View Poll Results: Visual Voice Mail on the Pre?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes at launch

18 38.30%
  • No but Palm will add it in an update

20 42.55%
  • No - it will only be through 3rd party apps

5 10.64%
  • Never

4 8.51%
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    What do you think?
    I really, really hope so.
    This would be a fantastic feature! From what I hear it won't be available initially. Sprint couldn't have planned on rolling it out for ONLY the Instinct, so eventually we'll get an over-the-air update that enables it.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I agree Lax - i can't imagine they would keep it exclusively on the Instinct - especially when the Pre is being positioned to compete with the iPhone that already has this feature...
    I really hope it does not. Because visual voicemail was the primary and official "reason" given by sprint for forcing old customers to get new plans for the instinct.
    I honestly don't care. I have zero saved voicemails on my phone - I miss a call, listen to the voicemail, note what needs to be noted, delete it, and then call back ASAP.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I hope so. While I keep my VM box empty my girlfriend habitually has a ton of unheard voicemails. Visual voicemail would be a real game changing feature for her.
    I am the worst when it comes to voicemail. My mailbox is always full, and I hate listening to them. I would love to just click and delete all the old ones without calling in to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    I am the worst when it comes to voicemail. My mailbox is always full, and I hate listening to them. I would love to just click and delete all the old ones without calling in to listen.
    Yeah, but if all you see is the name of the caller, time they called, etc., you may still feel the need to listen to the message before deleting...perhaps.
    Not really. I usually only listen to calls from people that are in my contact list. I don't know maybe i want it because I have never had it before..
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I honestly don't care. I have zero saved voicemails on my phone - I miss a call, listen to the voicemail, note what needs to be noted, delete it, and then call back ASAP.
    When I'm at a desk that's great! When I'm in the car, walking down the street, or just can't take the time to note it right then and there, it has to get saved.

When you're mobile all the time little features like that really help!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I hope it does, one of the features I like most about the iPhone.
    If it doesn't though, there are services out there that let you have psuedo-visual voicemail.. I'm using one for my loaner Treo 650 now (I killed my iPhone).