Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just talked with a dude that has a friend in the real estate business. He said this lady told him that a Sprint logistics employee came in one month ago and signed a lease for 50,000 square feet of space to store "merchandise". She told her boyfriend who is a total uber gadget geek, and they broke into the warehouse last night (well first they had to sneak past the security guard who was asleep at the front door).

The first thing they noticed was a bunch of moldy Treo 600 boxes right up front. Hundreds of them from floor to ceiling. The dude has seen lots of movies, and thought this might be a false wall. Sure enough after some digging and moving boxes, he was able to crawl through the boxes. Low and behold, he found thousands, no wait, tens of thousands, of brand new beautiful boxes containing Palm Pres, Touchstone chargers, SD cards and adapters, desktop sync cables, optional 12 hour talk time batteries, $300 mail in rebate forms, documents containing instructions for setting up the Pre on existing SERO accounts, 32 GB memory upgrade packages, and last but not least, a memo marked "highly confidential" that officially stated that the Pres would be available starting May 17th through telesales.

Oh by the way, they borrowed a couple of the Pres for testing, and I was able to get one this morning. I feel compelled to to abide by the NDA that all of the other reviewers are following, but a detailed review will follow in a few days. I can tell you that I typed this post on my brand new Pre!

Just thought you guys might be interested. But please keep it a secret, we wouldn't want Apple to find out.
    I am sure all of that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    Just talked with a dude that has a friend in the real estate business. He said this lady told him that a Sprint logistics employee came in one month ago and signed a lease for 50,000 square feet of space to store "merchandise". She told her boyfriend who is a total uber gadget geek, and they broke into the warehouse last night (well first they had to sneak past the security guard who was asleep at the front door).

The first thing they noticed was a bunch of moldy Treo 600 boxes right up front. Hundreds of them from floor to ceiling. The dude has seen lots of movies, and thought this might be a false wall. Sure enough after some digging and moving boxes, he was able to crawl through the boxes. Low and behold, he found thousands, no wait, tens of thousands, of brand new beautiful boxes containing Palm Pres, Touchstone chargers, SD cards and adapters, desktop sync cables, optional 12 hour talk time batteries, $300 mail in rebate forms, documents containing instructions for setting up the Pre on existing SERO accounts, 32 GB memory upgrade packages, and last but not least, a memo marked "highly confidential" that officially stated that the Pres would be available starting May 17th through telesales.

Oh by the way, they borrowed a couple of the Pres for testing, and I was able to get one this morning. I feel compelled to to abide by the NDA that all of the other reviewers are following, but a detailed review will follow in a few days. I can tell you that I typed this post on my brand new Pre!

Just thought you guys might be interested. But please keep it a secret, we wouldn't want Apple to find out.
    Lick monkey nuts!!! if that was true how would you have activated the Pre for use?
    Last edited by xrayman34; 05/14/2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    I am sure all of that happened.
    It's a joke, not a particularly good one, but a joke nonetheless.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Just talked with a dude that has a friend in the real estate business. He said this lady told him that a Sprint logistics employee came in one month ago and signed a lease for 50,000 square feet of space to store "merchandise". She told her boyfriend who is a total uber gadget geek...
    That completely contradicts what my cousins wife's gardener heard from his aunt's friend who attended a class with a person who knows someone that worked as a carpenter for a guy that works at Sprint.

That person said the Pre would be released today. Unless it doesn't, in which case it will probably be in the first half of 2009.

Where exactly is this?? I want to go & take a picture to post on my Twitter.
    Follow Me On

Now everybodt knows.
    Don't tell anybody... then why are you telling this to the public?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I was the security guard asleep.

Its all true guys. I just lost my job.
    That's just the laugh I needed this morning.
    Probably some iPhone fans lame attempt at humor.
    HAW! This makes the Goat laugh! 32gig memory upgrades!? I'm going to have to buy 5 of 'em. Also, the Goat will have a minimum of 14 12 hour batteries. (Just in case)
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    LOL this is so funny because I put the Pre's there and they were decoys for the real ones which are in my garage .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    that was an awful lie. funny replies though.
    Very well done.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Now just imagine he wasn't kidding.....lol
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Ha! Thanks for the laugh and for the tease!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougb541 View Post
    i was the security guard asleep.

Its all true guys. I just lost my job.
    hahahhahahaha
    that was a good laugh
    You forgot to mention that they were dressed like the Hamburglar and the guard was Grimace.

Sh*t... did I just show my age with that reply?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast