1.    #1  
    Not sure how many current Treo owners use this great software. Obviously I do. Just pinged them about a release for the Pre and was told that they have no plans for the Pre

Won't be a show stopper for me, but it will be badly missed. I am sure that another golf score tracker application will come out at some point, but Intelligolf is really nice and has a lot of courses for download.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Not sure how many current Treo owners use this great software. Obviously I do. Just pinged them about a release for the Pre and was told that they have no plans for the Pre

Won't be a show stopper for me, but it will be badly missed. I am sure that another golf score tracker application will come out at some point, but Intelligolf is really nice and has a lot of courses for download.
    I think many developers will wait in see if the Pre can establish a large user base before investing in development.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, probably true. Guess I'll have to keep my Treo 800w so that I can continue to track my golf scores until something comes along !
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Yes, probably true. Guess I'll have to keep my Treo 800w so that I can continue to track my golf scores until something comes along !
    is classic OS out of the equation?
  5.    #5  
    Reminiz. Good point. My current version on Intelligolf is 8.x and I am not even sure if I still have a Palm OS version. I might, but it could be 7.x, but perhaps I could update it for a small fee.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Reminiz. Good point. My current version on Intelligolf is 8.x and I am not even sure if I still have a Palm OS version. I might, but it could be 7.x, but perhaps I could update it for a small fee.
    What you might try to do is e-mail motion apps and see if they have worked with it yet. On inside sprint now's twitter, they mentioned that over 30k classic apps would be compatible.
    I actually posted about it in the "what apps do you need" thread. They said the same thing when I asked. I love the program, but if it's really as easy as they say it is to get coordinates from the gps on the pre, I might just write my own.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ht=intelligolf

BTW, the classic emulator does not support bluetooth, so no gps for intelligolf. At least that what it looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    I actually posted about it in the "what apps do you need" thread. They said the same thing when I asked. I love the program, but if it's really as easy as they say it is to get coordinates from the gps on the pre, I might just write my own.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ht=intelligolf

BTW, the classic emulator does not support bluetooth, so no gps for intelligolf. At least that what it looks like.
    If more people keep asking, maybe they will reconsider and look into making one. It's inquiries by users to the software companies that will clue them in that they are missing out on the next big thing if they don't develop for the Pre.
    It is possible that there will be a golf app anyway, though we don't know anything apart from what its blurry icon looks like: http://www.precentral.net/app-catalo...nshot-pre-apps
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    This is what I keep my old Palm M515 around for.