged back the full amount of the employee discounts they are making you apply for if you are not actually an employee of those companies.

Caveat emptor. You will notice the people posting good experience with this company are new posters on various forums and it is certain that many of them are dishonest salesmen pumping sales -- and leaving out facts that can come bite you later when you find out you have effectively claimed to be entitled to an employee discount.
    Good point. Rx shouldn't have been posted within this thread... That site is only for ReMax agents, and orders won't be honored if you aren't a ReMax agent. The earlier message will be adjusted. The palmpre.sprintshops.com is legit, though. This company doesn't have integrity issues, though. Check this company's churn rate which is the lowest of any Business Solutions Provider (.74). So everybody stay away form this company if you want a crappy deal and a sales rep with pizza stains on their shirt like certain store reps, that we have all seen. This company is at the forefront of what Sprint does...they are personable, have live chat/phones open all the time, and they know their stuff. I mean, go to sites like this:

https://secure.bluefishwireless.net/..._preorder.cfm#

Check out how they are getting their info without disclosure, and not being upfront. Try to chat with them live, and they aren't there...that's why I had to move my business over to STS.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    https://secure.bluefishwireless.net/..._preorder.cfm#

Check out how they are getting their info without disclosure, and not being upfront. Try to chat with them live, and they aren't there...that's why I had to move my business over to STS.
    Interesting that they show bluetooth tethering.....Just curious as to how upto date their info is....
    Quote Originally Posted by PREdominantlyPRE View Post
    Good point. Rx shouldn't have been posted within this thread... That site is only for ReMax agents, and orders won't be honored if you aren't a ReMax agent. The earlier message will be adjusted. The palmpre.sprintshops.com is legit, though. This company doesn't have integrity issues, though. C

Look, the RX which is for remax ( I called Sprint to confirm this and knoew my facts before pointing it out) is posted on several forums such as this and i think likely by by sprintshops employees/salespeople.

That is an integrity issue. They are ripping off both Sprint and potentially the custoemr who is in effect claiming to be an remax employee.

They also obvious shill deal sites and phone interest forums by posing as customers stating they had a good experience. In fact you may wish to consider that mods on other forums may have notice multiple new forum members claiming to have gotten a good deal, and pretending to act as customers, and finding the ips of all those new forum members came from las vegas.

So please, the company has some legitimacy, but it seems likely that it has some very unethical employees.

Posting outright a backdoor to a page, the only way of which you are supposed get through is by attesting to be a remax employee, causes the customer to unwittingly be party to fraud.

The RX
    looking at their prices i dont see how they're selling it for less attached is their price with their rebates.
    pre.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Look, the RX which is for remax ( I called Sprint to confirm this and knoew my facts before pointing it out) is posted on several forums such as this and i think likely by by sprintshops employees/salespeople.

That is an integrity issue. They are ripping off both Sprint and potentially the custoemr who is in effect claiming to be an remax employee.

They also obvious shill deal sites and phone interest forums by posing as customers stating they had a good experience. In fact you may wish to consider that mods on other forums may have notice multiple new forum members claiming to have gotten a good deal, and pretending to act as customers, and finding the ips of all those new forum members came from las vegas.

So please, the company has some legitimacy, but it seems likely that it has some very unethical employees.

Posting outright a backdoor to a page, the only way of which you are supposed get through is by attesting to be a remax employee, causes the customer to unwittingly be party to fraud.

The RX
    I've seen these and wondered if this was happening...So, you are saying that the moderators are letting this go, though. They gotta be getting a cut. Because I've posted legit deals before through these sites, and they usually take them down if this were happening.
    They've updated the price to $199.99 after Mail-In Rebate including the touchstone kit (touchstone, battery cover etc) and car charger.

Anyone think its safe to go ahead and pre-order through http://palmpre.sprintshops.com/?
    they can sell it for less cuz 3rd party places like that get a kick back for new contracts.... so thats why it needs to be a new contract... i'm not sure what sprints kick back is but i have a buddy that use to own a lil self owned cell phone shop and hey would get a $350 kickback from every new contract that held up........ so if the phone is $199 they sell it for $49 all they are doing is giving the customer $150 from the $350 (i'm not sure what it is these days) they'll get from the new contract and they'll still clear $200 from the contact + what ever the standard profit margin is on the actual device...... it's a win... win... for every1
    Quote Originally Posted by moloukhya View Post
    They've updated the price to $199.99 after Mail-In Rebate including the touchstone kit (touchstone, battery cover etc) and car charger.

Anyone think its safe to go ahead and pre-order through http://palmpre.sprintshops.com/?
    I think it's safe. I was on the fence about them but after the chat I just had a with them minutes ago, I'm sold. I am getting it from them for sure. The person I was chatting with was professional and very knowledgeable. They answered every single question I had and I asked a lot of questions. They were right about the discount my company gets when I mentioned the name. I asked him about contracts, deals, shipping, and a lot of other things. Before someone says that I work for them. I don't. I'm coming over from att, leaving the iPhone 3G, and paying a 130 ETF. If you guys want I can post the chat I had.
    I also had a chat with them and agree. I have no affiliation with them either and asked them TONS of questions. I gave them only my email address and felt better after getting all the answers to my questions. I'm not bound to them, but I'm definitely considering buying from there.

All depends on if I can wait or end up being impatient and buying on launch day lol
  11.    #31  
    ok so i got another email that I can already preorder palm pre

The pricing you will see is for those who did not pre-register with me. For you - because you did pre-register - you will get the following pricing:

$49.99 for new account

$179.99 (after $120.00 mail-in rebates) for upgrades

It is very important that you do 2 things in order to validate that you pre-registered:

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx

These 2 steps are crucial so that I can get you the pre-registered pricing. Please remember, the pricing on the website will not reflect your special pricing. The website is not charging your card – it is simply creating an order ticket for me to process manually here. When I process the order, I will be reducing the pricing to your pre-registration discount.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or email!
  12.    #32  
    ok so I spoke with sprint rep and they are legit so i believe its safe to buy a phone from them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12